DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Tired of Slapping Around Women

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

I'm Tired of Slapping Around Women

Casbah Cash LTQ:

So I just got done "Blackmailing*" the Senior LF Scout in Border Guard Complex, and after watching 21 animations of my character slapping, stabbing, stomping, shooting, and karate chopping the character in nice civilian clothes, I am growing sick of the imagery. In fact, all of the "LF" NPCs in the Border Guard Complex are female characters in civilian clothes.

(Image used to demonstrate mission concept; not endorsed in the slightest; staged by actors: do not imitate)

This is lame.

Slapping around women is very unappealing to me, and promoting it over and over again approaches on the inappropriate and offensive.

This is just my personal opinion, and you may disagree on the level of "PC" in this post, however it is stomping an image of a woman over and over and over again. Then repeat to the next target.

Somewhat related: what does "LF" stand for? I am very curious to see what kind of shallow explanation could be garnered.

*Both the Senior LF Scout and Expert LF Scout in the Mountain Pass have "interesting" mission titles compared to the design of the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Post Count
    Thanks for providing your feedback (which is very detailed btw) and how you feel in regards to the mission an it's goals.

None of this is intended in any way to be offensive or derogatory to anyone. I am passing this on up to be looked into and addressed as needed.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Seriously? Almost every game has some sort violence against women; comes with equality. 15th century chivalrous code doesn't and shouldn't apply to video games. Especially, these LF ladies. They cyber killed my imaginary twin brother.
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    Forget that! I impede!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Of all topics to be looked into, you can file this one in file 13. This is ridiculous. Who cares. You pay too much attention to even notice this, let alone be bothered by it. I have your solution, do not do the missions versus female avatars. This is a video game. Come on. I'm most certainly not for hitting women or addressing anyone with violence, yet we play this game. I've said too much. This is just silly.

Post Count
    Wow....IMO, this may be the closest you ever get to touching a woman...
    MW ID: Ryans67
    617-935-486

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I have to agree your making to much of this.

If this is the case we shouldn't raid bases with female avatars or attack them. ..... That wouldn't be fair either.

So do we ban female players?

Equal is equal.

I don't beat women in real life, I don't beat men either.

Not all female video game characters can be cheerleaders in bikinis.

Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    Originally Posted by Agent Orange:
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    As everyone else has said, its just a game. Why arent you complaining about killing people and blowing up buildings?

Post Count
    They could mix it up a bit more... Why can't they include vehicles?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    They could mix it up a bit more... Why can't they include vehicles?
    Now that's an idea. A little Humvee just scooting a long. Couldn't be any more difficult for the art department then people.
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    Forget that! I impede!

Consistent Contributor Pee-Wee Herman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Casbah Cash LTQ:

So I just got done "Blackmailing*" the Senior LF Scout in Border Guard Complex, and after watching 21 animations of my character slapping, stabbing, stomping, shooting, and karate chopping the character in nice civilian clothes, I am growing sick of the imagery. In fact, all of the "LF" NPCs in the Border Guard Complex are female characters in civilian clothes.

(Image used to demonstrate mission concept; not endorsed in the slightest; staged by actors: do not imitate)

This is lame.

Slapping around women is very unappealing to me, and promoting it over and over again approaches on the inappropriate and offensive.

This is just my personal opinion, and you may disagree on the level of "PC" in this post, however it is stomping an image of a woman over and over and over again. Then repeat to the next target.

Somewhat related: what does "LF" stand for? I am very curious to see what kind of shallow explanation could be garnered.

*Both the Senior LF Scout and Expert LF Scout in the Mountain Pass have "interesting" mission titles compared to the design of the character.
    This is pretty over the top.
    "The best way to predict your future is to create it."- Abraham Lincoln

Banned
    Post Count
    Haha I understand why it offends you, but if fake animated violence offends you, why are you playing a war game? Haha I mean come on brotha! Grow up! FYI no women were hurt during the fake filming of pixilated characters playing a f'n video game! Hahah just wow!!

Post Count

Wink

I am a female who has been playing this game since the first day it was released; that being said I find this thread totally ridiculous, lmao and smh! Do people ready read the story lines in the ltq's? This game is for a mature audience, mature obviously being the optional word. I will take creative freedom over liberal left-wing political correctness any day of the year. At least as a women I can decide what I want to engage in instead of a bunch of political talking heads (who are mostly older men) deciding for me because they think they know what is "best" for me and can make a "better" decision than I could. This is too funny to even comment further on. Good luck all and happy gaming!

Lurker
    Post Count

I didn't notice that I was beating up women in civies. I only noticed that I was tapping on NPC's below arrows. (I did notice in an earlier LTQ that an NPC with "Thug" in the name was a woman in a skirt.) Had I noticed, I doubt that I would have thought anything of it. While it might not bother me, I can understand how a person could find repeatedly attacking a female civilian to be distasteful.

I have to give Sirius credit for the prompt, considered response. Sadly, I think it is the only response so far that doesn't boil down to, "I dismiss your feelings and opinions as inconsequential, and you shouldn't articulate them."
    On the flip side, I can't recall the last time I saw a post from someone at GREE that wasn't immediately met with undue hostility by several people. Good job not being completely terrible, Modern War community.

Casbah Cash LTQ:

I assumed that LF stands for Land Forces. I don't know where that idea came from. I might have just made it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre
    I'm uncertain as to what you find interesting here. I find it interesting that this point is ambiguous while all the other points made in the post are clear. My guess is that you find it interesting that the mission is to blackmail the dark-skinned Senior LF Scout. If I'm right, the point you are trying to make is a pretty big stretch. At no point in time has the word blackmail, or the earlier terms from which it was likely derived, had anything to do with the color of people. Also, there are other missions that require you to blackmail white men.

::bracing for backlash::

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Waynetastic View Post
    I didn't notice that I was beating up women in civies. I only noticed that I was tapping on NPC's below arrows.[/FONT]
    Have to agree wasn't even paying attention to what the characters are

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    this is a violent game
    Clearly you haven't thought that!
    Maybe you should reconsider what you want to endorse or not

Casbah Cash LTQ:

This is lame.

dpghost

smart beats gold