A thought for designers and developers. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Would anyone really mind if LE's were just recycled building currently in game?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love me some totally new buildings.

38 36.54%
  • No, I don't care if they are recycled?

66 63.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A thought for designers and developers.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    Here's my two cents.....iOS users had a huge jump on android users and on top of that could build any building from the start. Iph has no effect on the bigger players whatsoever. It won't affect the bigger factions either. If anything it just gives them more to raid. Also in games like World of Warcraft, they allow new players triple the experience to lvl 50 to catch up to the others. Its makes for better competition which this game desperately needs. Just saying
    Lol no offense, but how can you compare WoW to MW? i do understand your point but still. Yes i know WoW gives a good start to beginners, but you have to understand that in MW its more effective to be low lvl with high stats then what it is in WoW, besides in WoW, you need to have at least one of your Character att 95, to be able to buy the heirloom (can't remember the actual name now) to be able to be strong at low lvl...
    *85 Superbowl Shuffle*
    Zambia - 301
    Armania - 226
    Mongolia - 248
    Finland - 200
    Turkey - 280
    Chile - 207
    Cuba - 216
    Netherlands - 359
    Italy - 369
    Mexico - 482
    France - 529
    India - 710
    Canada - 572
    Australia - 588
    Poland - 897
    Madagascar - 1027
    Colombia - 566

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    re-using buildings from PvE maps will eventually run out of artwork and would need to make new ones.

how about keep building new ones, and if time is short use the one from PvE maps. Hopefully that helps with the schedule. at least once in a while there is fresh new look artwork.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I may be completely wrong but the buildings on maps probably still need work before being available for your base. You can rotate and building before you place, therefore they would need to draw the other dimensions

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I don't mind a non-original design (i.e. from map). But not a re-release of a previous LE. I only got to the point that I could buy some LEs. So, there are a lot I see on other's bases that are cool and I'd love to have. But, that would diminish those that do have it as well as my own accomplishment. Please do not re-release previous LE buildings.

Post Count
    I can only assume, but I would think the buildings on maps are already complete. And even if they are not, the ground work is already done so it would make it easier to tweak for the upcoming WD country they decide on.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Boarder21 View Post
    I agree with this! There are some awesome looking buildings out there in the maps that I wouldnt mind having in my base as long as they don't cost 100 mil.
    I agree except I hope they cost FAR More than $100 million. The recent buildings have been so easy to attain that they may as well just install them for us on our base.

What happened to having a legitimate CHALLENGE? Buildings like the AC, AMR, and AV were difficult to buy... this was a GOOD thing. Buildings like these add VALUE to a profile due to their scarcity. At the time they were released, they cost upwards of TEN TIMES VAULT maximum, and that doesn't take into account Incomes that were a small fraction of what they are today.

Reinject some challenge into this game. Make buildings an ACHIEVEMENT again. Foster PVP play instead of continually removing it from the game. Make raiding relevant again instead of encouraging players to just lay around and collect enough from buildings they already own to purchase and upgrade new LE buildings.

Sick of the handouts... make me work for it and give me a CHANCE to set myself apart from those who expect everything to be easy.

Thanks.

/end rant

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by whammo View Post
    I agree except I hope they cost FAR More than $100 million. The recent buildings have been so easy to attain that they may as well just install them for us on our base.

What happened to having a legitimate CHALLENGE? Buildings like the AC, AMR, and AV were difficult to buy... this was a GOOD thing. Buildings like these add VALUE to a profile due to their scarcity. At the time they were released, they cost upwards of TEN TIMES VAULT maximum, and that doesn't take into account Incomes that were a small fraction of what they are today.

Reinject some challenge into this game. Make buildings an ACHIEVEMENT again. Foster PVP play instead of continually removing it from the game. Make raiding relevant again instead of encouraging players to just lay around and collect enough from buildings they already own to purchase and upgrade new LE buildings.

Sick of the handouts... make me work for it and give me a CHANCE to set myself apart from those who expect everything to be easy.

Thanks.

/end rant
    Many of us would be interested in a less costly game, if you have money to spend and finish the le event and build stats, why are you concerned about the well being of other?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
    Many of us would be interested in a less costly game, if you have money to spend and finish the le event and build stats, why are you concerned about the well being of other?
    Who said anything about spending cash to finish? It's about forcing people to use EFFORT not their wallet.

It's simple math:

When the AC came out it cost 12 times the vault max and a REALLY good IPH was 1 million.

Now an average IPH is like 8 million... even a building that costs over 1 billion to buy would be easier to attain than the AC was, due to higher incomes.

The fact that most buildings that come out cost $50-75m... is stupid. Players don't even have to risk any cash over vault to obtain it. This means no PVP or raiding is needed. I make far more than that in a day, so I can collect 1 time from my buildings and then purchase the new LE. It really cheapens the reward of attaining the building.

I'm certainly not asking them to make anything cost more money... just stop making the LEs so ridiculously easy to achieve. Every other aspect of this game takes vaults upon vaults.

Post Count

Ltb

I recently sent gree a message saying they should bring all ltb's back for a month to give developers a chance to come up with new ideas and members a chance to build something they don't already have.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood42069 View Post
    I recently sent gree a message saying they should bring all ltb's back for a month to give developers a chance to come up with new ideas and members a chance to build something they don't already have.
    You're not the first to come up with this idea. And knowing gree, they are not very good at listening to the players.
    7th Special Forces
    711-015-467

Bonus:
    Infantry Def: 7/7 Att: 6/7
    Ground Def: 7/7 Att: 4/7
    Air Def: 7/7 Att 3/7
    Sea Def: 5/7 Att 2/7
    Income: 4/7
    Health Regen: 7/7
    Casualty: 1/7
    Guild size: 54

Post Count

Only thinking about......

Who said anything about spending cash to finish? It's about forcing people to use EFFORT not their wallet.

It's simple math:

When the AC came out it cost 12 times the vault max and a REALLY good IPH was 1 million.

Now an average IPH is like 8 million... even a building that costs over 1 billion to buy would be easier to attain than the AC was, due to higher incomes.

The fact that most buildings that come out cost $50-75m... is stupid. Players don't even have to risk any cash over vault to obtain it. This means no PVP or raiding is needed. I make far more than that in a day, so I can collect 1 time from my buildings and then purchase the new LE. It really cheapens the reward of attaining the building.

I'm certainly not asking them to make anything cost more money... just stop making the LEs so ridiculously easy to achieve. Every other aspect of this game takes vaults upon vaults.
    Gree isn't wrong for making the building achieviable. What about the new members shouldn't they get a chance at a good iph just like you. They make up for the cost In the upgrade price. Why should it cost so much that a lvl 15 player can't afford to buy it. Stop thinking about the big dogs and think about the little dogs once in a while.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by alzl View Post
    You're not the first to come up with this idea. And knowing gree, they are not very good at listening to the players.
    I know I'm not the first. All members of my faction did the same.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywood42069 View Post
    Gree isn't wrong for making the building achieviable. What about the new members shouldn't they get a chance at a good iph just like you. They make up for the cost In the upgrade price. Why should it cost so much that a lvl 15 player can't afford to buy it. Stop thinking about the big dogs and think about the little dogs once in a while.
    I was a little dog once, and I'm still not a big dog. I'm not a Lhasa Apso, but not yet (nor will I ever be) a Bull Mastiff. I'm more of a terrier, or cockerspaniel.

I achieved the current LE bldgs in the first cycle my profile existed. I'm not saying make every building super hard to get but the fact I could get one of the best IPH buildings in the game with a 100k IPH is kind of silly.

Throw in a tough one once in a while.
    Last edited by whammo; 01-26-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I'm a neutered chihuaha
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    Forget that! I impede!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

It's simple math:

Every other aspect of the game, you can achieve at least some of the goal without gold, why should LE be an elitist event? If you're a big player, you'll get a bigger stat increase from the units, but an LE should be attainable by close to an average player. I think that buildings should cost $70M-120M (ANI was a joke), but the challenge is the upgrade. On any LE building with a respectable cost, I've only hit lvl 2 (like Cuba). I'm sure you're getting far bigger units which is fine. But give most people the chance to make the entry into the event.