Which Comms App to Choose!? Group? Line? Kakao? A N Other? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Comms App to Choose!? Group? Line? Kakao? A N Other?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I've used GroupMe, IMO and Kakao and personally prefer Kakao the best. Works great on my laptop and on my phone when I'm not at home. Only complaint is not being able to see who is online in a chatroom and that you can't remove friends after they are removed from the syndicate.

Post Count
    Kakao's biggest problem is not being able to kick users. You can boot someone from your syndicate, but you can't boot them from your chat. If the boot-ee doesn't leave, you will probably end up moving everyone else to a new chatroom.

LINE and Kakao have a very similar interface, only with LINE you can kick users, and LINE has a Notes function where you can pin up (think "Sticky") notes that can be easily accessed and not get lost in the chat, plus you can Like (great for important messages/instructions where you want people to acknowledge that they have read it and will follow the instructions) or comment on notes.

Might wanna explore WeChat as well, also similar interface, but has animated smileys.

Despite all the Palringo hating, it is the only chat app that requires only your email address and does not require your phone number or Facebook Connect. I know people who are stuck with Palringo because they have members who refuse to use any app that requires either one of the latter two. If you have members like that, then you're either going to drop them or end up on Palringo.

Post Count
    Groupme here, it does seem to lag a little if you're in a good amount of rooms and sometimes crashes before you can successfully open the app. Reinstalling every few weeks keeps it running smooth, though. Aside from those problems it works just fine!

Consistent Contributor ILikeTheAbuse's Avatar
    Post Count
    LINE, hands down... it doesn't do everything as if it were designed for a CC syndicate, but it's the closest thing there is.
    -just a sucker with no self esteem

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    A fool and his syndicate are soon parted

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    No, if someone gets kicked from a group they can't see it any longer (unless they have a friend inside who is screen grabbing and passing to them). A person who leaves by choice can return if they wish (in kakao they can be dragged back in too, not sure if that's the case with others), but an alert is always on the chat if someone exits (or is exited) or joins, so you can see if someone is spying, lol.
    That would be the hell room. The only way to escape is to block everybody!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ploop View Post
    That would be the hell room. The only way to escape is to block everybody!
    Or post a gross arse photo until they can't stand it any longer
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Or post a gross arse photo until they can't stand it any longer
    Well that too. How did you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Post Count
    My syn uses facebook, we set up a group and use that, works well

have u guys tried IRC , its the best chat app out there

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Kakao is definitely the best. Coincidently, it is the only app featuring Brad, HB & Robnholmes.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The syndicate(top 250) i am with uses Line. We have a chat room, war room, member stats room, and an alert room members can be kicked. And if you are logged off, when you log back on it shows you the first post after you logged off.

I am on a faction in mw that uses palringo. I find it less organized. Scrolling back to find any info you missed sucks.
    Last edited by D@C; 01-14-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Post Count
    we use groupme, easy to navigate, can add members buy using e-mail address or cell number. best app so far that i have used, tried glassboard, palringo, kakao, none have been as user friendly as GM. just contact customer support and they will raise limit on the chat room
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leader of REDNECK ASSASSINS - recruiting for top 200wd top 100sa
    349-122-589

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    LINE is the best chat app around imo.

- Space for up to 100 members per room
    - Can create separate rooms (main, intel, war room, trade, etc..)
    - Lets you post notes (sticky)
    - No lag/downtime and if it does get slow you can delete your chat history/pics
    - No need to give out your email/phone number. Add friends/members by user name
    - FREE
    - Shows how many members "read' your posts
    - Clean UI
    - Stickers!
    - Add and remove members from chats (if you kick a member from your syndicate)
    - Toggle notifications on/off per room
    - Saves spot from last read post so you can keep up on chats or just scroll down to skip it

You just have to create a LINE account to get it working on your PC. The only function you cant use on the PC version is the Notes. I have not seen an app that shows current members "online".

Edit: I have used Whatsapp, GroupME, Kakao and probably a few others and LINE was cleaner and easier to use.
    Last edited by Shadypal; 01-14-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    KiK/LINE: Shadypal

Consistent Contributor mulabenzy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Group ME is by far the best.

Interested in Joining a top 500 Syndicate? Pm me.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ploop View Post
    Well that too. How did you know that?
    Haha, I got added because some old friends wanted to make contact. Did that and then remembered an urgent appointment elsewhere!
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"