Broken Trust requires Restitution - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Trust requires Restitution

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredAndHappy View Post
    They are watching alright.. a member posted a comment in this thread a few hours ago.. his post was deleted and he is now banned becuase he copied and email from apple advising on app feedback
    WARNING: This post will likely get the thread locked and me banned... again.

Banned from posting not reading. Hopefully he is. My advice to him: I don't know of any faction that doesn't use an outside communications app. Or have contact with other factions. He was banned under the catch all phrases they use for posting. But Gree can't ban them for posting it to all those other chat apps and sharing.

Btw, for the mod/mods that will be reading, I have two comments. I am not suggesting that anyone damage your company. But I do believe that every consumer should make an informed decision and know their rights. In the post it said the memo from Apple encouraged people to leave reviews. I firmly believe that all players should leave reviews of all apps they spend money on so that others can determine if that game is right for them. And if Gree is a good company, and MW a good game, they should not fear but should welcome their customer reviews. If this gets me banned... so be it.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Where is an answer? Where is any form of customer service?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    anyone care to help your customers?

Post Count
    Well?? My initial,post was as well written and non vindictive as any, and deserves a reply as much as the open letter post.

Do you want to resolve this matter and retain those of us affected by this as paying customers, or do you prefer we just shut up and go away? Because I can easily do that at this point if that's your preference.

Post Count
    I think they would prefer if you shut up and kept spending money.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9c View Post
    I think they would prefer if you shut up and kept spending money.
    Prefer in one hand, and... In the other, see which one fills up first.

I'm just disappointed. CJ, PM me to get my attention. Logging out.

We completely understand why people are frustrated that they didn't get the item before the WD event. It was a frustrating situation already and the WD event around the corner just made that worse.

The thing is though, we have never added compensation for a what-if scenario where someone would have had an item/bonus earlier. We have never done this in any title for any person. It's impossible to accurately judge the effect for all individuals (because we are talking about what-if scenarios), which means that any response would get highly subjective or equally unfair in another way. It is just not something that we do.

When technical issues happen during events that prevent items from ending up where they are supposed to, we fix that and get people the items, but that timetable is going to vary by necessity. Again, I understand completely why this is frustrating in this case, but we are not going to compensate for it because we would just be tossing out arbitrary numbers/solutions.

Consistent Contributor Einszwei's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We completely understand why people are frustrated that they didn't get the item before the WD event. It was a frustrating situation already and the WD event around the corner just made that worse.

The thing is though, we have never added compensation for a what-if scenario where someone would have had an item/bonus earlier. We have never done this in any title for any person. It's impossible to accurately judge the effect for all individuals (because we are talking about what-if scenarios), which means that any response would get highly subjective or equally unfair in another way. It is just not something that we do.

When technical issues happen during events that prevent items from ending up where they are supposed to, we fix that and get people the items, but that timetable is going to vary by necessity. Again, I understand completely why this is frustrating in this case, but we are not going to compensate for it because we would just be tossing out arbitrary numbers/solutions.
    so wouldnt it be easier to give every one 100 gold?? or maybe 250 (little less than cc)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey guys. I went through the same issue. Completing 100 bosses and not having the unit for war... Sucked, but it's not the end of the world. I agree with cj. Just relax. I would actually like to say thank you gree for fixing the problem and giving our boss units. A little late yes, but still. Now I know I'll have an even bigger stat jump for next war

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

I completely disagree with this as a philosophy... Imagine buying an item guaranteed to be delivered by December 20th to give as a gift for christmas, then finding that it does not show up until December 30th. The company does recognizes that they are at fault for the screw up but does nothing to communicate that to those who dont explicitly ask, and does nothing to apologize for the error. Would you go back to that company?

This is the same thing. There were absolutely no in game messages - we had to beg for a response on the forums which I am sure not everybody reads - and instead we were told to relax and that it had no affect, which isn't true. Nobody was asking you to try and judge the difference the units would have made in the event. But wouldn't it be the 'right' thing to do to show some good faith in your paying customers and hand out an apology and a small in game token to make up for the admitted screw up?

Also as everything in game is advertised as becoming stronger for the next WD event, and when I spend money to earn the right to become stronger, and am wrongfully not given that strength increase, how is it right to not refund me the money spent for what I was not given in time? I sent in tickets to this effect and the questions were promptly ignored and the issues closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    I did not like your "everybody just relax" comment, but I'm sure it comes from your own frustration of trying to succeed in an impossible position.
    No, I apologize for that comment. It was ill-considered, and must have come across as very dismissive given the situation. Again, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    This is the same thing. There were absolutely no in game messages - we had to beg for a response on the forums which I am sure not everybody reads - and instead we were told to relax and that it had no affect, which isn't true. Nobody was asking you to try and judge the difference the units would have made in the event. But wouldn't it be the 'right' thing to do to show some good faith in your paying customers and hand out an apology and a small in game token to make up for the admitted screw up?
    The inability to easily message large groups of people in-game is one of the big frustrations on this end of things as well. It wasn't designed into the game originally and several potential methods are infeasible (pop-ups, for instance, take an artist and a full data push to show up, so that is out for emergencies). We did test out a targeted mass push notification recently, but that one isn't ready for widespread use the last I checked.

Some people have actually asked that we do something based on what would have happened individually. Ignoring that for a moment, consider this: let's assume people spent different amounts of gold to complete that boss, based on how fast they were going. Is giving everyone the same amount of gold or the same token item going to make everyone happy in that scenario? You might be okay (or not) with that, but I can guarantee based on past experience that many people will not be okay with that, and be just as upset about the perceived unfairness as everyone in this thread is now. If something was to be done, the only fair way to do it would be to look a measurable effect that people experienced as the result of not having that item, and that isn't possible in this particular situation.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Some people have actually asked that we do something based on what would have happened individually. Ignoring that for a moment, consider this: let's assume people spent different amounts of gold to complete that boss, based on how fast they were going. Is giving everyone the same amount of gold or the same token item going to make everyone happy in that scenario? You might be okay (or not) with that, but I can guarantee based on past experience that many people will not be okay with that, and be just as upset about the perceived unfairness as everyone in this thread is now. If something was to be done, the only fair way to do it would be to look a measurable effect that people experienced as the result of not having that item, and that isn't possible in this particular situation.
    Thank you for apologizing for that comment, I understand communicating to customers (largely when things go bad) can be very tough.

The in game messages thing, in my opinion should be a top priority, as after all what could possibly be more important than being able to communicate with your consumers?

Lastly, while I agree, when bugs are found there is almost no way to make everyone happy. That, however, is not an excuse to do nothing to try and make amends. Wouldn't giving an amount of gold or a token to make up for the mistake that makes even 50% of customers happy be better than doing and saying nothing and making 0% of people happy? Also what about simply giving a refund of the money gold spent on the boss? Yes for some this may not be any gold and for some this would be over a vault, but I just can not see how doing nothing about it makes the most users happy as I am sure that is your goal.

Post Count
    No, I apologize for that comment. It was ill-considered, and must have come across as very dismissive given the situation. Again, I apologize.
    Thanks, CJ.

If you think I was asking for WD to be recalculated, I'm sorry for not making that clear. My only point was that damage was done, and it was enough to discourage me from wanting to spend money on your game again. I posted here to give your company kind of a heads-up "last chance", if you will, to win me back as a paying customer.

If I go to a restaurant and they mess up my order and give me poor service, I'm very likely not going back to that restaurant. However, if the manager comes out and say's, "wow, we really blew it tonight, and we are sorry for spoiling your evening. Tell you what, your bill tonight is on us, obviously, and here's a $50 gift card for a future meal in hopes that you'll give us another chance". He doesn't give EVERYONE a gift card; He gives the damaged party a reason to want to come back. However, when Gree faces a similar respective situation, the response is, "Sorry for the inconvenience, we never add compensation" (unless, of course, you are a Crime City player, in which case, here's 300 gold to compensate for your inconvenience).

No person can do everything perfectly at all times, especially an organization of many persons, but any business that wants to build a solid customer base, retain customers, get referrals and hope to have current customers try out their other products as they are released would do something similar to that proverbial restaurant.

Your customers are your life blood, and retaining current customers is far, far less expensive than obtaining new ones, even when they've become unhappy. Gree needs to take some lessons from that restaurant, and, if they do, the marketing budget can be significantly reduced.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Your customers are your life blood, and retaining current customers is far, far less expensive than obtaining new ones, even when they've become unhappy. Gree needs to take some lessons from that restaurant, and, if they do, the marketing budget can be significantly reduced.
    Unfortunately, CJ, as hi-lvl as all think of him, is just an employee, not the manager, and apparently, manager is just looking and revenue streak and could care less, and too bad he/she/they so out of touch, while, as some said, "sit back relax and watch Rome burn" - because that's exactly what's happening with MW

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    Lastly, while I agree, when bugs are found there is almost no way to make everyone happy. That, however, is not an excuse to do nothing to try and make amends. Wouldn't giving an amount of gold or a token to make up for the mistake that makes even 50% of customers happy be better than doing and saying nothing and making 0% of people happy? Also what about simply giving a refund of the money gold spent on the boss? Yes for some this may not be any gold and for some this would be over a vault, but I just can not see how doing nothing about it makes the most users happy as I am sure that is your goal.
    Well said Kefa... Maybe I was wrong and they really are content to do nothing and make 0% of players happy, rather than try and make some happy.

In your restaurant analogy this is the equivalent of your order being completely screwed up. But instead of offering a refund, they tell you that you can have your order corrected, you just have to wait until tomorrow because all of the chefs have left. But don't worry, they will hold on to your money for you in the mean time.