Ridiculous match ups all through war - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous match ups all through war

Post Count
    Gree tells you what they base matchups off of.
    1. Total group attack (this is where most of you are being porked)
    2. Event rank
    3. Number of battles for group as a whole

Of course gree is going to jab a couple of times per war amd hanging out in top 500 is kinda asking for it but there are strategies you can employ to help yourself
    The universe is hostile, so impersonal....devour to survive,so it is, so its always been....
    -MJK

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    do you guys want me to hold your purse for you?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Making a quick jump to top will def do it. That's what happened with the new faction I just joined 2 wars ago. They scream to the top 50, and then stay there first day or so. End result? 2 wins and somewhere around 60 losses. We stayed top 150 last day but got dropped to 164th in last 2 minutes.

The more successful your faction in jumping, the more you'll see this. When I was in top 400 faction we saw this about 1 in 10. Now it's the other way around 9 out of 10 are super stacked. We just wait for an "old school" faction and then load up points. So for our 56 person faction, 8 out of 10 spend about 80% of their time as either cannon fodder (PA on DL, or wall hitters) and then just hit command centers. It's stupid but the way the game is staecked there's no other way around it.

Interesting thing is on Xbox Live magazine Jan 2014 issue they talk about this phenomenon of pay to not grind games, and how a couple small studios are trying to break out of this gameplay. Let's hope they make a mobile game that finally ends this here.

Other nice thing for me: going home for Christmas I grabbed my xbox 360 and Ghosts. My mw time will drop substantially from this point forward as I play a game that actually rewards for skill.
    Last edited by JCL; 12-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Our top 75 team gets 4 match up in a row where 90% of our team cannot attack anyone. One is top 10, one sup2 and one is a streak team with sup stats. We can't even compete half the day.
    KELLHOUNDS top 50 faction
    recruitment thread:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...44#post1267044

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    hey JCL I have 2 questions for you. 1: is your in game name JLC? and 2: what rewards do you get from playing xbox? I get rewards for going to work, its called a paycheck, but I've never benefited from playing video games.

Consistent Contributor Einszwei's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    hey JCL I have 2 questions for you. 1: is your in game name JLC? and 2: what rewards do you get from playing xbox? I get rewards for going to work, its called a paycheck, but I've never benefited from playing video games.
    I earn about 100 bucks a day playing COD ghosts on YouTube

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I just got matched up with VFF legends. Kill me now

Post Count
    do you guys want me to hold your purse for you?
    Can I overnight mail it to you? You can use some of the money in there for shipping it back. Perfect timing for our factions push on the last 12 hrs.
    Currently Retired
    Long Term Top 10

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    No, JCL here and JCL in the game. Einszwei has partially answered your question #2. There are several games out there, one completely copied by this games name if you were to add FARE to Modern War. You can make money several ways gaming, however these are games that, unlike this one, have perks, buildouts, and benefits for veteran and skilled players. Heck, even when you voluntarily start over (another copied name, "Prestige"), you get an in game icon so people know how many times you've started over (multiple levels of prestiging).

Back on point, got skill? Kill streaks, added perks, and other benefits make you more successful, unlike here where the veterans get literally shorted (if you're level 100+ in MW you'll know what I'm talking about). Get up to a point and you can do tournaments which pay out tens of thousands. Not that good? Go to a NET website for Games Battles (I've given you enough to find it), and you can play for smaller amounts at local levels. These sites go so far as to make the playing field level you switch out who is host (evening host advantage), and switching through maps randomly (set up by tourney).

Now, do you maybe still not have the skill but have a personality? If your trigger finger has great slow TWITCH muscles people might want to watch on TV (again, giving enough clues here) albeit TV on the Internet, then there's a website there. You can make good money there. Youtube also has streaming live and playback which creates revenue streams for dozens if not hundreds of gamers. Then, newer games (and now consoles) will even stream straight from your console. Don't have those or want to drop $2k on top end PC to stream? El Gato capture is about $180 on popular electronics sites (or $160 if you know where to find things NEW that aren't EGGs)

Quote Originally Posted by Einszwei View Post
    I earn about 100 bucks a day playing COD ghosts on YouTube
    On the twitch site you aren't allowed to state how much you make, but I know a few doing well. The watershed is around 40+ constant viewers when you can get start getting paying subscribers to your feed.

Lurker
    Post Count

War is not fair but this suck

I'm around 650k highest guy in my fraction is just above a million the last war we played the Dl on the other team had 31 million defence there's no way the total of our fraction is even close to that. It's been like this the hole war I use to like playing this game but this sucks.

Banned
    Post Count

Reflections of a War torn vet

Hmm,
    Plans should work but remember we are playing Gree's game and they have a pretty good propensity to mess things up. (on purpose or due to ineptitude ??? never know)

We did the opposite of what should have worked and due to Gree's standard operating practices it worked.

My recommendation- sit down with your smartest guys... come up with a "brilliant plan", something based on logic and sound tactics..... then do the opposite....... It's a Gree game....... trust me it will work LOL

Best of luck to all

-Burn

Post Count
    Something has gone wrong in the way matches are being made and gree employees are probably still on holiday so no one is there to reset it.

Cos if that is not the answer then they've just ruined faction wars.

Worst world domination event ever

We purposely dropped out of top 250 for easier match ups and have now lost 20 battles. So much for being a strategy game.
    Jedi Warriors 821575262

Post Count
    About 200th and got matched with Little Bravo. War battles started out great, past day they have been really, really bad....
    Back again, but now i'm not playing as much

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    When you face a one man faction with more than 40 ppl.
    Just lay low and unleash all in the last minute at the command centre. With 40 ppl you can score:
    40 x 4 = 160 times 80 = 12.800 points (and that's without using gold).
    Add me: 268-704-009

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Funny how "Everytime" my old faction is on the last battle of a streak, up pops an impossible opponent who needs lots of gold refills to beat. Coincidence or cunning programming.... Hmmmmm ! Must be coincidence as i don't think they have any clever cunning programmers.... Dam thats that theory shot down.