Effect of Def buildings and skill points against rob/atk by Guru Peacock again..lol - Page 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Effect of Def buildings and skill points against rob/atk by Guru Peacock again..lol

Post Count
    May be quicker emailing support?

Or asking Hatz what the normal process for getting banned is!!

Lurker
    Post Count
    so just for consensus... did we come to a consensus on how def. buildings work / contribute to overall rob/attack defense????

Lurker
    Post Count
    My email to Funzio ref the problem :

I'm writing regarding the crime city app for my I phone not using the defence that my account shows. My account name is kailub and my code is: 448053681.

I am a frequent buyer of gold and have built my defence up using gold based defence buildings amongst others to what i thought and is shown to be at this moment in time 38405, but a friend commented on my profile wall after he had robbed my buildings that it was only using 28387 at that time and not the 38387 it should of been.

I replied that i assumed as it was because my buildings that where being robbed it maybe doesn't use my mafia so my defence maybe lower ??? he thought this was wrong so he found me again and attacked me this time and again the same results my defence is using 10000 less while being robbed or attacked than my profile shows i have.
    All conversations we had are on my wall if you need to see the correspondence we had about the subject.

I'd like to know why this is please and for the matter to be resolved as soon as possible,attached are a picture of my profile showing my defence and of the feedback from the player.
    If you require any more infortmation please don't hesitate in getting back to me.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon

Lurker
    Post Count
    Their response :

Thanks for the inquiry. Skill points invested in attack and defense provide a behind-the-scenes bonus to your combat resolution. These benefits cannot be seen by either attacker or defender in an effort to add a bit of chance and mystery to player versus player (PVP) combat. It is this random element that you are seeing at play here, and as it is random, it will not occur every time. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

A

www.funzio.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lurker
    Post Count
    My response back :

I just don't understand your answer??? i've spent real money on gold defence buildings and in game money and time upgarding them to what i thought was a high defence and now you say its a random amount of defence used. So what was the point of spending that money on gold to buy defence buildings which are useless.

i feel like i've been conned out of money buying things that are useless.

Not a great way to treat the people ( gold buyers )who actually make you guys profits is it ? i for sure will not be buying anymore gold and i will spread the word that buying gold for defence buildings and upgading them is pointless

so i'll await their answer

Lurker
    Post Count
    A G, Feb 08 15:32 (PST):
    Hey Adi,

I am sorry my answer was confusing. Defense buildings are by no means useless. They, along with your items, create your baseline attack/defense scores. These are the scores you see in your profile. Once combat is engaged, the skill points invested in attack and defense then add to that score, often increasing it by several thousand points. These additional points can only be seen during the PVP portion of the game and never show up on your profile. This is to keep some sort of unknown element to the game, adding a little excitement because of the risk factor. It adds mystery, but apparently also confusion, and for that I apologize.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

A

Consistent Contributor JimmyShines's Avatar
    Post Count
    adi, the oberservations made by forum member on total pvp def is correct, and you will never get the response you are looking for from support, and no, you will not get a refund as well. Yes, it sucks, and yes lots of players are effected by this.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by adi View Post
    ... Once combat is engaged, the skill points invested in attack and defense then add to that score, often increasing it by several thousand points. These additional points can only be seen during the PVP portion of the game and never show up on your profile.
    This response from A G is ridiculous on it's face.

1. An attacker's attack points shown in the PvP screen never deviates from what is shown on his/her profile page.
    2. A victim's defense point total shown in the PvP screen is always LOWER than what is shown in the victim's profile, and there is a direct correlation between that negative difference and the number and level of defense buildings in the victims hood.

Excuse me while I pass a little smoke.
    Last edited by kusio; 02-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Posted on another thread about differences between HD iPad and iPhone, and thought of this thread...

I'm in the somewhat privileged position of having an account on both iPhone and iPad.

Both are now synced in effect, as they are both on Level 96.

If anyone wants any testing doing, for example on 1 account I have only 50 x Level 1 Gatlings as defence, on the other I have 50 x L1 Gatlings and 4 x L6 Bodyguard Agencies, then let me know.

Both accounts now appear on the others wall, so I can readily interact between them to get any info and defence stats that might be of use to anyone.
    Last edited by Burn; 02-24-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Post Count
    I'd say, let 'em fight and report back actual vs ideal attack and defense. Thanks, Burn.

Banned
    Post Count
    Actually, on iPhone I am at 48 x L1 Gatlings, no other defence buildings.

Step 1. Burn attacks Burn.

Reported profile defence on iPhone is 23280. Attacking from iPad reveals actual in fight defence on iPhone of 23136.

Step 2. Now I take revenge on myself

Reported Profile defence on iPad is 22679, this is 50 x L1 Gatlings and 4 x Level 6 Bodyguard agencies. Attacking from iPhone reveals actual in fight defence of 21697 on iPad.

Step 3 & 4.

I then returned to my hood on both devices, and repeated the process again, and got exactly the same numbers both ways.

Hope this helps someone do some useful math.

Let me know if you need anything else.
    Last edited by Burn; 02-24-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Post Count
    Here's my contribution.

Displayed defense: 12021
    Actual robbery defense: 11697

Defense buildings:
    1 x Abandon Building level 7
    1 x Bodyguard Agency level 7

Does that support your theory, Peacock and others?

Post Count
    guys, fill me in here. Are these figures from game data or just an assumtion or calculation made by Peacock?
    Pay the game the way it's meant to be payed!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Reported profile defence on iPhone is 23280. Attacking from iPad reveals actual in fight defence on iPhone of 23136.
    Difference is 144 = 3*48 -- looks like your class is tycoon which adds an extra 10% to the listed defense (3 per gatling). Constistent with peacock's/jlhy's theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Reported Profile defence on iPad is 22679, this is 50 x L1 Gatlings and 4 x Level 6 Bodyguard agencies. Attacking from iPhone reveals actual in fight defence of 21697 on iPad.
    Difference is 982. 150 of this result from the gatlings tycoon bonus, 832 remain. 4 lvl 6 bodyguard agencies give a tycoon a listed defense of 4*243=972 and according to peacock/jlhy you get a defense of 4*35=140, ie another 832 points of defense less than listed in the profile.

Looks like the theory perfectly explains the defense values from the fight screen.

Post Count
    Just a note: Attack and Defensive Skill points have severly improved drop rates on the maps. I noticed from starting with 20% M4 drop ratio on Pier 13 to a huge 50% drop rate ratio after fully investing my level ups and Map level 5 completion skill point rewards, investing fully into Attack and Defence Points. Skill Points are immensely important in creating "Hidden Attack and Defence". I can comfortably win when in battle with the scenario 25000 att easily beating 28000 defense on the Rival Attack summary. That with me having Less Mafia (normally 50-75 less!), fairly even weapons and I still win easily against a higher value Defence to Attack. Defensive building ratios improve with Defensive skill points.
    Those that ploughed everything into Stamina and Energy....Ooops