Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Craftable Epic

Quote Originally Posted by deathexe View Post
    True enough unresolved, but I would still like to see it being much harder to achieve nontheless, but that's just me haha.
    As would I, but we're also both in positions to receive epics from Guild Wars as well as being able to get the maximum amount of free keys from events. I have to think that craftable epics would be geared towards the middle-tier players who are stuck in no-man's land. They don't spend/play enough to break into a top 10 guild, but they want to be fairly competitive and don't really have a way to get an epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Unresolved View Post
    As would I, but we're also both in positions to receive epics from Guild Wars as well as being able to get the maximum amount of free keys from events. I have to think that craftable epics would be geared towards the middle-tier players who are stuck in no-man's land. They don't spend/play enough to break into a top 10 guild, but they want to be fairly competitive and don't really have a way to get an epic.
    Yayy!! Someone understands my plight.

Just craftable legendary will do All legendary in exchange for epic
    Yes gree might let's u epic but maybe only One story line epic
    So craftable legendary sound better just my ideal

Greeting From Taiwan

Instead of a craftable epic. How about a month long event where a new zone opens up. The zone offers the mats to craft the epic, and you have to do it in a set amount of time. Level it to 50 to be able to make the plus version.

It would probably be better to have an event where it's a guild based epic boss where a whole guild works towards fighting an epic boss and there are tiered rewards, something along the lines of a legendary, legendary+, epic, epic+ for completing the boss in a fixed time.
    Great idea bro! Craftable epic sounds good too, they're good challange for all players and guilds

US GanjaBoy - Level 166
    Unicorn Stampede High(est) Commander
    Battle of the Beasts - 4th
    War of the Damned - 10th
    War of the Wicked - 9th
    Holiday Havoc - 3rd
    Winter War - 3rd

Join us! We are currently recruiting! http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...55#post1061555

I actually like this idea.

The problem usually being with Greed would be them seeing this as a loss of potential money, but that is countered by probably having to farm for a good fews hours/days = more players playing your game = more potential income.

Im still sad I was simply to lazy to fusion the old armors to get epics, just to find out the option was removed the next day lol.

But yes, I do like the idea of there being a different way of getting higher level armors through different methods. Knowing that if I spend $1000 and still might not get what I want, rules out the option of chests

In my mind fusable = craftable. So there already is a craftable epic.
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by gnolaum View Post
    In my mind fusable = craftable. So there already is a craftable epic.
    Fusable: as of now, you can't get + versions from fusing.
    Craftable: you can get + versions by levelling up a regular armor to a specific level to unlock the + version then craft that + version.

I think the sole purpose of this idea is to get + versions of epic armors easily.
    So fusing isn't actually = craftable.
    It's been fun.

I would think that instead of making craftable epics, it would probably be time for more stages added in game to start bridging the gap between the epic boss armors and current storyline armors.

It would probably be better to have an event where it's a guild based epic boss where a whole guild works towards fighting an epic boss and there are tiered rewards, something along the lines of a legendary, legendary+, epic, epic+ for completing the boss in a fixed time.

I don't really fancy the idea of people being able to craft the epic multiple times.
    I think this sounds like a really good idea. More guild features and events of some kind.

From what you just said I have an idea that could work.
    So firstly it could be a weekly or a monthly event.
    It opens up a new area somewhere on the map maybe next to kod.
    This event can be done individually by farming mats for a legendary and either you farm the same mats over and over to get the + version or the monster that drops the mats have for example a 50% chance to drop anything and after that it has a 80% chance to drop the regular version mats and 20% chance to drop the + version mats.

Also this can be a guild event, but it is more like a new stage like epic or whatever. To do this you'll need your guild and it could have the same function as the "Declare" button has in a war. In this place you'll have to kill monster more like level 10 guardians or maybe even tougher. Here aswell it has a drop chance like I wrote above but maybe different numbers. But for the guilds it is epics instead.

After this event is over you have 1 week or whatever to craft these armors you have farmed mats for and the armors can only be crafted during this time, meaning if you don't start crafting them in time you'll never get them. Also the mats that the guild is farming is shared between everyone that is participating.
    Last edited by SnobbenSwe; 10-04-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMGBOOTRAMP View Post
    I personally think that Epic should not be be obtainable in chests. It should be super super rare to get
    how else would you get it??
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    how else would you get it??
    Through only fusing.

Several good ideas floating around in here. I am a fan of the potential craftable epic. Seem like the perfect place to open up new story line quests and areas. If it was done as 1 new area / month, as has been suggested, and in line with LTQ, it would be super fun. The last stage could be Dark King, and he drops mats for epic armors. It would take FOREVER to farm enough mats for 1 armor, not to mention 2 (+ version), thus making it unlikely that anyone not already in the posession of epics would ever be able to beat it enough times to get 3 of them (addressing your concern of folks with tons of the same epics), and it would cost a LOT of gold... now they just need to make the new levels.

I also think it would be cool to see one tied to a tiered GW epic boss battle, where we would declare and use EE, just against a boss or multiple bosses instead. It would be a PVE guild war instead of a PVP guild war. It could be made so that it is tough enough that only a few top guilds could get the epic, but would be a welcomed alternative and mix it up a bit.
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

What word comes after Epic in superlatives, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tuamare View Post
    What word comes after Epic in superlatives, lol
    Mythic would be next

GM of Beastmode Gods
    Line: ORYIHM

I like the idea of craftable legendaries or some kind of gap for continuing the story mode. It'd be a nice change from farming but epics i'd keep fusion and chests.
    Gem Stock: 113
    Current Lineup:
    BKal+ MAX
    Combustion+ MAX
    Northerners MAX
    Maelstrom Irons+ MAX
    X3 Maelstrom Irons regular
    Beheamoth + MAX

Knight level 54
    12x lvl3 TrainingFields, 1x lvl3 monster Nest, 3x lvl 3 Forges.
    GM of GemXion