Riddle me this.... - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Riddle me this....

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    But this doesn't address the issue posed by the OP. That due to unannounced server maintenance members of factions were unknowingly removed. Btw this was a lot more widespread than was indicated by the response from a Gree mod in this forum. Our faction lost 2 members.

The problem was faction members being unknowingly removed due to a problem with data on the server. These members lost out on some high value units won by their other faction members. I don't see why these players would not be given the items they were entitled to, there was nothing random about the awarding of the prize and to top it off it was through negligence on Gree's part that these players lost out.

The correct thing to do would be to award these players their prizes since I'm sure the server tracks some sort of faction history of the player(s) in question.
    It usually is, but was not in this case. If we can't verify something, we can't award people for it.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcdoc View Post
    Bro - I'm not calling anyone names - and I got the 18 hours because the servers came back up and it would have been about 18 hours later (I think) before you would have been excluded from a faction award - but hey - I could be totally wrong on that too - I am a married man - I'm used to being wrong a lot

Seriously though - my whole point on this is that the exact same thing happened back in April with the last time change - the same thing will happen again in 5 months on the next time change - but the bigger point it - you gotta look out for your teammates if you're the leader - and if you're playing with friends - you gotta look out for each other.

I would have probably been in the exact same situation and crying foul if the leader of our faction hadn't texted me to get back in - and I immediately texted one of my buds.

But yes - in the bigger scheme if things - It was a fail on Gree's part - and in normal "no-customer service" I'm already used to the "we can't help you" response you guys are suffering through.

I'm not saying it's right - but I hope this at least makes you aware of this problem and helps you see that a team can help their own by looking out for this type of situation :/
    april bug was bigger one, I was factionless for ~3 weeks. Couldnt join, rejoin faction etc nothing. Other people saw me in faction list, to me I was factionless. Reapplied, they couldnt accpet me etc. So rejoining cant be simple always too, especially when we are dealing with gree and their "its not a bug, its a feature"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    It usually is, but was not in this case. If we can't verify something, we can't award people for it.
    I have screenshots of the member in question being in the faction before the server maintenance was performed, and I have a screenshot showing he is in the faction now. I also have screenshots of the outside communications between him and the leader to get him back in the faction. If I provide these to you, along with a ticket number, will you talk to support about getting his deserved unit? If not, what do you, or support, consider enough proof?

Lurker
    Post Count

Totally inaccurate

Bro - I'm not calling anyone names - and I got the 18 hours because the servers came back up and it would have been about 18 hours later (I think) before you would have been excluded from a faction award - but hey - I could be totally wrong on that too - I am a married man - I'm used to being wrong a lot

Seriously though - my whole point on this is that the exact same thing happened back in April with the last time change - the same thing will happen again in 5 months on the next time change - but the bigger point it - you gotta look out for your teammates if you're the leader - and if you're playing with friends - you gotta look out for each other.

I would have probably been in the exact same situation and crying foul if the leader of our faction hadn't texted me to get back in - and I immediately texted one of my buds.

But yes - in the bigger scheme if things - It was a fail on Gree's part - and in normal "no-customer service" I'm already used to the "we can't help you" response you guys are suffering through.

I'm not saying it's right - but I hope this at least makes you aware of this problem and helps you see that a team can help their own by looking out for this type of situation :/
    18 hours? Are you kidding? The rewards in question were given when the goal was complete, not by the clock! I'm EST as are the leaders and officers in my faction. I was up @ 7:30 AM and our European players had finished their bosses before I was out of bed!
    I am an officer in my faction. And I was missed as soon as my leader woke up. But the reward had already been awarded to the faction. So quit blaming the victims here. And get your facts straight!

This is Grees fault and no one else's. Let them take responsibility for their errors.

Lurker
    Post Count

With all due respect CJ

Why can't this be verified? Look at my inventory. See the units previous and units after the one I say I didn't get. Ask me for screen shots to verify I have been in this faction for three WD events. I have them. And last but not least, look how much gold I spend! Why would I cry foul over a 10661/10661 unit if I'm a fraud? Why wouldn't I go for the 100k plus units? If your going to steal, you rob a bank. Not the local barber shop.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I'm just going to let this go. My beef is with gree, not you.
    Last edited by cage; 11-08-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: because i wanted to

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    So, even though you haven't responded to any of my questions/concerns, the member went ahead and sent screenshots to support demonstrating he was in the faction before the server maintenance, he is in the faction now, and the conversation between the member and the leader that took place to get him back in the faction shortly after the servers came back online.

Support still answered with the same generic response!

So, there appears to be a breakdown in communication between you, CJ, and support, because being able to verify something isn't enough to correct the issue.

Since support isn't even willing to look into the matter, and faction members used gold on a group event to make the group stronger, why shouldn't the entire faction request refunds on their gold purchases? We have enough from support to share with Google and Apple to demonstrate that gree is aware of the problem and that gree is refusing to address the issue.
    Last edited by cage; 11-11-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: fixed a typo

Consistent Contributor goldacre84's Avatar
    Post Count
    just get over it

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by goldacre84 View Post
    just get over it
    No. I will not. You, however, can feel free to stop reading.

Banned
    Post Count
    Anything with a random component (crates and LEs) we can't do, because of early abuse by some people trying to get better random units.
    its 100% ur own fault as you dont have a 'confirm' button. you should be returning ppls money. wen i is say "ur own fault", i am speaking of the company u r talking on behalf of.