Raid Boss Item Removal - Page 7

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid Boss Item Removal

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by panty sniffer View Post
    You're right, that's an accurate way of deleting prizes regardless of "boss distribution". Problem is that when Gree does that they are deleting a percentage that was obtained by using gold. Gold bought with our hard earned money.

Example: If they were to eliminate 10% of what I obtained from each prize tier, they've deleted about 10% of the vault I spent to obtain them. I think that's what Gree might not have taken into consideration when they deleted our prizes.
    If you spend gold to take advantage of a glitch, you're still taking advantage of a glitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Articulate Author panty sniffer's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm sure most people know that this isn't right but just not how to express the math. Anyone who has a problem with Gree taking your prizes away, your instincts are correct.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Well if 10% of your items were legendary and they do a truly random pull, you should lose 10% legendary items. The losses should work out to the same proportion you got them in if there's a large sample size. If you have 3 items, it might not feel like it, though.
    I'm tired, but what mxz said. Plus, it only works out fair for ppl with high numbers. If you had one legendary and 9 common and they take away half of them you have a 50% chance to lose 95% or so of your gained stats.

For statistics to work you need as big sample size as possible, it was a long time since I finished my education but of what I remember you need like 1000+ possibilities to get things fairly accurate, bigger sample size = better. I don't think many qualified for for drops in that many bosses.

Post Count
    Dippy Quote;
    If you spend gold to take advantage of a glitch, you're still taking advantage of a glitch.
    Agreed, though I'm sure the general consensus is that farming bosses cannot rationally be considered purposely glitching prizes despite Gree's vague sticky post about a "small amount" of prizes that might be glitched into your inventory during the event.

If Gree announced that farming bosses is not an intended game mechanic than you would be correct in stating that peeps were exploiting a glitch and got screwed as they rightfully deserved.
    Last edited by panty sniffer; 11-06-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    Except people weren't aware there was a glitch, many won't have seen the thread at all saying a "We wanted to go ahead and let folk's know now that there is a very small (and by this we really mean a small amount) amount of player's that are being credited a few more rewards than they should be getting.very small number of people are affected".

Even those that did read it would read a small number of people and a few items -- I'd hardly call players losing 100k or more a few items!!

Extra gold was being spent because players stats were increasing a fast rate of knots and it was paying off to do so as it turns out deceptively so, claiming it was a mistake, bug or best intentions is no defense.

It's no different to buying a car only to find out 2 days later the garage popped round overnight and took 2 of the wheels away.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOW View Post
    I'm tired, but what mxz said. Plus, it only works out fair for ppl with high numbers. If you had one legendary and 9 common and they take away half of them you have a 50% chance to lose 95% or so of your gained stats.

For statistics to work you need as big sample size as possible, it was a long time since I finished my education but of what I remember you need like 1000+ possibilities to get things fairly accurate, bigger sample size = better. I don't think many qualified for for drops in that many bosses.
    I actually addressed the sample size and the fact that people with only a few prizes might feel like it's unfairly slanted one way or another in a previous post.
    Still mad at Bostick.

I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Post Count
    Complaint and request for reimbursement sent to https://getsupport.apple.com/ContactInfo.action.

Here was my letter if anyone wishes to cut and paste or improve it:

I'm seeking a reimbursement.

I recently purchased gaming services, between 29/10-06/11 to the value of HK$9332. The Developer name is Funzio, Inc. The product was Crime City, Vault of Gold.

The services of which were not fully honoured. All receipts can be provided.

I understand that many such requests by other customers are being made to itunes and google's wallet for this company's poor services.

Would really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you so much.
    WOOHOO! WE'RE HIRING!!!
    IF UR NOT SERIOUS...THEN JOIN US!
    MAFCODE 996680019 / SYNCODE 479699911
    LEVEL 155+ ATT/76M+ DEF/65M+ IPH/7.8+ BANS/4.0
    PROUD MEMBER OF 100CLUB / 20O CLUB
    WHEN THE MOONS LINE UP SHOOT FOR THE STARS

Banned
    Post Count
    Gree wins again !

Pay, Play or Quit !

Learn your lesson :

Gree 101

Post Count
    The SOURCE of the issue is an engineering failure.....but the PROBLEM is a marketing message issue.......this is a game, little kids play games, what happens when you take a little kid's toy away?

To avoid this kind of reaction in future, consider where your audience is coming from:
    Either code the thing right beore you release it
    or
    Let the little kids keep their toys
    Last edited by Laelia; 11-06-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling error

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I did a little bit of math too. My syn finished level 24 of Elite and spent last 7 hours beating bosses to farm weapons. With my best estimate, we beat maybe 200 bosses, i am being generous here. I was active but did have to do the usual human stuff, like sleep, work, eat, etc.. Let's say i was involved and meet the point requirements in beating 75% of the bosses. that would be 150 items for me. I lost 400K in stats, that would be 400k stats /150 items = 2667 per item. I am one lucky son of a gun, i got 150 extra items averaging 2667 stats each, so i got an extra Legendary each time! even with the low level bosses. Before you say it, i am in top 100 syn and do have some modifiers, but we don't have all attack modifiers. No way is this adding up. This is probably too complicated for GREE employees to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebels View Post
    I went and had an add up.

I have two accounts one that uses gold and one that doesnt. I would have at least doubled my Boss requirments with my gold account.

Non gold account=61 boss rewards
    Gold account = 65 boss rewards

Something not adding up here Gree!
    Last edited by CCK-buttsy; 11-06-2013 at 07:36 PM.
    Captain of CCK
    Stats 250k atk - 250k def
    SYNDICATE BATTLE RANKINGS
    Midtown Takeover - Rank #121
    Market Plaza Crash - Rank #165
    Battle for Packer Heights - Rank #138
    Chinatown Throwdown - Rank #113
    Docks Rampage - Rank #93
    Red Light District Romp - Rank #100
    Civic Center Rumble - Rank #96
    Battle for Monument Park - Rank #86

Post Count
    One might argue that deleting 10% from every player makes things fair and proportionate in the grand scheme of things. After all , everyone loses 10% .. even for everyone, right?

NO. Reason why is that any free player who lost 10% inventory didn't lose any gold used to obtain the equipment. I lost 10% of the vault that I dropped to get the prizes and the more gold you dropped, the more money that went down the drain.

I lost 150 gold (10%) but if you were a heavier gold spender this event, let's say 5 vaults then you lost 750 gold worth of stats.. a half vault worth of loss.. I had at least 5 people in my syn that lost that much or more.

The more gold that you spent, the more that Gree punished you monetarily.

Edit.. math correction :P
    Last edited by panty sniffer; 11-06-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by panty sniffer View Post
    One might argue that deleting 10% from every player makes things fair and proportionate in the grand scheme of things. After all , everyone loses 10% .. even for everyone, right?

NO. Reason why is that any free player who lost 10% inventory didn't lose any gold used to obtain the equipment. I lost 10% of the vault that I dropped to get the prizes and the more gold you dropped, the more money that went down the drain.

I lost 150 gold (10%) but if you were a heavier gold spender this event, let's say 5 vaults then you lost 750 gold worth of stats.. a half vault worth of loss.. I had at least 5 people in my syn that lost that much or more.

The more gold that you spent, the more that Gree punished you monetarily.

Edit.. math correction :P
    I'm a free player who beat 100 bosses. You're a gold player who beat 200 bosses. Hypothetical numbers. Assuming we're both glitched and both got 10% extra drops, I have 110 items and you have 220. We both lose 11% randomly to account for the glitch. Now you have 200 items and I have 100 items. How on EARTH do you figure you're being scammed out of your gold here? You got exactly what you THOUGHT you were getting... quit *****ing about it.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    WOOHOO! WE'RE HIRING!!!

Post Count
    "File a police report with your local police department for internet theft. Make sure to have your ticket # from the company we are talking about. You can also mention sites above to the police for your proof that this is a wide spread issue. All the other complaints are visible through their site."

OK, if you do this, you'll be LUCKY if they blow you off and hang up on you. This is almost as bad as calling 911 when McDonalds is out of Chicken Nuggets.

edit: "I hope this help you through the process i tried to do this on the site but was banned for life 30 seconds after posting it so you know they don't want this getting around."

Enjoy your ban. you deserve it.
    Last edited by Dipstik; 11-06-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    Still mad at Bostick.

Post Count
    Southlands. Not a bad series. But McDonald's Chicken Nuggets? Very bad diet Dippy.

OK, if you do this, you'll be LUCKY if they blow you off and hang up on you. This is almost as bad as calling 911 when McDonalds is out of Chicken Nuggets.

edit: "I hope this help you through the process i tried to do this on the site but was banned for life 30 seconds after posting it so you know they don't want this getting around."

Enjoy your ban. you deserve it.[/QUOTE]
    WOOHOO! WE'RE HIRING!!!