Can a faction member help too much?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a faction member help too much?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Can a faction member help too much?

Me and 5 of my friends join a top 120 faction. This faction has placed in the top 150-120 for the past few wars. Me and my friends want to make a good impression in the new faction so we go all out on the war. During the first 24 hours we where at every war. Several of us dropped at least a truck of gold during the wars. The faction held steady in the 50s and for a short while in the 20s. We where dominating. Most of our wars.

The faction leader and a couple other members tell us we are getting too many points and need to stop. Then they suspend all wars for several hours until they felt we dropped enough places. Now we are in the 200s. All our time and gold was for nothing.

Is this really how top factions are run? Are there no factions other then SUP that goes all out? I have been in a lot of factions starting in the 1500s to this 120 faction and as I move to better and better factions I see less and less heart from the members.

If your in a top 100 faction do your guys try hard or just skate by? How high on the list do I need to go to reach a faction that wants to be on or near the top?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JDub View Post
    Me and 5 of my friends join a top 120 faction. This faction has placed in the top 150-120 for the past few wars. Me and my friends want to make a good impression in the new faction so we go all out on the war. During the first 24 hours we where at every war. Several of us dropped at least a truck of gold during the wars. The faction held steady in the 50s and for a short while in the 20s. We where dominating. Most of our wars.

The faction leader and a couple other members tell us we are getting too many points and need to stop. Then they suspend all wars for several hours until they felt we dropped enough places. Now we are in the 200s. All our time and gold was for nothing.

Is this really how top factions are run? Are there no factions other then SUP that goes all out? I have been in a lot of factions starting in the 1500s to this 120 faction and as I move to better and better factions I see less and less heart from the members.

If your in a top 100 faction do your guys try hard or just skate by? How high on the list do I need to go to reach a faction that wants to be on or near the top?
    yes indeed JDub, you don't pay attention to the strategy and think all that it is is to score as much as possible.
    WRONG!
    dpghost

smart beats gold

Post Count

Match-ups are based on a variety of factors. Current/Past WDP Score in war, Current/Past Faction Ranking and cumulative A/D of all members are said to have an effect. If you notice during the 1st day, the points for each tier stayed rather low. Factions are winning but not by too large of margins in order to stay low in the rankings and provide what they believe will be better/weaker opponents. Regularly on Sunday and Monday you will see factions go all out to satisfy their rankings goal. For us this is a normal strategy and does seem to help with match-ups. Although when we find a good target we may have a few itchy trigger fingers. ^_^
    One very Intoxicated Pig

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So SUP is on top because they don't worry about their score? They just relax and not care about their place?

Post Count
    This is the only game I know where spending money to get points turns your faction against you.....lol

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    JDub....if the plan for war is wins, you guys loading up on gold and points has really not helped your faction at all.
    You need to find a faction that still go after points position and are not worried about the faction goals

Edit: some factions have a gold ban for the first 24 hrs now, so you are quite lucky they allowed you to spend
    Last edited by CroftyB; 10-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My faction has no desire to rank higher then they have been in past wars.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBoss! View Post
    This is the only game I know where spending money to get points turns your faction against you.....lol
    Hahaha it is now....didn't used to be.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I guess I just don't get it. If no one is going to try and get to the top then whats the point of playing?

We might as well just all be friends and join one massive faction. Then I can get a camp fire going and we can all smoke pot, sit in a circle, and sing Kumbuyah.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    fltq and streak rewards might be better then rank prize, normally 1st 24-48hours most faction will stay low to get the streak reward prize, last 24hours is when people start to push for point
    Last edited by kelvinng; 10-26-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    We are currently ranked in the top 25 and NOT going all out...

The point is get to get as favorable of a matchup as possible so that scoring on something other than a command center is possible.

Pay attention to your your team's strategy... it will serve you well.
    Last edited by Powerbang; 10-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    So SUP is on top because they don't worry about their score? They just relax and not care about their place?
    Sup will get the streak and necessary wins regardless of how many points they score.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerbang View Post
    We are currently ranked in the top 25 and NOT going all out...

The point is get to get as favorable of a matchup as possible so that scoring on something other than a command center is possible.

Pay attention to your your team's strategy... it will serve you well.
    We faced you guys earlier.. Not a very easy matchup for us considering we are usually top 250

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    We might as well just all be friends and join one massive faction. Then I can get a camp fire going and we can all smoke pot, sit in a circle, and sing Kumbuyah.
    I'm down for that whatever the case like your thinking JDub lol

Post Count
    It's all about stratergies and when you join a faction to be part of the team you go along with that statergy. Don't just do your own thing working together gets results...

We are not a top 100 faction but we beat SUP 3 early this morning by strategy we could not even beat any of their players. Last 30 seconds command centre.....
    Jedi Warriors 821575262