A personal view and decision about the current boss event - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A personal view and decision about the current boss event

Post Count
    I can't believe they thought the prize at the end was going to make everyone run to the gem counter.......I have been a heavy gem user in the past but have recently come to the conclusion that they have become ridiculous with the amount of gems required to complete any event.....toss in a box event on top of this ....plus a raid boss event....then a war...hahaha.....

Guido....we don't always see eye to eye....on this we definitely agree.....whole heartedly .....no gems from me.....will go for shadow unit....but may stop there

KA: 630-568-270

Banned
    Post Count
    It is rather obvious that this event is designed to get the moderate gem spenders to buy more gems at full price. We didn't even get a 20% sale. This kind of reward is a great boost to anyone, especially the moderate spender. I am a light gem spender and refuse to use my free gems on this event. The Sailor Scouts are pushing as far as we can go with the daily goals, but none of us are spending on this ridiculous event.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vachau View Post
    It is rather obvious that this event is designed to get the moderate gem spenders to buy more gems at full price.
    Nope, it's another way to drain the accounts of the whales. The target market for freemium games is not the moderate gem spenders, and it certainly isn't the free players. Have a read of this...

e.g.

One player, who called himself Gladoscc, told me that he used to play a web-based MMO called eRepublik, in which players waged wars against each other. In total, Gladoscc spent more than $30,000 on the game. "The geniusly evil part about eRepublik is that you have to spend money in order to neutralize the enemy's money," he says. "It's spreadsheet PVP, though. The social aspect is what kept me in."

When he managed to finally kick the habit, a random stranger added him on Skype weeks later, only to discover that it was the creator of eRepublik. He had hunted down Gladoscc's details so he could ask him why he had quit, and try to entice him back.

Consistent Contributor Master Stormzs's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mid - Heavy gemmer here....NOT going for boss 100 as well...sometimes it's good to practice restraint and think logically.
    - Cheers for starting this btw

Banned
    Post Count
    Thanks again for keeping it civil. Keep it coming guys and gals.

Thanks Skyraider.

Post Count
    Moderate to heavy gem user here, also not going for the 100. I am assisting my guild with daily kill requirements as much as I can but even that is almost getting overwhelming.

I don't have an office job where I can sneak away on my phone every 15 minutes to get hits on the boss. I teach yoga and fitness classes and work part time at a coffee house. This event gas been more time consuming that anything I have done before in KA. And I'm one of those people who don't mind setting an alarm during the night on battle weekends; hell I think its kinda fun. Husband doesn't too much. Just teases me about my dungeons and dragons game

But this event has been a chore. I have dreaded turning the game on. Not cool Gree, not cool.
    Kingdom Age:186-190-498

Firm believer that glitter and a good craft beer solves everything

New to Dragons Realm, be my friend: 644-156-209

Post Count
    i doubt gree is shutting down KA. this is gree leveling the field again just like they did with the war LTQ. If this is the new design for epic boss events then it will allow low levels to gain grown on the high level players who have an advantage with large energy bars that get far or complete ltqs.
    Always looking for more friends please add me

My ally code 582-960-040

Post Count
    Light to moderate spender and agree with all what was said. Even the heavy gem spenders of my guild opted out of this one. It sounds like the majority of people on this post want Gree to change. I don't think it is ok to blame it on FUN either, the programmers got away from the basics. I miss my old kingdom age game!
    Join our guild or jump in to help get prizes and leave. Either way we are looking for active participation. Heavy hitters and gem spenders a plus. Let me know your stats by posting on my wall to be considered.

Gerber Brothers 200-094-627
    829850502 is my player ID number to talk to me

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'm not a big gemmer at all. Maybe $100 a month. But I'm a supporter of those who do. And what I mean by this is, I never complain about the prizes being too good for first place war. FUN, RK, and all of top ten deserve the prizes they get. The reward for the raid boss was laughable at best, but the bigs went for it. This epic boss event is absurd. I have decent attack at 6.6mil and was using 2 gold hits by lvl 12. It's a shame gree doesn't seem to care about pissing off everyone playing this game. And as many of you have said, it's also the TIME required to finish, not just the gems. Gree lived up to their name with this one, we all know what it is. And while the true stat boost of the reward is nice, a 10% boost to the next epic boss is honestly dumb as hell. I will also be trying to get the shadow unit, I'm even going to spend some gems to get it. I also think everyone should have it. Lastly, I want to thank all of our big spenders for keeping the game we all love going, and my fingers are crossed that maybe, just maybe gree actually gives as much a damn about this game as we do.

Consistent Contributor Capitalsfanatic's Avatar
    Post Count
    Moderate to heavy gem spender, but choose not to participate in this event. To much time and money to complete. My guild is not participating or investing gems either. Gems are better invested in other more reasonable GLTQs, ILTQs, or battle events.
    American Veterans
    VET

83rd in The Cave
    85th in The Encampment
    78th in The Hollow
    56th in Undergrowth Temple Conquest (24-hour war)

U.S. Air Force-Retired

Invite Code: 805-196-353

Post Count
    And to this the reason so many HLP have now spawned LLP's that can smash 50-60 bosses easy!, simple Gree maths LLPs can do more bosses , just make room in your guild for a handful of these and job done! although the 100 wont see many HLP get this unit , equate the bottom line HLP suffer LLP gain big stats

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Heavy gem spender here (have to assume 15-30k gems per month is at least on the heavy side...). Will not be going to boss 100, particularly since 10% boost vs next epic boss is worthless when they will just triple the next boss's HP anyway. Also, 100 bosses is beyond boring. Thanks but no thanks.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    And to this the reason so many HLP have now spawned LLP's that can smash 50-60 bosses easy!, simple Gree maths LLPs can do more bosses , just make room in your guild for a handful of these and job done! although the 100 wont see many HLP get this unit , equate the bottom line HLP suffer LLP gain big stats
    Hmmm... so this is why Gree inflated boss health... makes sense...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratma2001 View Post
    And to this the reason so many HLP have now spawned LLP's that can smash 50-60 bosses easy!, simple Gree maths LLPs can do more bosses , just make room in your guild for a handful of these and job done!
    That's right. Gree might need to rethink this quest style. The easiest solution, if you happen to have an old unused phone lying around, it to create a mini, get it up to level five, kill 50 bosses, reset the device to factory settings, reinstall KA and create a new mini, then repeat.

It's even easier in CC and MW -- you can just run an android emulator on your PC to do the same thing.

Consistent Contributor itsaklayton's Avatar
    Post Count
    Heavy spender for over a year. Too much this time. Breaking point in the game. I will not buy gems, will not go for the 100 boss, and once my store of gems is exhausted will stop playing the game.
    Lady Vishna 305-117-374
    {sA-} (Founder and Officer)
    Owner of DAUTHUS
    Owner of DALETH - 9th Guild to Receive
    Battle for Shipwreck Cove - 15th
    Dagon's Delta - 22nd; Glacial Pass - 15th; Giant's Alley - 14th
    Darkhome - 13th; Dwarven Mines - 12th; Blighted Woods - 14th; Dragon's Roost - 25th