Gree, you will not have a single dollar from me anymore

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gree, you will not have a single dollar from me anymore

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Gree, you will not have a single dollar from me anymore

I decided to go free from now seeing the madness of events you chain one after other. Each one requires more time that I usually spenf on work, family and friends all together, and it costs me huge amounts of money.
    More and more people is doing the same and still you increase the gems needed for each event and reduce the sale offs. At this pace, the game will dissapear in a few months, so milk the cow as much as you can while possible.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    no one is forcing you to spend lol. saying this wont change a thing, others have done this before.
    Hi guys

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxker View Post
    no one is forcing you to spend lol. saying this wont change a thing, others have done this before.
    The more that say it, the sooner they will realize they are going in the wrong direction

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by almarro1 View Post
    I decided to go free from now seeing the madness of events you chain one after other. Each one requires more time that I usually spenf on work, family and friends all together, and it costs me huge amounts of money.
    More and more people is doing the same and still you increase the gems needed for each event and reduce the sale offs. At this pace, the game will dissapear in a few months, so milk the cow as much as you can while possible.
    You can add me to that list... The current gems I still have, I am now saving for the war and then I am going 100% gem free. GREE went to far this time with Stat inflation, and making each event much more unattainable for moderate gem users (those in the bottom tier of gem bonus program) than the last.
    Last edited by Rastlin; 10-12-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    True. But every single week I see more and more people retire. Not on the forums, but a lot of gem spenders in top guilds. And I don't see Gree is enticing new gem spenders to take their place. Gree keeps racking up quarterly losses. To me it seems like these events are more of a way for them to milk every last bit of revenue out a game rather than finding new and creative ways to maintain it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't see nowhere in his post that he has been forced to spend. Not sure what prompted this comment from you and what use is this.

IGN: Beng (from 4 Oct 2013)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Ben View Post
    I don't see nowhere in his post that he has been forced to spend. Not sure what prompted this comment from you and what use is this.
    the way OP said his comment, to me, seemed like he was suppose to spend gems, he could still play for free, might not get incredible units without spending gems but he can enjoy playing it without the stress of getting that extra unit.
    Hi guys

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I don't think the OP implied that.

I am a gem player, the way things have developed is most certainly to lead me to stop buying gems. It has come to such a stage that an average player like me, need too many gems to keep up. Gree did not force me to spend the gem, but it most definitely is the reason when I stop.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by King Ben View Post
    I don't think the OP implied that.

I am a gem player, the way things have developed is most certainly to lead me to stop buying gems. It has come to such a stage that an average player like me, need too many gems to keep up. Gree did not force me to spend the gem, but it most definitely is the reason when I stop.
    again, you spend gems for what? definitely not just because you can, its because you want that unit, you dont have to get it though. you can just casually enjoy the game.
    Hi guys

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I don't see y people complain about spending gems all the time my guild is a top 200-300 guild an 90% of us are free players the only time I see my guild spending gems is during wars an we still get a lot of the top units by working as a team

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I disagree Voxker. Many of us moderate gem spenders, spend enough to be competitive; we use enough gems to complete a couple LTQs or events, when they're worth it, and use a lot during te war. What the OP is saying is that that amount (needed to complete te couple worth while events, has skyrocketed recently, to the point that the people rich enough to finish those events, have/are achieving bonuses that used to be obtainable, but are now limite solely to those few top spenders, so why sped gems at all? Especially when you used to be able to go far in an LTQ, and still gain nice rewards along the way, while now, 90% of the reward is from finishing te entire event, so if you aren't going to go all te way with it, then what's the point?

I can say, as a moderate spender, my gem usage has for way down recently, and If this continues, will stop altogether; were spending gems to remain competitive, if we need to increase our spending by 2-300% (if not way more), than why bother playing at all? Yes we can take a back seat, but we started using gems because we don enjoy the backseat.
    IGN: Hersh
    KA Ally Code: 282318435
    DR Ally Code: 479827316
    Add me!

Post Count
    These threads are like the movie Ground Hog Day.

Post Count
    I don't think gree will really care if a few people don't spend. There's still a ton spending.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    @ Hersh, could not have said it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    I disagree Voxker. Many of us moderate gem spenders, spend enough to be competitive; we use enough gems to complete a couple LTQs or events, when they're worth it, and use a lot during te war. What the OP is saying is that that amount (needed to complete te couple worth while events, has skyrocketed recently, to the point that the people rich enough to finish those events, have/are achieving bonuses that used to be obtainable, but are now limite solely to those few top spenders, so why sped gems at all? Especially when you used to be able to go far in an LTQ, and still gain nice rewards along the way, while now, 90% of the reward is from finishing te entire event, so if you aren't going to go all te way with it, then what's the point?

I can say, as a moderate spender, my gem usage has for way down recently, and If this continues, will stop altogether; were spending gems to remain competitive, if we need to increase our spending by 2-300% (if not way more), than why bother playing at all? Yes we can take a back seat, but we started using gems because we don enjoy the backseat.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Your point being?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    These threads are like the movie Ground Hog Day.