Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: The GM Thread

Are u talking about MY contribution, cause u might wanna speak to the GC u contacted earlier about that :P. If you meant something else, my mistake. btw did i mention pony's are better than unicorns. P-O-N-Y
    Last edited by Sparkle_DPA; 10-11-2013 at 02:16 AM.

woot! my GM prays for SLABS for us

In our guild a good gm is one who listens to the members, mind you our members tend to be pretty decent folk who look after one another for the most part.

We Arnt top 10, although have been top 50 in every war. I was invited at one point to a top ranking guild (interestingly enough after I posted that I spend gems - apparently that got me pretty much an auto invite). Anyway, I said no, simply because I like the people I play with, enjoy their company.

Hell with the way guild wars work, there is zero point in spending hundreds to get number 1, because the next chest reward (or in some case the current one) will beat the crap out of it anyway.

I would rather spend my time with people i enjoy the company of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle_DPA View Post
    Are u talking about MY contribution, cause u might wanna speak to the GC u contacted earlier about that :P. If you meant something else, my mistake. btw did i mention pony's are better than unicorns. P-O-N-Y
    Obviously you have never grown a horn... otherwise you would understand that unicorns are better.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumace View Post
    Our GM bakes us muffins.
    But doesn't let you touch them.
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

Cor blimey mate, what are you doing in me pockets!?
    My previous guild's GM and Sentinel lied to us saying they were going to set up a second guild, but actually just deserted us and joined BondBeyondTime. Worst thing was, the GM made his level 28 alternate account GM instead and didn't appoint a new Sentinel lmao.

So yeah I realised it would be a good time to change guild, and I did.
    [BACK WITH NEW ACCOUNT]
    WCP-WXR-FMX (Android)
    In-Game Name SA Veeke DSB
    Level: 80+
    Maxed: N/A
    WIP: Chaotic Hellguard + (28/99) Voidwalker's Shelter + (23/99) Explorer's Piecemail (23/99) Summoner's Garb (17/99) Rivenborn Aegis (10/99)

A good GM inspires & rallies his troops to Victory, leading from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    What makes a good GM? Do people stay in guilds where they don't like the GM? Why/Why not? Should a GM be one of the higher point scorers in each war? Are you carrying your GM, or even your entire guild? I hope not.
    I get the impression you're asking in the context of K&D, and that your experience is primarily mobile games. I'm obviously my guild's GM, but I've been around the block for awhile in many guilds in many games. First question that precludes your questions is - what sort of guild is it? Obviously, any idiot can claim to be leading a competitive ultrahardcore guild pew pew, so let's discard that. There are affinity guilds - family, friends, gaming group, they have some factor that brings them together and they stick around for that factor. Maybe they're all local MENSA chapter members, like Majestic. Their GM is rarely judged, unless they go outside of social norms, or are extremely unresponsive to inviting members (ie., getting affinity members in - "WHY HAVEN'T YOU INVITED MY COUSIN VINNY?")

The other two, IMO, are on a spectrum - hardcore to zerg. Zerg is a little limited in KND and probably most mobile games, but they basically invite anyone and everyone to get as many members as possible. Based on some outside communication I've received, I believe KND's weaker equivelent would be zerg alliances. Note that a competitive guild recruiting heavily is not (sin qua non) zerging, although it can have the knock-on effect of reducing the hardcore quotient especially under subsequent management; zerging is recruiting for the sake of recruiting. These GMs are, again, rarely judged outside of extremes.

The other end would be hardcore, clearly defined with pruning inactive/inadequate members (didn't spend enough gems to meet mandatory spend limits? didn't farm enough consumables for the raid? ... et cet). The more strict the criteria and pruning, the more hardcore. There's not a 1:1 correlation for rank and hardcore, but it's certainly a strong correlation. The more hardcore a guild, the more strictly the GM him/herself is judged, in terms of the guild/GM bringing home the bacon. #1 guilds with top 5 performing GMs in most games can say or do just about anything and their members may gripe, but as long as those two criteria are met, it's just talk.

On the other hand, if this is a subtly disguised recruiting thread for those one spender monsters in mid-tier guilds, bravo.
    Bears At Large (iOS) Beartator (recruiting for solid Guild Warriors!) - use LINE

This is starting to piss me off. HOW CAN ANYONE THINK UNICORNS ARE BETTER THAN PONY'S? I dont even see the logic behind that. I can write you a 50 page essay that philosophically explains why the following statement is true: Pony> Unicorn > Horse
    Last edited by Sparkle_DPA; 10-11-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Unicorns and ponys... now there is a real battle. Hmm...
    In-game name: LifesavorZzz
    Level: 1xx
    Guild: Bad Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Eunuchorn View Post
    A good GM inspires & rallies his troops to Victory, leading from the front.

By far your funniest post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle_DPA View Post
    This is starting to piss me off. HOW CAN ANYONE THINK UNICORNS ARE BETTER THAN PONY'S? I dont even see the logic behind that. I can write you a 50 page essay that philosophically explains why the following statement is true: Pony> Unicorn > Horse
    BULL, i refuse until proven.

Second off, Ponies suck no offense, just never was a brony, but more power to you,
    Second the only unicorns that are cool, would be unicorn stampede.

Rainbow Room? why did the top guild have to sound so gay....

Vote goes for untouchables as my favorite top ios guild
    Guild Master of Gravity lv 51, 7/33

spirit: 8% fire: 8% air: 8% water: 8% earth: 7%
    Name : NickkyDC
    Level 139 ( Moontide non + 91/99, Specter's Shroud non+ 20/99, Firestorm Vanguard non+ 40/99, Assassins shroud +, and Horsemans Battlegear+ both maxed)
    Add me - XBC-XXZ-BZQ

Would you rather play leapfrog with Ponys or Unicorns?

Pony > Unicorn.
    Dragon Realms Code: 205-371-641

Knights and Dragons code: WBB-VFW-FVY
    Level 100 - 2013/09/24
    Maxed L70: SG+, AotB+
    Maxed L99: Beastmaster Battlegear, Shoushard
    In the queue: Blazeborn, Armor of the Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by NickkyDC View Post
    BULL, i refuse until proven.

Second off, Ponies suck no offense, just never was a brony, but more power to you,
    Second the only unicorns that are cool, would be unicorn stampede
    When you were a kid did your mother tell you that everyone who wasn't first comes second because you always came last?
    IGN:Leale
    LINE:lealekd
    GUILD:Plus Ones
    POSITION:Guild Master
    LEVEL:138
    ARMOUR:
    Maelstrom Irons: MAXED | Maelstrom Irons: MAXED | Tectonic Mantle: MAXED | Aegis of the Dragon: MAXED | Guardian's Battlegear +: MAXED | Blazeborne Vanguard: MAXED | Maelstrom Irons: MAXED

i like bears...