Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Apple] Guild War...Fusion Fighter's Blitz! September 27

Do you have what it takes to be the top guild!? 24 hours of non-stop competition to prove your worth! Get ready to rumble!

[Discuss]Fusion Fighter's Blitz!

Hack and Blitz to the top!
    Last edited by Elita; 09-27-2013 at 02:42 PM.

I'd rather discuss the mysterious Elita, Kandy Dev extraordinaire who mysteriously appeared on September 24.

What does Power Attack do?
    I thought I read something about how it incapacitates either you or your victim, and depletes your energy bar, but I don't remember where I read it.

OK, nevermind. I found it. Of course it was on the next page that I saw after making that last post.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mark View Post
    Guild Leadership Effect

All Guild members in leadership roles will now receive an ATK and DEF boost called a "Guild Leadership Effect"! This boost is added everywhere in the game (fighting normal monsters, Epic Bosses, other knights in PVP, etc).

Guild Wars

Now that you've formed a guild of epic Knights, the moment has come to face off against rival guilds in battle! Participation is open to all active knights in a guild when the 3-day Guild War event begins.

Guild recruitment and enlistment will be frozen while the event is active.

Guild Battles

Battles between guilds must be initiated and can be done so by tapping the "Declare War" button. Once an opposing guild is found, a Guild Battle will officially begin and last 60 minutes.

Both guilds in a Guild Battle will earn War Points based on their performance. The winning guild earns a War Points bonus, and all earned War Points are applied directly to your guild's ranking. Collect the most War Points to earn massive rewards for your entire guild!

During a Guild Battle, each guild member can earn War Points by defeating rival knights, and attacking the opposing guild's Guardian and Castle Gate. You can even earn additional points for defeating guild leaders and tougher opponents!

Guild Battles are fought in a 3-on-3 format and use War Energy to initiate the fight. However, unlike in the Tournament Arena, you'll have the option of selecting 2 types of attacks:

Attack – Costs a normal amount of War Energy (25) with no bonuses to ATK and DEF.
    Power Attack – Costs a full bar of War Energy (100) with a huge ATK and DEF bonus.
    War Energy replenishes at a rate of 1 per minute and can also be refilled by consuming a War Energy pack.

Battle Frenzy

Battle Frenzy is a bonus effect that increases the amount of War Points gained for a period of time. Battle Frenzy may be triggered automatically during a single Guild Battle when the Battle gets close.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mark View Post
    Guild Sentinels

All opposing guild members are "protected" by the Guild Sentinel until the Guild Sentinel is defeated by any guild member. This means that all other knights are unavailable to fight until the Guild Sentinel is defeated. Guild members can still attack the Guardian or Castle Gate if the Guild Sentinel has not been defeated.

Guild Sentinels gets a 50% DEF boost while protecting their guild's members.

Guild Guardians

Guild Guardians act as an extra layer of defense! While a Guardian is alive, the opposing guild earns less War Points. Higher level Guardians protect your guild better, with higher health AND greater War Point protection.

Attacking Guild Guardians yield War Points even if you don't defeat it, and defeating a Guardian gives extra rewards to the member that has inflicted the most damage in defeating it.

Castle Gate

If members are having a hard time defeating rival knights, they can always attack the opposing guild's Castle Gate. It is always available to attack, but doesn't give out as many points as winning against rival knights.

End of Guild War Event

About 60 minutes before the 3-day Guild War event ends, guilds will not be permitted to Declare War.

Accumulated War Points, from both Guild Battle Skirmishes and wins, will determine your Guild's ranking in the Guild War Event. Fight hard for better rewards, because all members of your guild get all of the rewards shown!

HACK and blitz to the top......weird.
    iOS PLAYER
    IGN: Sabre LEVEL: 100+
    K&D Code: XBB-GZW-YQG

I sorta know that hack means to cut away, but used in this context.....
    iOS PLAYER
    IGN: Sabre LEVEL: 100+
    K&D Code: XBB-GZW-YQG

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    OK, nevermind. I found it. Of course it was on the next page that I saw after making that last post.
    Guys.. this is an OUTDATED rule. Check your guilds page and re-read the rules. A few things have changed. Most notably:

1. they no longer mention that killing guardians will earn you "special" reward. This (now) confirms why in the last war, we never got the fusion boost armors for killing/inflicting the most damage on a guardian.... though they never updated the rule in the last war... but I digress. I guess better late than never.

2. There's a special instruction about war rewards redemption period after the guild wars are over. Basically, you have to physically log on and redeem your rewards, and they seem to imply that there's a time limit on when you can redeem your rewards. I think this is a way that GREE tries to prevent inactive players from reaping the benefits of their teammates' hard work.

Fusion boosts are still rewards from Guardians, albeit not all the time.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post

2. There's a special instruction about war rewards redemption period after the guild wars are over. Basically, you have to physically log on and redeem your rewards, and they seem to imply that there's a time limit on when you can redeem your rewards. I think this is a way that GREE tries to prevent inactive players from reaping the benefits of their teammates' hard work.
    If they are doing it as a means of checking if someone is inactive or not then its a pretty lazy and Unfair way to do it. What happens to players who contribute during a good portion of the wars but are unavailable at the end? We have a player, one of our biggest contributors, battle for 2 out of the three days but was unavilable for the third day and several days after the war. He scored the second highest points overall even with this absence. Under the new rule, depending what the time limit is, he may have missed out on the rewards that he duly deserved.

The better way to do it would be to check that a player has a minimum amount of fights, but that would require more coding then simply putting a time limit on the reward redemption - functionality that already exists and can be reused with no effort. If they were serious about only giving rewards for active players then they shoud actually code a system for determining who is active or not rather than implement something that has the potential to penalize active players

Edit: the other alternative explanation is that by making people click to redeem the reward rather then just automatically receiving it, could be their way of trying to combat the missing reward problems (ie people not receiving them). As far as I am aware no one has complained about not receiving their rewards from limited time quests that require them to click the redeem button.

The third option is that there was also a time limit for redemption, it's just that they finally decided to document it.
    Last edited by Sarn; 09-26-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Solo- View Post
    Fusion boosts are still rewards from Guardians, albeit not all the time.
    Thanks Solo. Is there an estimate as to how often the fusion boost reward occurs?

Nope. From the first war, team mates just randomly got them for doing the most damage, I guess. Wasn't every guardian and wasn't immediately after killing it like on iOS blitz war.
    MaJestic Solo
    Guild: Majestic Lv75

Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    I sorta know that hack means to cut away, but used in this context.....
    Thats exactly what i was thinking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    If they are doing it as a means of checking if someone is inactive or not then its a pretty lazy and Unfair way to do it. What happens to players who contribute during a good portion of the wars but are unavailable at the end? We have a player, one of our biggest contributors, battle for 2 out of the three days but was unavilable for the third day and several days after the war. He scored the second highest points overall even with this absence. Under the new rule, depending what the time limit is, he may have missed out on the rewards that he duly deserved.

The better way to do it would be to check that a player has a minimum amount of fights, but that would require more coding then simply putting a time limit on the reward redemption - functionality that already exists and can be reused with no effort. If they were serious about only giving rewards for active players then they shoud actually code a system for determining who is active or not rather than implement something that has the potential to penalize active players

Edit: the other alternative explanation is that by making people click to redeem the reward rather then just automatically receiving it, could be their way of trying to combat the missing reward problems (ie people not receiving them). As far as I am aware no one has complained about not receiving their rewards from limited time quests that require them to click the redeem button.

The third option is that there was also a time limit for redemption, it's just that they finally decided to document it.
    What about just letting the guild master kick inactives at the end of the war so they can't get rewards?
    Crime City: 746 965 434
    Syndicate: 138

Knights and Dragons Guild: Retired
    Recruitment only.

For applications to the Rainbow Coalition pm ilvtfu on line.

**We Support the 11+ Movement**

Quote Originally Posted by ilvtfu View Post
    What about just letting the guild master kick inactives at the end of the war so they can't get rewards?
    Some people really want to limit reward distribution within your own guild. Sheesh.

As it stands, I'm pretty sure even if you try to kick them immediately after, it already knows from the moment wars is over and it does its 2 minutes of "calculation" what guild they were in and what rewards they are entitled to.

So, leaches can still leach. Just have to be proactive, and figure out why they were inactive in the first place. Maybe do a roll call prior to when they lock down the guilds.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 09-27-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by cafedecoy View Post
    I think the major idea here is to keep GREE's servers from having a massive backlog of pending rewards (eventually). It may not seem like much, but figure 1, 2 players times thousands of guilds, times a few wars... better just to have a release valve. It also drives users to press the limited event buttons.
    Bears At Large (iOS) Beartator (recruiting for solid Guild Warriors!) - use LINE