Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Knights and Dragons: Life expectancy, 6 months max.

Let me begin by making the following statement:
    I love Knights and Dragons, I have from the moment I downloaded the game on the App Store, up to today where I am standing as the Most Subscribed YouTube Channel for Knights and Dragons being genuinely worried about the future of the game.

Simply put, I don't want the game to die out but if we face the facts then my only conclusion is that the game will soon perish under it's competitors namely: Clash of Clans, Castle Clash, Summoners War: Sky Arena, Boom Beach, Brave Frontier, Battle Camp and other great future upcoming titles.
    The reason why I'm putting those games out there specifically is because those games currently are simply more fun to play, I would also like to point out that I'm basing this off numerous of factors, not simply my own opinion. I used to be ignorant towards the idea of Knights and Dragons dying out but seeing as I get so many people telling me this I cannot do anything else but acknowledge the facts being put on the table.

I did some investigation towards these games seeing what possibly makes them more fun and I've noticed two very critical things that these games have in common in which they simply already outshine Knights and Dragons.
    - The feeling that the developers respect the players by providing the community with actual content that is fresh and new. (Epic Bosses and Guild wars are NOT to be considered fresh and new by the way)
    - The developers having a team of people or even simply themselves being very interactive towards the community of ideas taking feedback, pitching ideas and more importantly ACTUALLY ADDING THEM IN-GAME.

Knights and Dragons surely has done well up to this point I won't deny this but the players demand more than the same thing over and over.
    I don't know how much longer I want to play the grindfest I've been playing for almost one year.
    I'm sure we're tired of ALWAYS seeing stuff like 5K Gemspending events, New Chests, New Guild Wars, New Raids, New Epic Bosses because that's not new.
    It's pathetic that we end up getting overly excited over a Boss Collection event but again this is nothing new since it's related to something we've seen before which are Epic Bosses and Chests.

Putting that all together I ask myself some question Gree:
    "Have the top players not feed your wallets enough yet?"
    I'm pretty sure the $5M you accumulated in December should of been sufficient to you but what have you given the players back in return? Nothing, oh wait yes you did:
    One change in content that actually got introduced in July, which has been broken until September, Ladies and Gentlemen: The Epic Raid Boss Event and yes indeed it is ONCE AGAIN a grindfest.

Gree and IUGO, you are horrible at giving back to the players, you really are. I absolutely despise your company and the way you keep holding your hand up hoping players will give in. I have deliberately chosen not to spend money on your game any further outside of that $100 Gem Package I've bought in January/February.
    There is one thing I can guarantee to you, a great majority of the people will stop bothering to spend soon.
    It doesn't go without reason that Knights and Dragons went from the #2 Top Grossing game in the App Store to the pathetic #12 position. If anything this SHOULD be worrying you!
    Dropping from #2 to #12 might not seem big but trust me, it is as big as dropping from #12 to #33 like Criminal Legacy did, meaning the game is barely significant towards new players checking out games in the App Store (there are a lot of those!)

All you have to do in order to make the game more appealing to new players and existing players is providing us with new content. It cannot be that hard now can it?
    I'm not saying throw in a new concept, even if it's an existing concept it'd work already but at least give us the feeling you wish to give something back to the community.

I'm not afraid to announce this but if we don't see change I will quit Knights and Dragons before 2015 begins, this might not mean a whole lot for you dear reader, but it definitely means something towards Gree.
    What this means for Gree is that a great deal of advertisement for Knights and Dragons on YouTube will disappear as I hold at least 50% of the traffic on YouTube for Knights and Dragons.
    I'm pretty sure this will demotivate a significant number of people on to continuing playing Knights and Dragons.

Sincerely,

- Reversal

Feel free to discuss, sign for support or simply chit-chat to your liking.

I see K&D die to if they dont update the game with new content, and I hate to see that becausse it's a nice game to play but they focus to much on P2P and give us nothing back for that...

As a new person just beginning this journey, I disagree with the six months assessment. I'll revisit this thread in a year and see if I feel different.

I agree with reversal to a extent...it won't be in six months but this game is definitely dying off. We are in desperate need of something new. Take a look at your own games Gree. How about giving us LTQ events or guild LTQ events. The coding is there. Show us for once you genuinely care about your player base. Which we know you don't.
    Gree what does is say about the current state of your games when Farmville is out grossing your top game?
    Last edited by tnorman78; 10-02-2014 at 07:41 AM.

GoT Urmomslover(recruiter)
    HC Game of Thrones
    LINE Id tnorman78

I have played Clash of Clans, Summoners War: Sky Arena and Brave Frontier.

Clash of clans is not my type
    Summoners high lag
    Brave Frontier had too long load time

Each game had it's own quirks, though I did play them Before KND.

I didn't really like any if those games either. Matter of fact, this is the only cell phone game I've ever liked. Probably why I've played it so long. Not sure what to play when this finally dies...
    Gordo
    Cafe Noir HC

Instead of posting a wall of text, with nothing but problems, offer some solutions. You just end up looking like a negative nancy.

How about this? Come up with a game feature that players would like, but would also spend money on. Make a poll, get feedback from the players on your ideas. Maybe then you'll be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Clementine; 10-02-2014 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Language

Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    Brave Frontier had too long load time
    Each game had it's own quirks, though I did play them Before KND.
    lol... too long load times. seriously though, this game beats this game in every single way.

Quote Originally Posted by WatermelonSeed View Post
    Instead of posting a ****-sandwich wall of text, with nothing but problems, offer some solutions. You just end up looking like a negative nancy.

How about this? Come up with a game feature that players would like, but would also spend money on. Make a poll, get feedback from the players on your ideas. Maybe then you'll be taken seriously.
    oh, we try, again and again, and gree doesn't do anything.i mean i can't say doesnt do anything. but they take a very long time to address small issues. id assume the developers are a small team.

Quote Originally Posted by geo81 View Post
    I didn't really like any if those games either. Matter of fact, this is the only cell phone game I've ever liked. Probably why I've played it so long. Not sure what to play when this finally dies...
    literally any other gree game. they tend to copy paste nearly all aspects of the game.

i hate sounding so negative, but really its the truth.
    Last edited by sxespanky; 10-02-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    Donate to Breast Cancer -
    https://secure.info-komen.org/site/D...on=form1&idb=0

83 cents of every dollar spent by Susan G. Komen supports mission programs and services. - See more at: http://ww5.komen.org/HelpFAQ/HelpFAQ....NqM2zwUy.dpuf

compared to most 1-5 cent programs, this one sounds legit. the other 17 cents goes to help run everything else

Thank you for a well thought out post and thread. I have passed this onto the Developers. We have heard the call for more content from many folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    Thank you for a well thought out post and thread. I have passed this onto the Developers. We have heard the call for more content from many folks.
    See is believe, I'll look forward to it.

The game is not about to die, game preferance is based upon your likes and dislikes, however the game does need new content though
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

Game needs new content and needs to be rebalanced so that non spenders or small spenders can enjoy almost as much as big spenders. Notice I said ALMOST.

I also play summoners war and from what I can tell so far...only been playing two months... You can get powerful by grinding it out the long hard way... It's a lot faster if you spend $$ but not required. However, summoners war lacks a good guild component and that's where knd is pure gold... Not because of the in game interface but because the guild has to band together for wars and events to place well...

Also not every epic or epic boss HAS to be more powerful than the last.... There needs to be a way to add something to armors to make them unique so we can quit sliding farther up and up the power curve.

Just my $0.02

Other Item to speak to developers about..

This game file size is now absolutely huge.
    I have to uninstall and reinstall every time an update is released.
    Many of my guild members must do the same.
    Is there anyway to reduce this size or possibly store some game files on SD card instead of the actual device?
    Thanks

im not a fan of, passing the idea to developers for the reason that - hey devs, they said they want more content.

seeing is believing reversal, i have seen you get screwed by a lot of chests, so i know you have spent a ton of money on this game. i know you have spent your hard earned money in a game that you thought would be better and better as time went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Reversal View Post
    1) - The feeling that the developers respect the players by providing the community with actual content that is fresh and new. (Epic Bosses and Guild wars are NOT to be considered fresh and new by the way)
    2) - The developers having a team of people or even simply themselves being very interactive towards the community of ideas taking feedback, pitching ideas and more importantly adding them to the game.
    3) I don't know how much longer I want to play the grindfest I've been playing for almost one year.
    4) One change in content that actually got introduced in July, which has been broken until September, Ladies and Gentlemen: The Epic Raid Boss Event and yes indeed it is ONCE AGAIN a grindfest.
    5) #2 Top Grossing game in the App Store to the pathetic #12 position.
    1) – they have been running the same routine for the past 2 years, minus the updated arena, minor updated wars, and raid. They had a few epic boss creation events, but really they just wanted you to do the same thing you’ve ben doing week to week regardless. They held one event where you have to make armors, which wasn’t too bad.
    2) That’s why I LOVE brave frontier, they are so great with this stuff. They have a handful of people fixing problems on twitter and Facebook, in real time. They have social media that actually is on top of everything. When they have ranked events, they have another team check for cheating.
    3) I don’t log on to often, I use to say. I’m staying for the guild, but since I started using line chat, I no longer even need to log into the game to talk to my friends
    4) I’m sorry, it’s been broken since it came out, look at any post about Raids, everyone hits level ones like a piņata full of candy. I guess a recent update may have changed that? We will see what happens. I still hate the fact that your still just sitting there waiting to hit special. Which they may have added a button to automate that as well?
    5) Its 21 for Android. Do you want to know why brave frontier and clash of clans has better rank? Because you can do something in it.. there is a sence of game play. The one problem ive always had with this game was lack of game play. You have ONE button to press…. Special. And you save it to last hit an enemy, or help take advantage in arena (which is a joke, no other company makes you go second to purposefully make you lose)

I like this game because it was my first obsession on android, and its hard to let go. But the past year, its slowly slipped away. Now I obsess over BF. KaD needs a face lift, and a huge one. We all have said what we want in this game, and it all boils to one concept – fun. Make it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegal View Post
    Also not every epic or epic boss HAS to be more powerful than the last.... There needs to be a way to add something to armors to make them unique so we can quit sliding farther up and up the power curve.
    Just my $0.02
    many games have tons of units with quarks, BF has over 400 units, and what makes them different is special attacks do different things for your team. if anyone has played world of warcraft, the pet battle have more skill to play than Ka,D its also nice because each unit has specials, stuff that makes each one unique. you can also switch the untis mid battle (its really a pokemon system with only 3 units). the attack mechanics need an overhaul.
    Last edited by sxespanky; 10-02-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    Donate to Breast Cancer -
    https://secure.info-komen.org/site/D...on=form1&idb=0

83 cents of every dollar spent by Susan G. Komen supports mission programs and services. - See more at: http://ww5.komen.org/HelpFAQ/HelpFAQ....NqM2zwUy.dpuf

compared to most 1-5 cent programs, this one sounds legit. the other 17 cents goes to help run everything else

Knights and Dragons + Streets of Rage + classic RPG mechanism to upgrade skills = Knights and Dragons 2

Can you guys do something like this for PVE? Mix it up a little bit?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/646521
    Last edited by Sol Invictus; 10-02-2014 at 11:52 PM.