GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Raids

Post Count
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Just for some clarification:

When you raid another player, it is your player Attack versus the other player's Building defense. This is not Player A's Attack Versus Players B's defense.

As always, we are always welcome to feedback and looking for more ways to make this more obvious to the player, maintain balance, and create better gaming experience. Thank you all for your input here and it has been noted by the development team.
    This is a change, before it was based off the players def. Anywho wanna post all the building def stats for money buildings? And since we all have billions of ATTACK how do yall plan to make it so we can fend of raids?
    TKM - OFFICER

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by warraw View Post
    Ohh it's about building defence now huh?

So you're saying if someone with 1 billion def stats has 0 defense buildings, a player with 100k attack will beat him?

LOL

Go on digging a deeper grave GREE.
    It isn't based off the def buildings a player has it is off the def the building it self has. Every money building has built in def stats. This pretains to just raids. So no in your case player B with 100k stats couldn't beat player A with zero def buildings on a "ATTACK".
    TKM - OFFICER

Post Count
    Just for some clarification:

When you raid another player, it is your player Attack versus the other player's Building defense. This is not Player A's Attack Versus Players B's defense.

As always, we are always welcome to feedback and looking for more ways to make this more obvious to the player, maintain balance, and create better gaming experience. Thank you all for your input here and it has been noted by the development team.
    What's "Building Defense"? Buildings have no defense stat, and specific defense buildings are designed to add extra defense to the player's defense stat only to the buildings in their perimeter, but they are so outdated that the best non-gold one adds 75 defense points. As you should know, the reward for the last FLTQ masters event was a unit with attack over 6,000,000, so those are exactly useless.

Also, when you raid someone's building (attack a building), the "Raid Results" screen shows the player's defense stat and all his/her defense units. Nothing anywhere in the game suggests that buildings have inherent defense stat values.

Modern War is not like other games where buildings have their own hit point values. The player's defense stat defends every building on his/her base with the math being something like if your attack stat is at least 1/3 - 1/2 of the defender's defense stat, the raid has x% chance of being successful, with the % being closer to 100% the closer your atk stat is to their defense stat. And with the higher stats we see these days, that % is marginalized to ineffectiveness.
    Last edited by Kefa; 10-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Post Count
    Well said Kefa! Can you add pictures so the halfwits running the game can get the basics. 😂
    Basically any gold you have purchased was a total waste!
    Last edited by Gringo; 10-14-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    Gree at its finest. Answering questions with no answer at all. No wonder you call yourself tadahhh. "Look over here at my deception, not over there at reality".

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    In theory, this is the beginning of the end. The game has now run its course and is being buried into the ground.

IPH is no longer important. The only point to build IPH is to have money to buy units with stats that are now worthless. Stats help you compete in WD to earn units and bonuses that are now worthless. You can also buy FL units with your IPH, which enables you to compete in FL to earn units/bonuses with stats that are now worthless. You can now afford to fight all those epic bosses to earn great prizes...which are now worthless as well. The moment has come where stats have no meaning, which means the game is over. There is no such thing as a building defense that can repel the crazy stats that are now considered normal.

Truth be told, I think I'm actually happy this happened. It has ruined the game to the point that only free players will continue to play. Once that happens, the plug will be pulled forever. It makes it that much easier for the masses to finally get off this addictive drug of a game. From this point forward, every building of mine that is raided will not be repaired. I will collect only what can be collected with the "collect all" button. At least that way I'm not giving away all my hard work to those that didn't bother to earn or pay for it. End rant.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thought I would log in and see if Gree had responded yet to the death of the game. I see they missed it. Kind of a pity our faction was starting to actually play organized to bad there's no place to go and nothing to do anymore.

Verbose Veteran Captain Steelman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    What's "Building Defense"? Buildings have no defense stat, and specific defense buildings are designed to add extra defense to the player's defense stat only to the buildings in their perimeter, but they are so outdated that the best non-gold one adds 75 defense points. As you should know, the reward for the last FLTQ masters event was a unit with attack over 6,000,000, so those are exactly useless.

Also, when you raid someone's building (attack a building), the "Raid Results" screen shows the player's defense stat and all his/her defense units. Nothing anywhere in the game suggests that buildings have inherent defense stat values.

Modern War is not like other games where buildings have their own hit point values. The player's defense stat defends every building on his/her base with the math being something like if your attack stat is at least 1/3 - 1/2 of the defender's defense stat, the raid has x% chance of being successful, with the % being closer to 100% the closer your atk stat is to their defense stat. And with the higher stats we see these days, that % is marginalized to ineffectiveness.
    Post so good it needed to be bumped so Tadaaah dont miss it....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    How can Gree say nothing has changed when SO many are complaining about it!!! We want answers Gree!! We pay real money for this game, so as consumers please detail exactly how this new issue is occurring! Not your standard cookie cutter answer you have sent to me three times but a real answer, hell,go balls out and create a new thread!!! Just answer us PLEASE!!!!!!!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Because we have never known how the mechanics of the game work, Gree can change then at any time with no notice and no information. I still think it's asking us to swallow a pretty huge pill to pretend nothing was changed.

It was fun being able to raid some huge cash until I realized it had no value in game anyway. Had some fun times over the years in this game. I guess it's called suicide when a game implodes like this.

R.I.P. Modern war.

Post Count
    Who has gotten money back so far?

I know I have. I hope everyone else does the same.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by warraw View Post
    The community is right. You're a blinkin idiot.
    The community is misinformed as usual..

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post

Actually, every building has its own defense stat. Remember when I first started and I was posting the Limited Time Building and posted one with the upgrades along the Defense stat? Everyone was asking "Is this a defense building?" even though it wasn't. Yea, it's that stat.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ocorp-Research

This is the thread. People were asking about the defense. This is the defense referred to in Raiding. When you raid a building it goes against the Building's defense. When you attack a player in PvP or other such events such as World Domination, that is when you are facing the Player's stat.

With that being said, we can understand the confusion as per the statement in your middle paragraph. We'll discuss ways to make this more clear.

Does this help clarify some of this confusion?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Actually, every building has its own defense stat. Remember when I first started and I was posting the Limited Time Building and posted one with the upgrades along the Defense stat? Everyone was asking "Is this a defense building?" even though it wasn't. Yea, it's that stat.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ocorp-Research

This is the thread. People were asking about the defense. This is the defense referred to in Raiding. When you raid a building it goes against the Building's defense. When you attack a player in PvP or other such events such as World Domination, that is when you are facing the Player's stat.

With that being said, we can understand the confusion as per the statement in your middle paragraph. We'll discuss ways to make this more clear.

Does this help clarify some of this confusion?
    Could you make it more obvious how much defense buildings have, then? In raids at least.
    ayy

Post Count
    Less than a month ago your defense is what mattered in raids. So the game has changed. In theory, a level 10 player could raid a level 300 players building defense stats are nothing.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652