Ridiculous Raids - Page 10

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Raids

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Right I have been playing the game before there was factions. That whole time until a month or two ago I never even chanced raiding a player with defense 150% of my attack. I always won on every raid because you can tell if you would win solely on defense stats. Not some imaginary in the air defense boost like the new claim is from gree. The game is going down hill fast your going to lose all of your long term loyal players because of this disaster you claim has always been around. I'm pretty sure If that was the case it would of been mentioned a long time ago. Now listen I don't work for gree or have a master's degree of any kind but I may have a solution to this whole problem. Base it on players defense stats and building defense on your base. God was that hard or what.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Indeed, General Luke, this is what we are trying to accomplish, some transparency. Apologies, that this has not been explained better in the past, but this indeed how this function works.

We can understand where this confusion is coming from as the building's defense is not listed as opposed to the player's defense. We are now discussing changing this in the future to help clear up any confusion on this matter. Again apologies for the confusion.
    Thanks for trying...I still think it is not the explanation at issue. Based on your explanation above, I believe something has changed with the "scale" and how units are applied to defend buildings. Building defense has always been insignificant compared to army defense. It the "scale" changed, that would explain the changes we are seeing in the game.

Post Count
    First... Just building defense for raids.... Then "these types of units" factor in but only on a scale.

What's next?

McGurt Assisted Living
    I just sh!t my pants. PM for details.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No pointing fingers; apologies if you feel that way. The confusion is caused on our end, but the feature is functioning as it has been programmed.

Spoken like a true politician. Where should I send my contribution?

Post Count
    Tadaaah, please do yourself a favor and stop telling us, nothing changed as it is not truth and makes you just implausible.

I respect your efforts to enlighten us and explain the new way to deal with defense.

I guess you know the defense of bunkers, rail guns and even those gold defense buildings. How can they protect us if almost every single unit you get in the events is better?

And even your mentioned ltb: defense raises as of 45 from 500.00 to 500.045. What's the sense in upgrading it to get 45 more defense? Last lte beginner gave us a unit with about 300k. So how can I as a gamer playing for three years now protect me against newbies? I'd really like to know cause I am getting mad of being raided by such weak players.
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Main Game
    War of Nations
    Post Count
    Please people, be grateful that you actually get replies to your problems from time to time....

Post Count
    (Reminds me to CJ. Now and then I really wonder if the devs are monitoring the forum and it's kind of a game or way of making fun, change something without telling anyone and even to give mods wrong Infos intentionally)

Don't worry. Just a display glitch. Everything is working fine server side
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Lurker
    Post Count
    Are you seriously trying to tell me my 2.8 billion defense I've payed for with real money does absolutely nothing to defend against being raided ? Yes I know buildings have a defensive value to them , they always have I get that but I call B.S on all of this nonsense . So your telling us that our defensive stats are only put to use when someone is trying to steal 3.6 million if we are over vault ? Lol . What a load of crap this game has become !

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's total bs that this is new and the "way it has always been". I have played this game for over three years and always been a strong player for my level. I would rarely ever see a successful raid on me...and now I see them every hour. There is an entire section in our profiles for "failed raids". Why would they be so high if we could have always raided anyone at any time? If the gross stat inflation has caused this, then the programmed building defenses should be adjusted to maintain economies of scale. You can't change one thing and not change all the other things that are impacted by the one change. It's just bad business.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This isn't a change; this is still the original design.
    So if nothing changed then how come taking out a composite factory increases the chances of a raid... Granted we don't have to anymore, but thats how we used to do it when Def stats were much bigger than attack
    There are two type of MW players... Those who complain about stat inflation and those that complain stats are too low

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Actually, every building has its own defense stat. Remember when I first started and I was posting the Limited Time Building and posted one with the upgrades along the Defense stat? Everyone was asking "Is this a defense building?" even though it wasn't. Yea, it's that stat.

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...ocorp-Research

This is the thread. People were asking about the defense. This is the defense referred to in Raiding. When you raid a building it goes against the Building's defense. When you attack a player in PvP or other such events such as World Domination, that is when you are facing the Player's stat.

With that being said, we can understand the confusion as per the statement in your middle paragraph. We'll discuss ways to make this more clear.

Does this help clarify some of this confusion?

So why the hell just not too long ago was I not able to raid players who where slightly stronger than me? And why was it that, not too long ago, players with less attack than my defense could not raid me? We have been playing this game like this for so long and now you Gree say something different when a lot of us players notice a BIG difference in gameplay? Hell even the weak free players notice the change and they are bragging and are happy about it.

For Gree to say nothing has changed despite all this, BS Gree you are full of it in this situation unless majority of players have amnesia or something. You guys are right, the best way to address this is to quit playing or only play leisurely and don't give these fools any more money. a lot of other games out there not to mention consoles where we don't have to wait for timers to play . . .

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Durt McGurt View Post
    First... Just building defense for raids.... Then "these types of units" factor in but only on a scale.

What's next?
    Ya on the support ticket response Gree told me this was happening because of skill points -- "some players have a lot of attack skill relative to your def skills, etc . . . " It was a skill point issue on my support ticket. Then I told them how much def skill I have and they went silent (crickets). No mention at all of it being based on building defense which is new to everyone but Gree and Tadaah.

Now on the forums, Gree says its based on building defense and has always been this way. Whatever is convenient I guess huh?

Tamalana Gree

Post Count
    this time last month my mini with 200mill att could not beat someone with 2.6 billion defense, but thanks to the changes that are apparent to players only i can now do that 100% of the time without losing any of my $ units
    Have you loved your llama today?

Post Count
    Wow a lot to read and no one has pointed out the basics.

When you attacka building there is a pop up screen. Always has been. This pop up screen has information about your win/loss. The information on the opponent lets you know what their defense is, how many units used and the top 45 units used.

Wait let me recheck that. I must have missed the building defense that has always been how the software actually works. Must be hidden somewhere in there. Brb

No building defense this time either. Odd, as we are informed this is how it has always worked. I see player name, level, allies, defense, units used and if I scroll the top 45 units. BUT nothing about building defense.

hmm, it seems this programming that is working fine, like it always has been does not align with the programming shown to the players from day one. Ironically, the programming that players have seen since day one is how the software has behaved until recently according to the players that play the game.

Who's kidding who?

My Dad had a phrase, "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No pointing fingers; apologies if you feel that way. The confusion is caused on our end, but the feature is functioning as it has been programmed.
    Explain to me then why taking out someone's composite building would enable a person to successfully raid other buildings then. If it's the buildings defense that determined a raid, a totally different building should have absolutely NO bearing on a raid.

Just admit it. You have no idea what's going on... Other than looming bankruptcy.