DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Raids

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And I thought getting 18-19k BP was good <drools>

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Ok Gree it's clear that you consider things are working as planned whilst all your customers believe something has changed with the majority expressing their opinion that it is for the worse.

Putting aside this difference of views and the fact that those who play day in and out know best as to how things actually work, rather than the way developers intend just consider the effect of the situation as it stands.

There is no incentive to increase Attack as there is no shortage of players to raid/attack and since defence is actually no defence this is not going to change. There is no incentive to increase defence as it is impossible to increase it enough to reduce significantly the number of guys who can raid.

Since there is nothing to be gained from increasing stats (actually one could argue it is detrimental as it negatively impacts WD points and total faction stats, which possibly affects WD matching) what is the incentive to spend real $ to increase stats?

If there is no incentive to increasing stats then spending on the game will reduce and Gree profits will fall.

This is what really amazes me, we are used (but don't accept) to being treated as cash cows rather than valued customers but why are you intent on killing the cash cow?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Tadaaah! I hate to question your position, but what exactly is your working relationship with the developers? Are you constantly in contact with these people in an office environment? Probably not! So it seems you believe everything they tell you over email, send me your email address, I've got one billion Ugandan dollars I need to transfer out of the country, send me your bank details and we can split it!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I would love to read what Jerl has to say. Isn't he the one who has to fix everything around here? Jerl, please enlighten us, we all as players know that there is some super funkin stuff going on here exept for the mods.

He pops in here once in a while when the **** hits the fan. Now would be a great time but, it is a weekend.
    Last edited by Ajk; 10-18-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Nemo me impune Lacessit

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I suppose the constant game freezing is part of the original programming as well. How annoying is this when trying to farm folders.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    After exhaustive review, we’ve determined that the base raiding systems are working as designed. The recent introduction of Mission Plan temporary bonuses have given more players the opportunity to earn temporary attack bonuses that provide sufficient strength to raid the buildings of more powerful opponents.
    Is there one single customer/player who has one single ounce of confidence left in our current Mod? It's time to go, right? Utter incompetence. He is CJ45 all over again. Not the tiniest clue about the game he is paid to support, nor an ounce of common sense. I'm ready to quit as leader and tell all my 60 guild to do the same. Give us a new Mod or iTunes gives us all our money back since the beginning. My DL quit, is selling acct, AND iTunes is giving ALL his money back - $15,000. Former ST6 member. My DL filed for Fraud with iTunes, and they agreed last week to give everything back. Once he sells his acct, he will have made money.

Whoever runs polls, put it up. Who demands a new Mod? All of us, right? Someone capable of "exhaustive, ha ha, research" that results in correct answers. Someone capable of listening to what every single customer has told them, without ignoring all of us and insulting our intelligence. Bye. Next.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Tadaaah, can we get an update now that the weekend is over and everyone at Gree is back to work?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Yes,let's have a straight answer!!
    We all know it's changed the Questions are:
    Are you going to admit this?
    What are you going to do to solve this issue?
    Then the Players who have voiced their concerns can decide where to go from there!
    Personally I will not buy ONE MORE GOLD BAR unless it's fixed but that's just my decision.
    Hobbsie

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Personally I will not buy ONE MORE GOLD BAR unless it's fixed but that's just my decision.
    Good choice. Put in my 125k WD gold-free. Hope I hurt gree just a little. Want my money? Give us customer service.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by J1mcrane View Post
    Tadaaah! I hate to question your position, but what exactly is your working relationship with the developers? Are you constantly in contact with these people in an office environment? Probably not! So it seems you believe everything they tell you over email, send me your email address, I've got one billion Ugandan dollars I need to transfer out of the country, send me your bank details and we can split it!
    We're in the same office. I walk over and talk to them daily; typically fighting for y'all. We'll work on getting Jerle's answers for everyone.

EDIT: Recap of what I've posted in this thread:
    -Player Defense is not used in calculating the Building Raid outcome; Building Defense is used.
    -We are aware that this can be confusing, as you, the players, cannot see what your Building Defense is.
    -After further review, the recent introduction of Mission Plan temporary bonuses have given more players the opportunity to earn temporary attack bonuses that provide sufficient strength to raid the buildings of more powerful opponents.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thank you Tadaaah,
    There is clearly an issue and hopefully it can be restored to how it Should and Did work previously.
    Hobbsie

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    So you're saying the issue is peoples' attack becoming higher than building defense due to temporary boosts? Then why did it take 500 attack to raid some buildings 2 years ago and now it takes 500,000,000? I'm pretty sure the building defense boosts aren't enough to explain it.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    Thank you Tadaaah,
    There is clearly an issue and hopefully it can be restored to how it Should and Did work previously.
    It's going to 18 days and counting. I'm not holding my breath that it will revert back.

My best guess is that either adding temp boosts triggered the issue and they can't fix it, or they wanted a new way to suck new players in, or they're experimenting to see if people will continue spend money on stats that provide no competitive advantage.

It has to be one of those three.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Player Defense is not used in calculating the Building Raid outcome; Building Defense is used.
    So, since building defense has not gone up, all of our buildings are open for business no matter what our alliance defense is?

That's just not right

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    UPDATE:

We have asked for some additional eyes to look into this topic.

1. Let us recant. While Building Defense is being calculated into the equation, it is not playing a big of a part in the outcome as originally thought. For this we offer you our sincerest apologies, we will be working on tightening information flow more closely over the next few weeks.

2. It appears that some of the discrepancies may be caused from the introduced bonuses. We are going to make some changes to this implementation. This attempt may not solve all topics on this matter, but this should improve the current situation.

Again, let us apologize for the confusion on this matter. We hope this helps clear up any remaining questions.