GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Raids

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    UPDATE:

We have asked for some additional eyes to look into this topic.

1. Let us recant. While Building Defense is being calculated into the equation, it is not playing a big of a part in the outcome as originally thought. For this we offer you our sincerest apologies, we will be working on tightening information flow more closely over the next few weeks.

2. It appears that some of the discrepancies may be caused from the introduced bonuses. We are going to make some changes to this implementation. This attempt may not solve all topics on this matter, but this should improve the current situation.

Again, let us apologize for the confusion on this matter. We hope this helps clear up any remaining questions.
    Thank you Tadaaah! Now that is the most sensible thing that has been said on this matter, thanks for holding your hands up! I hope the developers can resolve the issue VERY soon.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Tadaaah, all we ask is one thing: That put it back to the way things were. Where you could only get raided by someone whose attack was at least 80% of your defense. That will make everyone happy, and will make Gree more money.

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    Tadaaah came by this morning with the issue and we worked through what might be happening - engineering is making some changes and you should notice some changes to the raids soonish.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Lol. You guys think 800m is a lot. I'm 1.5B attack or was during war and I raided some Misto player with 4.8Bil defense. I hit a defense building. I didn't hit any boost buildings and didn't lose once. I only lost growlers. Lol. But yeah was weird. Before that I only thought I could raid people with 3.8B defense cause I was raiding SUPW RAGING BULL.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Much respect Tadaah, and thank you Jerle.

This is a huge issue, and you guys are hitting it head on.

Thank you again!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Post Count
    Lol. Tadaah, the only ones confused by this matter was you and the rest of Gree.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Splat! View Post
    ... Not the tiniest clue about the game he is paid to support...
    Not that I don't understand your frustration - because, honestly, I completely do understand the frustration and downright irritation with the lack of customer support. It truly needs to be resolved if they have any desire to retain long term customers.

However...

In Tadaaah's defense, she is in no way paid to "support the game" in any way, actually, and anything she does between us and the game's tech / development department is entirely a bonus on her part - not in her job description, I'm quite certain.. Tadaaah is a forum moderator, tasked to moderate the forum to keep posts in here complying with the forum guidelines and TOS. That's it. Completely different job. She is not a liaison tasked to appease us when we are mad at the company, even though I agree it would be very beneficial for her to be familiar enough with the game to know what we're talking about in our rants. But to do her job as a forum moderator, she really doesn't need to know anything about the game at all, or the devs.
    Last edited by Kefa; 10-20-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Not that I don't understand your frustration - because, honestly, I completely do understand the frustration and downright irritation with the lack of customer support. It truly needs to be resolved if they have any desire to retain long term customers.

However...

In Tadaaah's defense, she is in no way paid to "support the game" in any way, actually, and anything she does between us and the game's tech / development department is entirely a bonus on her part - not in her job description, I'm quite certain.. Tadaaah is a forum moderator, tasked to moderate the forum to keep posts in here complying with the forum guidelines and TOS. That's it. Completely different job. She is not a liaison tasked to appease us when we are mad at the company, even though I agree it would be very beneficial for her to be familiar enough with the game to know what we're talking about in our rants. But to do her job as a forum moderator, she really doesn't need to know anything about the game at all, or the devs.
    Thank you for trying to help in the efforts. You are correct; I should know more about the games all of them. That learning is still in process and no matter how much I learn, I won't be able to catch up with many of you that have been playing the game for years. That said, my job is actually much more than Forum Moderator. I am here to support the game, whether that be directly or not. While, yes, we do moderate the forums, we as Community Managers are also tasked with other duties. Some of these items include, but are not limited to, interacting with you here in the forums and other outlets outside of the game; acting as a liaison between the players and the game development teams (we report your feedback and offer suggestions as well as be the voice for the company); plan incentives for you outside of the game (such as PAM, player spotlight features, contests, events); among many other tasks.

More so back on the topic at hand: I, personally, will work harder for y'all to understand the finer mechanics within the game as you, the players, will always be our experts. Without you, we don't have a game. You are the heart and soul of what keeps all of us going. We will work harder to make sure that we have more complete information before answering such dire questions. Please understand that can take some time. If you don't receive an answer immediately that doesn't mean we're ignoring you, but simply trying to gather you a more complete answer. In no way will inappropriate language make this process go faster. Thank you all for your input on this topic.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    Tadaaah came by this morning with the issue and we worked through what might be happening - engineering is making some changes and you should notice some changes to the raids soonish.
    Another thing that would greatly help this is implementing alliance defense. The players have been asking for this for a while because of the huge difference between attack and defense. If players had higher defense, they wouldn't be as vulnerable to attacks from players who have no business attacking/raiding them.

Post Count
    My only comment now would be, even IF nothing had changed but that it is because big stat increases have out paced the game mechanics and temp boosts have also contributed to the raid issue, then I would suggest the need to change, tweet, & adjust the raid mechanics.

The developers need to take a hard look at the game and come to a new conclusion as to what attack vs defense ratio would be REASONABLE in a game such as this. They need to look at and understand what work people put into their defense (most often using gold, ie "you source of funding") and realize that to be a game of strategy and not just a free for all, there has to be a benefit for someone to continue working their defensive stats. That we need to be able to defend against low stat raids and loose to only other peers who have equally built their attack to within a smaller ratio of our defense than currently being factored.

And I am not saying make raiding impossible, but make it a challenge again. A game is supposed to be challenging, making each defender work to protect their assists while each attacker works to build their attack to raid us. Right now NOBODY can protect any assets and ANYBODY can raid even the top players. That is certainly NOT the challenge we want in a game.

Heck, even these past few WD have been free of any challenge. I no longer look at any player stats when battling other factions. As a top 10 team, no matter who we match, I just randomly hit players up and down the list. At level 170 I am hitting all players from level 300 down and in the last two WD have not lost ONE SINGLE ATTACK!! Out of several hundred RANDOM attacks I just win, win, win. That is not a challenge. And although I first thought it was great, I now find it boring. I was actually LOOKING for a loss this time, just to make me mad like the "old days", lol.

In summary, I can raid and attack all day nearly randomly with no losses, get raided all day by people way way lower in stats, can't protect myself no matter how I work on my defense, have lost interest in gaining more stats due to their lack of meaning, and get bored with most events and WD again because what good are the units we get? And I have lost the excitement of trying to out wit and out play my opponents by using strategy, because no strategy exists that does any good. Thus, I now use much much less gold and continue to loose interest all together.

I enjoyed this game before and really want to again. I love the comradery of faction members and the players throughout, and the fun it used to be plotting and planning, please bring that back to this game!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    In the future, I would suggest that when the entire community notices the same thing, instead of blowing us off and saying "it's working as intended", perhaps next time more in depth questions will be asked. Those of us that have been playing the game since it came out are pretty familiar with how the game operates. We don't have to know the back end code to know when the game is *not* operating as intended.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks View Post
    In the future, I would suggest that when the entire community notices the same thing, instead of blowing us off and saying "it's working as intended", perhaps next time more in depth questions will be asked. Those of us that have been playing the game since it came out are pretty familiar with how the game operates. We don't have to know the back end code to know when the game is *not* operating as intended.
    This is the most stunning part of this whole ordeal. To blow off the entire community?! We're giving you free debugging services and you... Refuse to believe that there might be something wrong? Mind boggling!

Post Count
    Seems to be back to previous normal now. Or at least not what it was this morning.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Thank you for trying to help in the efforts. You are correct; I should know more about the games all of them. That learning is still in process and no matter how much I learn, I won't be able to catch up with many of you that have been playing the game for years. That said, my job is actually much more than Forum Moderator. I am here to support the game, whether that be directly or not. While, yes, we do moderate the forums, we as Community Managers are also tasked with other duties. Some of these items include, but are not limited to, interacting with you here in the forums and other outlets outside of the game; acting as a liaison between the players and the game development teams (we report your feedback and offer suggestions as well as be the voice for the company); plan incentives for you outside of the game (such as PAM, player spotlight features, contests, events); among many other tasks.

More so back on the topic at hand: I, personally, will work harder for y'all to understand the finer mechanics within the game as you, the players, will always be our experts. Without you, we don't have a game. You are the heart and soul of what keeps all of us going. We will work harder to make sure that we have more complete information before answering such dire questions. Please understand that can take some time. If you don't receive an answer immediately that doesn't mean we're ignoring you, but simply trying to gather you a more complete answer. In no way will inappropriate language make this process go faster. Thank you all for your input on this topic.
    Agree 100% get on and start playing 4 hours a day get to know the product it's fun when you get the hang of it
    Have you loved your llama today?

Verbose Veteran Captain Steelman's Avatar
    Post Count
    Getting better.... A dude with 2.7bil attack vs my 3.0bil defence failed 4 times during his visit at my base.....

Edit... LoL, just noticed he had to take out my composit and still he failed 2 times more after that.... My defence is 3.68 bil with composit.....
    Last edited by Captain Steelman; 10-20-2014 at 11:51 PM.