Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

This week's boss event

I just finished the Beast of Hamgyong boss event with no money spent. That is, I've progressed through all the awards. I found it helpful to repeatedly send a maxed Sagittarius followed by a maxed Sejanus in the midst of an ocean of rocket launchers with choppers swarming overhead.

Reinforcements for Boss Battles were kinda cool and I wish they were available again... But preferably with much better units...

Raiyan's defense was my choice on beating boss event, also with no money spent. I just save everything I earn for boss events since pvp is really next to impossible without spending money. I have tried using a variety of UR level 50 units and even with them you cannot go far without replenishing energy at a higher pace than normal. Boss competitions are great for getting those good units which with to build on.

See Gree,

Boss events are most enjoyable because they are completable even by casual players. Then there are those who of us will continue to play and fight for a top spot to earn additional rewards.

Make the Invasion and PvP events like this and I think the player base would be much happier. Happy players will spend money on a game they are enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by HornedOwl View Post
    See Gree,

Boss events are most enjoyable because they are completable even by casual players. Then there are those who of us will continue to play and fight for a top spot to earn additional rewards.

Make the Invasion and PvP events like this and I think the player base would be much happier. Happy players will spend money on a game they are enjoying.
    Yeah boss events can be beaten with skill and strategy and a bit of time devotion Which is opposite of the verse events

They did a data push and now the boss officers (at least for L41) have SR and UR units I've never seen before. Also, good boss event this time Gree.
    Last edited by BaziOne; 10-02-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Pimp update!!
    I love it, the new enemy's, the SR and UR units. What a cool update, I got tired of playing those lame old common and uncommon troops. Way to go MunkyFun.

I agree, I like these boss events, with patience and strategy free to play players can finish the event no issues, I would like to make a thread with the ultimate strategy to beat the bosses and officers, for those that still dont have the best units, maybe we can gather info and create a thread.

Personally I've reached a problem with the boss events. Because I can't beat them on a single morale charge (3-4 attacks) anymore, I can't get anywhere playing on my breaks. I don't have enough time to wait for the recharge and I can't get back in again before the boss resets. Not gonna lose my job for a game.

Adding insult to injury, all of sudden officers got tougher and have new units and I can't beat them as quickly. Basically I was unable to get this far in the past because of my unit mix. Now I have better units but I'm running into a new roadblock with the time I can commit in a session. If you can't do something worthwhile in 15min break, then a game becomes useless to anyone with a real job. IMHO.

This may become another addition to the list of apps I've deleted because their play-time requirements outgrew my available time. I want to enjoy games at home. But still get in a bit of action on a break.

(Yes, I play plenty at home. No I can't play at lunch - I rarely get one. I eat and work. No I can't play to/from work - I drive.)
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 10-03-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Yeah killer, this is one of those times where a decision has to be made, with my relatively low level, If i dont want to wait for the recharge, I would have to use an extra 3 morale to take down the boss. Although I pride myself in knowing I dont have to use any extra boosters, but in convenience of time you gotta do it, in your case, you will have to use up those extra morale boosts to take him out in the short time you have, this is the only event we need to use them in anyway (pvp doesnt count, pvp never counts). at 37, it takes my team and strategy 7 morale to take him out. i can usually use 5 morale, before Mitchel spawns back in.

Why not play distress calls? You can get 5000 points for a lvl 12 boss. There's no shortage of low level bosses. Multiply 5000 points times 4 equals 20,000 points. How many points are you making battleing a lvl 37 boss? How many morale are you spending for those points. Do the math. Hello?

Why am I so much smarter than everyone else?

Of course everything would work if when I opened my high level boss fight up, people actually helped. But they never do. That's the stupid part of the distress calls. When you actually need help, no one does. Instead everyone is battling small fry bosses. I think that's partly because of the way the distress calls are populated. (You can only take advantage of what you are shown.)

Morale rechargers all used up. That's why I'm not using them. I'm currently on an IAP hiatus because I was spending a bit too much. Turned off IAP, not topping up my balance. So nope, not gonna be buying my way out. (Gotta keep things reasonable somehow.)
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 10-04-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodanguts View Post
    Why am I so much smarter than everyone else?
    Bit of advice for you Bloodanguts... you may want to keep in mind that it's easier to share your wisdom with others if you haven't insulted them. People generally tend not to take in even the best advice after being offended.
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 10-04-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKumaClone View Post
    Bit of advice for you Bloodanguts... you may want to keep in mind that it's easier to share your wisdom with others if you haven't insulted them. People generally tend not to take in even the best advice after being offended.
    Yo, get a sense of humor.

More proof that they DID alter the officers units and toughness. I got to Lv31 boss on my own. Just tried to take a distress call for a Lv19 boss. I used the same units and tactics that I used to get to Lv31. And the Lv19 boss' officers just beat the crap out of me. So I'm sorry Tadaah, you're wrong. There has been a HUGE change mid-event.