Freezing Problems with iOS 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Freezing Problems with iOS 8

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Freezing Problems with iOS 8

I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the same problem. Both my iPhone 5 and iPad Air are having this problem where I'll be in the app less than five minutes, and when I press the button to go to an area, it tries to go but doesn't redraw the area I'm in (in other words, if I try to move to another area, I can't) and I can't even pan the map.

And now, I'm trying to play from work on my iPhone and it's frozen like 5 times in a row. This is a different freeze: the app just ceases to function.

Both devices received fresh installs of iOS 8 when it came out on launch day. No other apps are having problems (of course).

And oh, by the way: are iOS players ever going to get multitasking functionality like Android has? I think that gives Android players an unfair advantage because they don't have to go through the splash screen every time they leave the app (even for a second).

- Scott
    TCW Scott

Retired 11/18/14

Main Lv. 250
    Mini Lv. 152

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmac112 View Post
    I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the same problem. Both my iPhone 5 and iPad Air are having this problem where I'll be in the app less than five minutes, and when I press the button to go to an area, it tries to go but doesn't redraw the area I'm in (in other words, if I try to move to another area, I can't) and I can't even pan the map.

And now, I'm trying to play from work on my iPhone and it's frozen like 5 times in a row. This is a different freeze: the app just ceases to function.

Both devices received fresh installs of iOS 8 when it came out on launch day. No other apps are having problems (of course).

And oh, by the way: are iOS players ever going to get multitasking functionality like Android has? I think that gives Android players an unfair advantage because they don't have to go through the splash screen every time they leave the app (even for a second).

- Scott
    Scott same thing happens to me sometimes, I can click on all the buttons, but can not move the screen about the map or my hood. I just close and restart the app and then it works again

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    It's iOS 8 update that's causing problems! My wife put it on her iPad and it has caused nothing but problems! Plz if anybody sees this message, don't download it!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    i agree this new update is a nightmare it makes your device run really slowly and makes alot of apps freeze ,what was they thinking.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcw9811 View Post
    Scott same thing happens to me sometimes, I can click on all the buttons, but can not move the screen about the map or my hood. I just close and restart the app and then it works again
    Same thing for me! Glad Im not the only one.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Apple pulled the ios update, you should probably try to restore to the previous OS. Never run an OS update the day it is released, always wait a bit so they can work out the bugs.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bowning View Post
    Apple pulled the ios update, you should probably try to restore to the previous OS. Never run an OS update the day it is released, always wait a bit so they can work out the bugs.
    They didnt pull 8.0, which was first day. They pulled the one after it.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Freezing problems with IOS8

Yeah I purchased new iPhone w/ios8 already installed and same issue occurred. Whew. Thought I was crazy

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    By the way, Gree, if you even care, this is still going on. I've seen it especially after watching gold videos when going back to wherever I was when I started.
    TCW Scott

Retired 11/18/14

Main Lv. 250
    Mini Lv. 152

Consistent Contributor Pocos_Peros_Locos's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    not sure bout cc freezing but groupme (the new update) has caused some issues for my apple devices on ios 8

Articulate Author Thatkidyouknow's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm on a 6 and no problems here.
    I run my own gaming community. We may not make as much as gree, but our players are a wee bit happier.