View Poll Results: Would you like to see an event calendar that allows you to see upcoming events?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

78 90.70%
  • No thanks!

8 9.30%
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by 100bullets View Post
    No my point is this is a strategy game, strategy events are best events, makes the game fun. Some events rely only on gold and no strategy or some events use involve so little strategy and takes away from how good the game is. Build and ap war are best events period. Those events involve strategy, timing, and some teamwork. All events should be on calendar. You not caring if build event is on calendar shows why your team might not do as well in the game.
    Bp wars don't require strategy and they totally rely on gold....next time ask the winner in your world how many teleports they used/bought. The person who ports (spends) the most wins. The only event that IS about strategy and not coin is holdout, I really like that event it requires teamwork and strategy to do well.

Has Gree responded on Calendar yet? Gree please do so

Read carefully, I did not say you don't have a job. I said not to deny those who wish to have less surprises and more planning.

Also, you say I know nothing about you. You also know nothing about me. I am already in a top alliance and am of the view that everyone will benefit from a schedule. I don't see how this is "handing on a plate" and having surprises as "not being handed on a plate". I guess you wish to have surprises because you are incapable of planning and hence prefer that everyoen build on the fly like you. Too bad you are outvoted by a landslide majority which shows that not many subscribe to your point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Zed View Post
    wow really, a personal attack saying i dont have a job when you know nothing about me.

I guess you are angry because the game is to hard for you and you want everything handed to you on a plate.

You wont get any advantage from it, top building teams will be able to build even more. if you cant beat them now you wont stand a chance when they have a calender to work from.

Thats ok, at least i know who to blame when the same guy wins every single time because he has the most resources and doesnt need to guess anymore, no more getting it wrong for him.

Or when the chat rooms start to die because people dont need to log in and chat about what we all think might be next, they took the week off because know what is next... Build event, same guy always wins (he never guesses wrong anymore) then crates.. boring.. see you in a week

Or when the ltm UV requirements go insanely high because you knew it was coming so now you are expected to build more.

But if thats what you want and you get it, well done.
    A few things I want to point out:

1. Chat rooms won't die. Sure, there may be less discussion about what the next event might be, but there are always people who are on and willing to just chat on WC or taunting others. I've seen 30min conversations involving about 10 people about life in general haha. Not worried about that.

2. The #1 guy won't always get the top reward. I've seen the 50th person on rankings get #1....(W2 mind you-no coin)

3. People WILL log on to check on their account. There's always something to do in the game, whether it is to chat with your alliance, attack people, reinforce your allies, level your commanders, etc.

The only thing I might agree on is there might be a huge increase in LTM UV. But it's Gree's job to balance out the playing field, not ours.

If you are so good at planning what do you need a calender for?
    He needs a calender for CLARIFICATION. By 'planning', he means preparing for the unexpected eg. 24 hr builds every time he logs off and he knows he will log in again at about that time the day after.

That's alright, some would rather go with blind luck than skill and planning. In doing so, he requires that everyone throw their lot with in in this whole lucky dip lottery style way of playing.

I hope you are lucky enough to win at least 8 LTM commanders with blind luck.

Please continue voting and showing the support for an event calender!

We have 23 votes for a yes! Gree, hear us out!

Probably because the top builder guessed wrong, that is the unpredictability that gives everyone a chance, and you want to take that away.

Lol .. that made me laugh.. there is no skill in following a calendar.

I have said a few negative things that could go wrong with this to explain my no vote and I am still waiting for someone to tell me the positive side to it, yes you can plan better but so can everyone else so that’s not an advantage, it could actually turn out to be a disadvantage.
    This calendar is not, I repeat, NOT meant for growing players. This is for the more experienced players that take the events seriously and want to succeed in the LTMs instead of getting bombed by quick events and losing out on the sweet, sweet rewards. For lower level players, it may not be necessary, but for ranked players, it is an absolute MUST if they are to try to succeed.

If there is an overwhelming amount of controversy about displaying a month of events, the calendar could be modified to not show the events all in one month, but to notify you about 3 days notice?

yes
    a calendar

good plan

on 7oct 2014 at 2300 ltm will start,
    you need 5000 for mission 1
    12000 for mission 2
    etc

pls, add this in you personal agenda, so you wont need speed ups, extra oil or iron, gold etc.

pls guys

get real

Positive note for calendar, you use different units for the type of event there will be. Ap event you use certain units more than NPC, NPC you use different than x world, etc. You're building a ton and it would be extremely helpful to know what you building them for. If you can't figure out that you use different unit mixes for the events that's how come a calendar doesn't make since to you. You would not have exact times, but would be helpful to know events for next week so I know what type of units I need.

A calendar evens the field and needs skill and planning rather than just coining

Probably because the top builder guessed wrong, that is the unpredictability that gives everyone a chance, and you want to take that away.

Lol .. that made me laugh.. there is no skill in following a calendar.

I have said a few negative things that could go wrong with this to explain my no vote and I am still waiting for someone to tell me the positive side to it, yes you can plan better but so can everyone else so that’s not an advantage, it could actually turn out to be a disadvantage.
    There is absolutely NO skill at all where its pure guesswork

The ONLY "skill" is where someone knows what event is when and can then plan and calculate how to build for it, that is exactly what skill is

Randomly making builds and crossing your fingers not only is a complete lack of skill in any way shape or form but it favours the players who can buy loads of speed ups and tons of uranium and titanium and completely removes any decent chance of placings from players who cant just throw money at the game

Which related to "skill" how exactly? The skill to coin? The skill involved in clicking on "buy gold"?

Being able to KNOW when events start and pre queue arts which dont need uranium or titanium is the only way that SKILL and PLANNING can allow non coining players to have any chance at all of getting decent placings against the people who can correct for bad guesses with gold

I wonder if the player saying how wonderful NOT knowing when events are is a GREE employee personally because that would be the ONLY person who would be such a fan of not knowing when events are going to occurr

Ok it seems that everyone just thinks the calendar is for build events, I actually think that the build events as an event are poor, they are just a filler, they are enjoyed because they are an easy way to get limited commanders for some.

Now I can see the point in knowing when build events are going to be is attractive, but as others have said, gree may just keep increasing the difficulty, by increasing the unit numbers required. Which would push it further from the average players reach in the game again. I for one would want a guarantee that would not be the result of the build event being listed on a calendar.

So I would be happy if just alliance events were listed in detail, the rest are optional for me.

Almost 30 votes for a yes!

This calendar has reached 30 votes! Wow.

Gree, the demand for this calendar is tremendous. Players from many different worlds have all joined to support this idea! Hear us out, Gree!

bump. make it happen