View Poll Results: Would you like to see an event calendar that allows you to see upcoming events?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please!

78 90.70%
  • No thanks!

8 9.30%
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

If you need to prepare your teammates by telling them the event then you don't have an active team.

Quote Originally Posted by 100bullets View Post
    If you need to prepare your teammates by telling them the event then you don't have an active team.
    Ouch lol.

I presume you are in the #1 alliance in your world?

BTW builds are major events, a calendar would list all events. Holdout, survivor, are actually easier events and no notice is needed for those at all. If holdout is hard you team must not be the top team in your world. If survivor is hard you don't have units. X world is all about how much gold your team wants to spend. All three of these events involve the least amount of strategy in the game out of all the events. If you like a strategy game these three events actually ruin a good game. That means using your brain to out think other players and in build its planning your builds around your schedule in work or sleep so resources aren't wasted.
    Not every alliance in certain worlds are powerful and ranked high, so many alliances/players may need schedules to make sure they do well and give the event their best effort. Most of the people in my world are free to play and don't spend.
    Your points (events are not that important for a calender) only apply to very strong people who don't give a sh*t with their 38's and fancy 100s. They have the power to train so many troops in a short amount of time and 1 day of PW can give them 300-450mill BP. Only they spend gold for XWorld.

No my point is this is a strategy game, strategy events are best events, makes the game fun. Some events rely only on gold and no strategy or some events use involve so little strategy and takes away from how good the game is. Build and ap war are best events period. Those events involve strategy, timing, and some teamwork. All events should be on calendar. You not caring if build event is on calendar shows why your team might not do as well in the game.

Well if you love the surprise, you could always choose not to visit the event calender page and keep the surprises to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Zed View Post
    i voted no , i actually like the surprise of never knowing what is next, if it becomes predictable and routine it might get boring.

No my point is this is a strategy game, strategy events are best events, makes the game fun. Some events rely only on gold and no strategy or some events use involve so little strategy and takes away from how good the game is. Build and ap war are best events period. Those events involve strategy, timing, and some teamwork. All events should be on calendar. You not caring if build event is on calendar shows why your team might not do as well in the game.
    I agree strategy is what make things fun.

Us low gold spenders can compete if we have time to organise. Take holdout as non gold players we could not just teleport in, if we had some warning we could have moved bases the hard way but that takes 24hrs min

When my alliance was stronger if we had to hit back against stronger players we would organise it a few day before, scout round find their bases then build ours 15-20 mins travel time, away from theirs so we could attack on mass this was very effective strategy as even big players struggled to defend all their bases at the same time "aka war strategy" but we need time to pull it off. Hence the need of a little warning for events.
    So I agree the calendar is the way to go.

Take holdout if gree had dropped the strongholds in the map 48hrs early just before the players war we had ( not locations) just a message they had been seen on the map. Then if alliances are smart they will scout and find them so they can setup this then merges with the war as players from different alliances trying to setup come into conflict the war event then has strategy as players are fighting to control the area around the stronghold no need to hunt for players they are in plain sight setting up new outposts.
    Around the strongholds.

Then a build event is run.
    Normal game play continues fights around strongholds as alliances continue to setup.
    Then holdout.

This is only possible with some warning from either a calendar or another method.

So double yes for better event warnings or a calendar.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 09-26-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Thank you all for the support! As of Day 2, we have 15 votes for yes! Tell your friends and family about this poll and help get this event calendar a reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    Thank you all for the support! As of Day 2, we have 15 votes for yes! Tell your friends and family about this poll and help get this event calendar a reality!
    You really think this gonna work, gree wants money, so they want the events to stay a surprise so ️players spend more gold on Speedups, resources and ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa_Freddy View Post
    You really think this gonna work, gree wants money, so they want the events to stay a surprise so ️players spend more gold on Speedups, resources and ports.
    Believe me, I think this could work. Gree really does want to enhance player experience, they just need to listen and communicate with the players. The communication with players hasn't been spot on, so I thought: "If I created a poll to show the support for this idea, mabye a moderator that comes across this thread could relay this idea to the devs, and mabye (just mabye) they could implement it after seeing our support!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pa_Freddy View Post
    Other Gree games have an event Calander Freddy so it's nothing new for them. Those games still make money and so would this one.

I don't think gree actually know themselfs what event is coming hence all the small builds , like rough night last night yeah I ain't programming a cross world just throw a build on again

Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Other Gree games have an event Calander Freddy so it's nothing new for them. Those games still make money and so would this one.
    I am not against the calendar, I voted yes, but i don't think other games have events that you should be prepared before it starts like build events or survival and x-world, so making it a surprise make more money for them.

Exactly, so do what you wish and log in daily. If you wish for it to be unpredictable, then just do not visit the relevant information pages. You retain your own suprrise.

However, do not deny those who wish to have less surprises and more planning because they have jobs in real life. You are afraid that they will do better than you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Zed View Post
    I could also choose not to log in for the next week because i am not interested in the upcoming events. The whole reason i have been logging in daily is to see what event is next. War is unpredictable and not knowing what is next keeps me active as a player.

I've read a lot on this thread and I can tell we have several of the following types

" Come to my world and see how tough you "

Lol just messing about seriously though don't be a hater , we are all on the same side on this forum

Please continue your support for this idea! We have 18 votes now yay!

If there are any moderators/devs out there, please help us make this a reality. You can already see the amount of support that this idea is getting.

(100th post!)