Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Rewards for Winning Campaigns

You think when you win a campaign you have an equal chance of winning each reward, but in reality it is very skewed to you winning the least valuable reward and almost never a truly valuable reward. I have finished Violet Tempest and tried to win the silver key 12X3X Reward and not won the silver key once! Doesn't seem fair. A type of "bait and switch".

Yep, seems that way.

Yes, I've noticed you have to win multiple times (and by multiple I mean that I've had to win the finals battle as many as 20 times before it will land on that last box so you can get the silver key and master the contract. I've even tried the 3x reward and get the same damn unit 3 times over and over and over. I had so many proletarian tanks at one point it was ridiculous (I'm talking like 20 of them!). I complained about it to Gree. It seems to have gotten slightly better since, but I may have just been lucky.

That is only the case for when silver keys are on the line. All the others are fine

Now I've beat it 20 times at 3X reward and still no silver!!!

This goes back to the issue of skewed payouts during the boss battle. I was getting waaaaaaay to much cash.

Just because there are 3 options, it's never implicitly stated that the chances of winning each is 1 in 3. There could indeed be weighting applied to some options.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    <your image>
    What? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean...

(Not to mention it looks like a community manager just brought something religious into the conversation which would be a major faux pas.)

Edit: Thanks for the explanations. You can see the cause for my confusion though - white cross, "pray", "...esus"
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 09-25-2014 at 08:54 PM.

How about finding out?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKumaClone View Post
    What? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean...

(Not to mention it looks like a community manager just brought something religious into the conversation which would be a major faux pas.)
    Before you start jumping up and down, how about you look it up and its meaning.

the silver keys are brutally difficult to get...but have no fear; they are obtainable.

once you know how to defeat the stage; use the 3x (all 30 energy) it will drop...eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    The term rng is random number generator often used to pick random drops. When people grind for rare drop items they must pray for the RNGods favor

Sounds like you are saying "random" but when you get 90 chances for 1/3 and win 0 times that is not truly "random" I believe that would be called "weighted" or something like that.

Thumbs down I Agree

Having to try 20+ times to get the last box is just plain boring and will be the reason I end up quitting the game soon. It's also a waste of time, something that's valuable if you have a life other than a 24/7 Gree game player.

When it comes to keys, super rare, and ultra rare units patience is necessary. While it's frustrating grinding & farming and getting little return players will get the coveted units/keys. I had a streak of garbage units that went almost 3 weeks then got 2 UR units in one day. Like winning a freaking lottery.

It is very aggravating

I literally have to open 20 or so silver keys before I get a useless rare. It sucks but it keeps people playing longer.

When does the double drop special for SR and UR units run? Does it run for a certain event or does it run when Gree feels like enabling it?