Defeating SR and R Hastaus Prime

When I play versus I get to level 4 supply then I usually drop one or two Reaping truths (depending on how quickly the enemy drops) and then follow that with a Eurydice followed by a Sagatarius if an air unit is dropped or I drop another reaping truth if no air unit is dropped. That's usually successful in versus. However, if the enemy drops a hastaus, I'm done for. I try dropping a reaping and Kadri to counter the hastaus but the Kadri is weak and whatever the enemy drops next kills me as I can't recover. The Sagitarius is done after one hastaus shot and doesn't even get a shot off. Any suggestions on what unit/s are most effective against the hastaus?

The units I have are:
    UC level 40 Kadri
    SR level 50 Sagatarius
    SR level Eurydice
    R level 50 reaping truth
    R level 50 reaping truth
    R level 50 exterminator squad
    UC level 40 hydra
    R level 50 pokryshrin
    R level 50 Xanthippus
    Last edited by User271320; 09-24-2014 at 08:40 AM.

How to beat Hastasus snipers

Quote Originally Posted by User271320 View Post
    When I play versus I get to level 4 supply then I usually drop one or two Reaping truths (depending on how quickly the enemy drops) and then follow that with a Eurydice followed by a Sagatarius if an air unit is dropped or I drop another reaping truth if no air unit is dropped. That's usually successful in versus. However, if the enemy drops a hastaus, I'm done for. I try dropping a reaping and Kadri to counter the hastaus but the Kadri is weak and whatever the enemy drops next kills me as I can't recover. The Sagitarius is done after one hastaus shot and doesn't even get a shot off. Any suggestions on what unit/s are most effective against the hastaus?

The units I have are:
    UC level 40 Kadri
    SR level 50 Sagatarius
    SR level Eurydice
    R level 50 reaping truth
    R level 50 reaping truth
    R level 50 exterminator squad
    UC level 40 hydra
    R level 50 pokryshrin
    R level 50 Xanthippus
    You have to try to get a drone like Orontes or revolution's purity. They don't have to be at max levels to take out ALL infantry. They will also fire at air and ground units so have multiple uses. The chemical weapons units like fumigator, achlys, and retributionist are also very effective against snipers but they can do little else effectively, though they will fire at ground units. I always roll with a drone in my army. If you don't have any of the above-mentioned units it's all in the timing. As you say, the anti-air units like Kadri will take them out but you can't go one-on-one with them. You have to distract them with a heavy tank then bring the Kadri in behind. Air units like the drone balyakov's dream (?) or even other lighter units, like your porkryshkin, will also fire on them and the Hastasus snipers can't take down air units. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks, that does help. I had a retributionist but used it a long time ago to "feed" and level up my units, dang! I'll keep playing and hope to snatch one of those units you mentioned from a chest. I'm not doing bad tho, I'm still top 500 but can never seem to do better than ranking 400. Trying to break into that upper echelon!!!

It doesn't have to be a UR or SR drone. It can be any recon unit that is strong against infantry. When I look at your team I see that the bulk defence force is tanks and that's what hastaus is good against

well, thats some sound advice, but recon units have mesh armor now, and railgun fire is weak against them, my trick is to send in some recons, maybe in your case those Hippos, then Kadri and saggi in the back to take them out, since the mesh armor upgrade, hastastus has not been a problem for me, and I dont think I am as strong as you.

When I posted this, I was having trouble with the snipers in chaos monsoon. Since then, I've beaten it. I added an UC selim and that did the trick. Now, I working on beating that odontes in the 2nd mission of sampura. That's a tough one! Any tips on taking out an orodontes are appreciated
    Last edited by User271320; 10-01-2014 at 09:25 PM.

When I posted this, I was having trouble with the snipers in chaos monsoon. Since then, I've beaten it. I adds an UC selim and that did the trick. Now, I working on beating that or odontes in the 2nd mission of sampura. That's a tough one! Any tips on taking out an orodontes are appreciated
    When I posted this, I was having trouble with the snipers in chaos monsoon. Since then, I've beaten it. I adds an UC selim and that did the trick. Now, I working on beating that or odontes in the 2nd mission of sampura. That's a tough one! Any tips on taking out an orodontes are appreciated
    You are going to need a tank that can sustain damage. Such as Testudo, maybe even Scarab or unbreakable will. I believe Janus and it's SR counterpart will take it out and of course the Asaraka I. Hope this helps.

AmadeusINC
    Commanding Officer

Thanks Amadeus. My scarab is only level 30. The rare janissary at level 50 beats it but is so damaged it gets taken out by the next unit. I may just have to keep playing till I can unlock a hard core tank and level it up.

Btw, I leveled up my Sejanus to level 50 and easily rolled through the remaining campaigns that are available. Somapura Slam is no match for:

R level 50 Reaping Truth
    R level 50 Reaping Truth
    SR level 50 Sejanus
    R level 50 Xanthhippus (or R level 50 Hippcampus)
    SR level 50 Eurydice
    SR level 50 Sagitarius

When is Dragon Claw going to open up? I'm itching to smash campaign!!