34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 58.82%
  • No

14 41.18%

Thread: Upgrade Cost - Boost not workin

Post Count

Upgrade Cost - Boost not workin

Several of our faction members say that the Upgrade cost boost is not working at all.

Anyone else having this problem?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Do you know how reducing bonuses work at all? You can't just add all your cost reduction boosts together to get the effective boost. See the following post from me in another thread to see how the cost reduction bonus works. http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1384434

Post Count
    I am very well aware how bonus works. But the upgrade that should cost 6.7b is now 10.2b. Like not having any reduction at all.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb22250 View Post
    I am very well aware how bonus works. But the upgrade that should cost 6.7b is now 10.2b. Like not having any reduction at all.
    Sorry, many many people don't understand how that type of bonus works so they mistakenly think the bonus is broken. The bonus was working fine for me this morning last time I started an upgrade, but that was 7 or 8 hours ago. What building and level are you trying to upgrade to and what is the building upgrade cost bonus showing on your profile?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No it's not working for me.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

Angry

I actually tried and test to see if my so-called upgrade reduction cost is "somewhat" working.

From what I could tell, it is, but not consistently or what i expected. It could be the "Gree Math Effect".

Originally, my reduction cost before the temp boost was -29%. With the -30% upgrade boost, it now shows -58%. Really??? And I am still missing my -15%.

This is what I want to refer to as the "Gree Math Effect".

At least my temporary energy boost is working, I hope.

I cannot wait to see what happens after this WD cycle ends. All those temporary boosts are supposed to be taken away.

Let's see if they take away more that what is supposed to be temporary.
    Last edited by Rolinz; 09-22-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I started with -25% reduction. Got the -15% temp cost. Then it showed -36%.(which is -11% not -15%). After getting the -30%. It showed -55%(which is -19% not -30%). I should have a -70% upgrade cost instead of the -55%. Gree math.

Post Count
    I understand gree math. I went to upgrade for a 690mil upgrade (showed that / boosts working) hit upgrade...spinning wheel and then can not connect with server. closed app tried again later and same upgrade cost me 1b.

I thought it was when they sent another push put for new event it messed it up

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bran1914 View Post
    I started with -25% reduction. Got the -15% temp cost. Then it showed -36%.(which is -11% not -15%). After getting the -30%. It showed -55%(which is -19% not -30%). I should have a -70% upgrade cost instead of the -55%. Gree math.
    Don't add the boosts. U get 25% off! then u get 15% off the remaining 75%. Which is -36% of the original total. Their advertising is misleading in all boosts. They need to put that at least in the FAQs, if not on the actual units

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This is the same for me and it changes daily. Day 1 55%, Day 2 54%, today 55%.

Post Count
    I have no idea. My cost reduction is -51% after gree math. I figures thats half off the upgrade price but the numbers are pretty big. my hidden gem upgrade is about 551m

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    This was already covered, but here u go again. our building cost reduction and building upgrade time reductions and health regents are multiplicative not additive. If they were additive things would eventually be free, so they have to multiply the bonuses together. See below as to how the math works out. But it does work and the bonuses are working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I have a some more clarification regarding the boosts.

2. In regards to how the bonuses work, please read the following explanation:

There are two categories of boost effect, and the two categories have a different formula for how multiple sources of the same bonus are applied. The first category of boosts are the ones that raise a number. An example would be the boost that gives a flat bonus to defense buildings (it raises your defense from buildings). Multiple sources of these boosts are additive. For those faction bonuses, you will see a progression of 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%.

The second category of boosts are those that lower a number. An example of this category would be casualty rate reduction (it lowers the casualty rate). These boosts are multiplicative. Multiplicative bonuses are determined by subtracting the bonus from 1. So a 5% bonus is .95 (1- .05), and multiplicative bonuses are multiplied together. This type of mechanic is common to games in general, usually relating to things that cannot logically go above 100%. A common example would be an evasion mechanic of some sort; you can't evade 150% of anything.

Here's a concrete example directly from one of the Developers:

If a player has two 5% multiplicative bonuses and two 15% multiplicative bonuses of the same type, instead of having a combined 40% bonus, he would have a combined 34% bonus (.95*.95*.85*.85) = .652, which, when subtracted from 1, is .348, or a .34 (34%) bonus. Compare this with two additive bonuses of 5% and two additive bonuses of 15%, which would look like 1 + .05 + .05 + .15 + .15 or 1.4, or a combined 40% total bonus.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb22250 View Post
    I understand gree math. I went to upgrade for a 690mil upgrade (showed that / boosts working) hit upgrade...spinning wheel and then can not connect with server. closed app tried again later and same upgrade cost me 1b.

I thought it was when they sent another push put for new event it messed it up
    Wow, that really sucks! I've never seen that happen at all! I'm pretty sure it was working ok when I started an upgrade last night but I don't always check the amounts super carefully. I'll make sure to pay attention when I start another upgrade tonight. And now your thread has been crapped on by those who don't understand Gree math

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Yes it's definitely not working for me, got -40% upgrade costs and my 10.1 bil upgrade now costs 7.1 bil instead of 6.1!!!

GREE sort this mess out pls

Thanks

Loki
    Join the BEST to be the BEST

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You need to calculate the upgrade cost like this :
    1-(0,75*0,85)= 36,25%
    1-(0,75*0,85*0,7) = 55,375%