GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Empty Hoods

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

Empty Hoods

Forgive me for being a bit of a noob here but when scoping out my rivals, i see a fair amount of hoods that are just barren wastelands. Big sizes too. Why expand and put nothing in it? Whats the reasoning behind having no IPH? Is it a punishment or a strategy or something?

Consistent Contributor Luv4UR Mom's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    People who probably either retired from the game (sold hoods and donated to syn), or just got tired of being robbed.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    This is a problem and contributes nothing to the game economically, its just a waste of data/pixels period. Gree should delete those hoods or remove them from the rival list.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Gree should delete empty hoods after 30 consecutive days of inactivity.

Post Count
    GREE should do a lot of things.
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    and they say iph plays a role in how the rival lists are served. i see barren lands too, rivals with iph as poor as 5 mil at lvl 250. don't see much change except that we're getting rivals with higher attack/defense stats now. definitely an improvement. gj gree

Articulate Author Eddie Eagle Eye's Avatar
    Post Count
    Delete them now gree !!
    Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed!

Post Count
    dont think greedy wud do that, especially after watching those "i'm coming back" threads
    but there should be some inactivity period before the hood is deleted or greedy will get a lot of "restore my game" emails. instead, greedy shud allow ppl to delete their hoods. i mean if anyone is trying to get rid of this addiction, shud be able to delete the stupid game once in for all and be gone. But again, will greedy do that? will greedy allow ppl to get done with the addiction?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    dont think greedy wud do that, especially after watching those "i'm coming back" threads
    but there should be some inactivity period before the hood is deleted or greedy will get a lot of "restore my game" emails. instead, greedy shud allow ppl to delete their hoods. i mean if anyone is trying to get rid of this addiction, shud be able to delete the stupid game once in for all and be gone. But again, will greedy do that? will greedy allow ppl to get done with the addiction?
    install the app Clean Master, it will permanently delete your game.
    Quote Originally Posted by GREE Official Updates View Post
    Attention Crime Lords!

More details to come on how Accomplices will be used to enhance your Mafia. [/I][/I]

Post Count
    Don't agree that they should delete inactives, but they should prevent them from coming up on rival lists.

Also, there are many styles of playing, and one is that people who are sick of getting robbed delete all their buildings and relay on on robbing to get by. So, people who are intent on robbing are complaining about people who have changed their playing style to get by on robbing? Brilliant.

If you are relying on robbing people and are pissed when you see empty hoods, you could always generate your own income, ya know.
    Last edited by Max Power; 09-23-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Post Count
    The easiest and most fair way to deal with this is to match rivals list by iph. Or at least make it a bigger factor in the algorithm.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighteg View Post
    The easiest and most fair way to deal with this is to match rivals list by iph. Or at least make it a bigger factor in the algorithm.
    Totally agree. It feels like they've included it, but in a stupid way, like your rivals list rating is based on a formula like Att + Def + 0.2 * IPH. So high IPH players get matched against higher stat low IPH players. Att and Def should be out of the equation. Make it so you can see + or - 20 levels, and 0.2xIPH through 4xIPH. This created incentive to build IPH, and creates incentive to build stats.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Why do you think building iph is the point of the game? I just never understand why some people think iph is the most important stat.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfreem View Post
    Totally agree. It feels like they've included it, but in a stupid way, like your rivals list rating is based on a formula like Att + Def + 0.2 * IPH. So high IPH players get matched against higher stat low IPH players. Att and Def should be out of the equation. Make it so you can see + or - 20 levels, and 0.2xIPH through 4xIPH. This created incentive to build IPH, and creates incentive to build stats.
    It solves one problem and creates another. There are many old time free players who will never be able to rob again because building IPH is the only thing you can do well in this game for free. So, by basing matchups on income per hour, you have solved your problem of not finding enough people to rob, and in the process, created a category of high IPH players who can find people to rob but can't beat them.

Perfect example of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Lurker
    Post Count

delete

Delete them all