Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by WarZoneFare View Post
    They're just playing hard to get. When a girl is doing that to you, what would you do? Would you just give up and walk away or spend more to win her heart? Lol
    SHE needs to compete for my attention, thousands more out there wanting me. Gree seems to think they are doing us a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanPhalanx View Post
    I agree with you. It must be worth the time and effort.

When the SR and UR prizes were within my reach I even spent some money to make sure I got them, but now they are so far off that there is hardly any point even starting.

What puzzles me is why they are so reluctant to give out the SR and UR units. After all they don't actually cost them anything. They can create thousands of them at the click of a button. Do they not want happy players?
    No, they realize newbies spend, most will not stick around it is never about consumer happiness, it is about profit and shareholders.

If you purchased a squad of elites, would this be any fun? It would simply be a money game, the randomness gives almost everybody chances to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by drgnknt View Post
    No, they realize newbies spend, most will not stick around it is never about consumer happiness, it is about profit and shareholders.
    Consumer happiness = profit for shareholders. They are never mutually exclusive.

SHE needs to compete for my attention, thousands more out there wanting me. Gree seems to think they are doing us a favor.

I think you're getting her attention now. She is offering daily gifts between Dec. 22 and Jan. 1. Let me guess, 5 free silver keys tomorrow for starters. Hey, they might throw in a couple of free morales as our gifts on New Year's Eve as appreciation for our financial support.

Quote Originally Posted by BaziOne View Post
    Consumer happiness = profit for shareholders. They are never mutually exclusive.
    Perhaps Gree will see this and think long term, for short term the consumers eye only need be caught, not satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by WarZoneFare View Post
    I think you're getting her attention now. She is offering daily gifts between Dec. 22 and Jan. 1. Let me guess, 5 free silver keys tomorrow for starters. Hey, they might throw in a couple of free morales as our gifts on New Year's Eve as appreciation for our financial support.
    I would be absolutely ecstatic to just have my Myrmidons back as was. But something is better than nothing, I am checking out some other games anyhow, I will not tolerate having things change after its in my hands.

I would be absolutely ecstatic to just have my Myrmidons back as was. But something is better than nothing, I am checking out some other games anyhow, I will not tolerate having things change after its in my hands.
    Let me know what you find! I'm looking for a game like LOW so let me know if you find it.

I think Gree regrets to offer Myrmidons as rewards for us because apparently it has become one of the most popular and powful units in many people's squads. When people are satisfied with their squads, they stop spending. Gree knows they can't take it back so they decide to degrade it and force people to abandon Myrmidons and buy something else as a replacement. This might happen over and over again since "the battlefield is constantly changing." This is just my theory but we all know it's true.

If you purchased a squad of elites, would this be any fun? It would simply be a money game, the randomness gives almost everybody chances to advance.
    The Keys are not random. They are heavily rigged against us getting anything good. If they were truly random I would have far fewer complaints.

So you think it's not a money game already? It is virtually impossible now to win an SR or UR without spending. And people can buy Gold Keys. All I am saying is that I personally would only start spending again if I knew exactly what I was getting for my money. Their "randomness" is just a smokescreen for getting you to pay for units that are of no value to you.

It's all about money. Gree is a Japanese company that raked in $1.22 Billion in the last fiscal year. That was down significantly from the previous year. Both their revenues and profits continue to slump. In desperation, they recently hired Andrew Sheppard as their Chief Operations Officer to design ways to milk more money out of gamers like us. Gree's new COO Sheppard will be at the Digital Entertainment World Expo at the Hyatt Regency in Los Angeles on February 11th delivering a message at 12:40 titled "Monetizing Games Through Free-To-Play Models." That says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleProphet View Post
    It's all about money. Gree is a Japanese company that raked in $1.22 Billion in the last fiscal year. That was down significantly from the previous year. Both their revenues and profits continue to slump. In desperation, they recently hired Andrew Sheppard as their Chief Operations Officer to design ways to milk more money out of gamers like us. Gree's new COO Sheppard will be at the Digital Entertainment World Expo at the Hyatt Regency in Los Angeles on February 11th delivering a message at 12:40 titled "Monetizing Games Through Free-To-Play Models." That says it all.
    Some good information there. Thanks for that. I don't mind paying if I am getting value for money. Buying a ticket in their rigged lottery is not an attractive proposition.

Yes, it is about money, and the randomness is not very random. There are units I sold or consumed early to build up other units, that never show up again, and I was sure they would. Almost all my best units, I competed for rather than received as a key. Lately my odds or pulling a SR, or a UR have been nil. Perhaps because I complain when their glitches rob me. The money pinch has been getting worse since I started the game in late July.

Ok Gree, back to the topic Some games are becoming waaaaay to redundant, Same boss slight change in difficulty. Nothing else changes, next time we see boss, nothing has changed. Invasion we end up playing the same mission over and over again to get the points. Before long we may not be saying over and over again, it might just be over. What exactly has Gree invested in this game, please lets change things up. Gree are you listening? Please hear this.