This is nuts! Even Gree can't keep up with all the objectives!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: This is nuts! Even Gree can't keep up with all the objectives!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Exclamation This is nuts! Even Gree can't keep up with all the objectives!

I know you guys like to be kept busy, but is anyone else finding the recent avalanche of objectives (and a corresponding lack of in-game explanation) kind of hard to keep up with?

At the moment I have:

Command Center: Bad Juju (Advanced)
    Master Event: Bad Juju
    [Day 2] Prestige: Bad Juju
    Event: Pirate Chest
    Command Center: Pirate's Chest
    [Day 2] Master: Bad Juju
    Island Hopping
    [Day 2] Normal: Bad Juju
    Event: Lethal Obeah
    Event: Bad Juju

all on my individual goals tab.

There are (or were) problems with maps/talismans, people not getting rewards, boosts not working, inaccurate descriptions of prizes. And it isn't going to get any better unless either Gree hire more help to develop and test the events before they go live, or slow down the roll-outs of new events to give themselves a chance to get it right.

Things were getting better, gradually, but I think this event overload is going to end up overwhelming the players AND the Gree team. I'm not Gree-bashing (it's too easy to be fun - sorry), I'm just saying maybe slow down a bit so we all keep up. Pretty please?

Banned
    Post Count
    "I'm just saying maybe slow down a bit so we all keep up. Pretty please?"

Ever seen an avalanche slowing down?... lol

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You don't have to do them if you can't keep up. I'd like to have more events. But I do them all that are worth doing

Banned
    Post Count
    I think he's getting as much to the fact that there are so many you can't often tell what's worth doing and what's not.

Consistent Contributor danman_085's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Event overload would be an understatement. Unless you have confidence that you can finish the goal, usually its good to start off slow & wait for the posts about which one is better. But with these there are little trinkets along the way in all levels. So its like having to play hop-scotch to get whats best. But at least there are posts to tell you whats in each level, giving us an idea if its worth doing.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_085 View Post
    Event overload would be an understatement. Unless you have confidence that you can finish the goal, usually its good to start off slow & wait for the posts about which one is better. But with these there are little trinkets along the way in all levels. So its like having to play hop-scotch to get whats best. But at least there are posts to tell you whats in each level, giving us an idea if its worth doing.
    Agreed. Without the forum, these events are unplayable (Dan & LJ need a raise mods/Corp. reps . . .)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I cannot make these charts anymore. They're starting to bang my brains
    Good luck to anyone who tries to understand them
    Last edited by TylerRocksWisconsin; 09-19-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Consistent Contributor AfterHours-Oliver's Avatar
    Post Count
    I am actually playing LESS events and it's the same for the rest of my faction. That cannot be a commercially savvy move by the Corporation, we can't be alone.

Lurker
    Post Count
    They need to add an EVENTS tab next to individual and faction on the Goals page. Now, if they want to pay us for doing their jobs...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    Agreed. Without the forum, these events are unplayable (Dan & LJ need a raise mods/Corp. reps . . .)
    This is exactly what I mean. Any point where a mobile game requires a forum in order to untangle the events and rewards for the players, it needs a trim.

Is it too soon to start another 'What Would You Like Us To Change In Modern War' thread?

Consistent Contributor fofito30's Avatar
    Post Count
    My own $.03 - even inflation gets to opinions- is that Gree is facing hard times. They recently appointed new Officers with presumably the task to shape up the company into a money earning one. Since their appointment they been overloading developers and techs with new products and events to overwork players and consumers into the stat frenzy in hopes more and more of us spend more gold (cash) in finishing.
    Seems these new Officers believe in quantity is better than quality, absurd for a company that should focus primarily on efficiency and producing a fail safe, non glitchy or "hackable" product that is attractive to consumer as it was in the past when it began.
    Nothing wrong with running a company to make money, GREE isn't a charity, but beware of running it into the ground as players will find another product far more time enjoyable, risk free and probably cheaper for their buck.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I wouldn't mind if we were getting some decent long term rewards such as energy or health which would in theory give me some long term benefit. The temp rewards help but typically they come half way through a cycle when there true benefit can't be seen.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Gree is best at this...