Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Honduh... I didn't say that you can win; the strongest alliance should win unless it is disorganized. I just said that you can knock any alliance out of the stronghold and hold it for long enough to get on the board.

BC

Totally agree with you bostonCard it took the rest of champ league in W18 to coord inlay roughly 300 hits to knock is out of the stronghold ...... Now I don't know whether they planned this or whether it was pure luck there waves landed within a 10min window but they beat down a near perfect lvl 100 juggernaut to kick us out ....... And for the comment about it pulls the whole team together ...... This is absolutely true . Without coordination or team work the depleted armies reinforcing would have stayed inside the stronghold whilst the new fresh reinforcement waves would have been bounced back because the stronghold was full. I also noticed at the beginning of the event you could not send armies home from the stronghold but later during the event you could

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane2014 View Post
    Honduh your reasoning is flawed due to one reason....Respawns don't occur in the stronghold
    respawning doesn't matter when you can continue to replenish depleted waves of reinforcement. i'm not going to explain this anymore... all i have to say is one player kicked 40+ full waves of rein in a few hits. do the math. if they have a full roster of people like that, it would take an entire world to defeat them... which it did.

Quote Originally Posted by honduh_head View Post
    You forget two things though... personal and alliance stat %'s... we had ONE, yes ONE player kick us from a strong hold with just a handful of waves. 40+ waves versus less than 10 and we lost. Its very possible for a single alliance to completely dominate this event and this world, you just haven't seen one yet. come to world 15 and try taking on the Pirates... they win everything... literally everything. it takes a whole fleet of allies of ours to keep them at bay.
    Sorry about that honduh_head...I promised Scorpio I wouldn't do that again. I got bored and wanted to play in the new event. I'll stay out of the next one. I'm just playing Invasion and Global now.
    HC

[QUOTE=bostoncard;1392738]With all due respect, that's not because of the strength of the defending team

I agree 100% here we held the sh for the majority of the event but we were kicked from one at one point cause our reins cldnt reach in time , if u get ur ports all rnd or coordinate a huge attack where each players sends two/three waves tha hit within a few mins of each other u will get in make no mistake abt it

Though I agree on the other side too , when an alliance is so strong one can kick u it becomes very tough but hey wld u expect to win any other tiered event with those guys in it ? At the very least tho ud lik some points on the board and some rewards
    Last edited by Chopsky; 09-28-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Ok one last suggestion.

If the teams attacking can be allowed to see their other alliance members army deployments ie attacks on strongholds.

So this is a merge of our own reports for dispatched army's with all members of an alliance.
    This allows for better organisation of alliances of long ranged attacks.

So basicly a eta log of still traveling attacks going to attack strongholds, that all alliance members can see.

Defenders can get a similar log that way they can see what re enforcements are on the way and what attacks from radar returns.

So alliances defending can see long ranged attacks on the radar and time re enforcements to arrive to help defend. This is no Help for short ranged attacks.... Which will remain the most effective.

This was a good event bar a couple of hiccups with lag but that can be expected when you have 1000s of armies on the move trying to occupy a handful of strongholds. I don't believe there is a requirement to change much bar fix the lag.

Actually cappinbanks its still mostly going to be won with gold, because the biggest spenders will have most of the best comms and the biggest armies, so its really just a freebie reward for the biggest coiners to thank them for their intense coining

And the fact that the event was introduced with little to no warning after days of very amateur bug ridden updates along with a lot of things that used to work now being buggy too doesnt really create an air of confidence in this

Support hasnt even bothered to respond to at least 60% of all the game related losses I have had due to their buggy code, game crashes and what I suspect are deliberaly coded "faults" designed to make you lose gold, so forgive me if I dont get excited about what is most likely just another not quite finished pile of crap add on to a game filled with half finished, sloppy and unreliable features

They should fix the existing game features first and make the game run at least as well as other companies pre release beta versions before piling on more features when they clearly lack the expertise to get even basic features to work adequately

Seriously, its like signing up for a beginners "code your own web game for the below averagely intelligent" course and being the game tester for the tripe they vomit onto the screen

Now count to ten and relax.....
    Your right the game has glitches and it would be great if they fixed them.

the problem with any new event is its based in a flawed system from which its very difficult to escape. It doesn't matter how good any new event is (or bad) its played in a game that's flawed in fundamental ways.

The only saving grace is that some events are run as tiered events, this then gives my alliance a fighting chance, to have fun dispite the flawed system. Its just a pity tiers are not a bigger part of the game, as they may have offered a check to some of the flaws in the game and allowed players of all levels to enjoy the same world.

This game is very complex its a CIV type game that can be played by thousands of players at the same time in real time not turn based even civ doesn't do that.
    And I don't know of another iPad game similar to compare it with, fairly.

If gree goes for version 2 then that's a lesson they need to take, ranking and grouping they then could creat mini worlds which players compete but then move in and out of between events. So players can enter worlds as alliances or individuals for an event after the event they return with their spoils.
    When I say events I suggest they are month long events where players can work as teams or individuals you earn cores and commanders and upgrades that you take with you, that are used by the game to rank you the game can offer balanced challenges for the teams/ players.
    But every new event everyone starts equal a part from. Commanders and upgrades ( but the game try's to balance all elements ) we all just have our home base and the mission / event.

I suggest we can pick the duration of events from fast say 1 day events to long a few months. Short events could be like death matches last man standing, capture missions . Where we go in with our commanders only and the rest is provided
    Longer term events could be territory events like domination
    With side events like we have now.
    Last edited by Drifting death; 11-25-2014 at 12:37 AM.

I have one complaint about this Holdout event, and it is about Diamond League.

I don't think that 1st place should get 2 masters. Simple.

I think 3 plats would be a better alternative, mostly because 1st in Diamond equates to 2nd in Champions. Especially in our world, there are only 2 active weak alliances in there. The more active one will get 2 masters every single Holdout!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsies View Post
    I have one complaint about this Holdout event, and it is about Diamond League.

I don't think that 1st place should get 2 masters. Simple.

I think 3 plats would be a better alternative, mostly because 1st in Diamond equates to 2nd in Champions. Especially in our world, there are only 2 active weak alliances in there. The more active one will get 2 masters every single Holdout!
    That's a tricky one unless the weaker alliances win good rewards they will always be weak.
    But I can see your point....

But is the only event they will ever get a chance to get them from.....
    The winning alliance of diamond in my world for the first few events was bumped up to champion this time my guess is they hate it as last time I looked they are not even on the score board in champions. But they dominated diamond.

Maybe that's Gree's plan get them good commanders make them competitive. we need alliance merging system so alliances can combine their boosts Resources and re spend them. To form stronger alliances more quickly from older depleted alliances with only a few active players.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting death View Post
    That's a tricky one unless the weaker alliances win good rewards they will always be weak.
    But I can see your point....

But is the only event they will ever get a chance to get them from.....
    The winning alliance of diamond in my world for the first few events was bumped up to champion this time my guess is they hate it as last time I looked they are not even on the score board in champions. But they dominated diamond.

Maybe that's Gree's plan get them good commanders make them competitive. we need alliance merging system so alliances can combine their boosts Resources and re spend them. To form stronger alliances more quickly from older depleted alliances with only a few active players.
    They won't get competitive yet as they are still weak. But my alliance and I have guessed that they'll hang low for a few months (2 master each month, mind you) and then make their surge using p90s and 100s to wipe us out.

Totally ridiculous.

I understand that weaker alliances need to get stronger. However, I still don't think that Diamond League winners should be getting a highly valued prize that is exclusive for champion league.

I've been on android for a year now....The only thing that we have that ios also has is the strong hold event...we just got it last week!!!! No watch battle, no global, survival, no more research, our cc tops out at lvl 10 still...we are getting beyond bored of playing the game and watching ios get all the updates while we are forgot about..GREE stop with the " we are working on it " messages...it has been over a year since it hit android...stop coming out with more events and updates for ios and catch up your other platform before you start losing alot of money on lost customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sterlin Farrow View Post
    I've been on android for a year now....The only thing that we have that ios also has is the strong hold event...we just got it last week!!!! No watch battle, no global, survival, no more research, our cc tops out at lvl 10 still...we are getting beyond bored of playing the game and watching ios get all the updates while we are forgot about..GREE stop with the " we are working on it " messages...it has been over a year since it hit android...stop coming out with more events and updates for ios and catch up your other platform before you start losing alot of money on lost customers.
    iOS is GREE's main target at the moment. The app fluctuates, but has been top grossing in App Store multiple times, which means that those players are willing to play. Android, on the other hand, is not their primary target at this moment. I don't want you to take this the wrong way though. They certainly care about their customers and player experience. It's just that at this moment, iOS>Android, and you just have to be patient with them as GREE expands their market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sterlin Farrow View Post
    Yeah I also want to see more of the ios stuff on android.