GREE replys about Temp awards / boosts - All in one spot

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GREE replys about Temp awards / boosts - All in one spot

Post Count

GREE replys about Temp awards / boosts - All in one spot

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    The bonuses only work for the WD cycle listed in the [?].

These are for the current WD cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
    I am working with the Developers on getting you an answer for many of your questions. In the meantime, can you please clarify what you mean by the bonuses aren't working? Please provide as many details as possible!
    I have a some more clarification regarding the boosts.

1. The bonuses will not show in your profile, this is expected, but they are being applied.

2. In regards to how the bonuses work, please read the following explanation:

There are two categories of boost effect, and the two categories have a different formula for how multiple sources of the same bonus are applied. The first category of boosts are the ones that raise a number. An example would be the boost that gives a flat bonus to defense buildings (it raises your defense from buildings). Multiple sources of these boosts are additive. For those faction bonuses, you will see a progression of 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%.

The second category of boosts are those that lower a number. An example of this category would be casualty rate reduction (it lowers the casualty rate). These boosts are multiplicative. Multiplicative bonuses are determined by subtracting the bonus from 1. So a 5% bonus is .95 (1- .05), and multiplicative bonuses are multiplied together. This type of mechanic is common to games in general, usually relating to things that cannot logically go above 100%. A common example would be an evasion mechanic of some sort; you can't evade 150% of anything.

Here's a concrete example directly from one of the Developers:

If a player has two 5% multiplicative bonuses and two 15% multiplicative bonuses of the same type, instead of having a combined 40% bonus, he would have a combined 34% bonus (.95*.95*.85*.85) = .652, which, when subtracted from 1, is .348, or a .34 (34%) bonus. Compare this with two additive bonuses of 5% and two additive bonuses of 15%, which would look like 1 + .05 + .05 + .15 + .15 or 1.4, or a combined 40% total bonus.

Although the examples given above reference the faction boosts, this also applies to personal boosts from units or buildings that display on the profile.
    I spoke more with the Developers, and we were able to replicate the issue. My most sincere apologies for the confusion and miscommunication (I am still learning this game). A fix is being worked on for the temporary bonuses to last the entire WD cycle versus just for the WD event. As soon as the fix is released, we will update you. Please note that this fix may take some time to implement so we appreciate your patience.

Additionally, temporary bonuses show on the profile in the total sum and you can see them in the [View Bonuses] tab on your profile.

There were multiple parts to the issue that we needed to look into and determine the cause of each. This takes a little bit of time. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugmama View Post
    And here's the response support gave me :
    Thank you for contacting GREE Support.

I apologize for any confusion which may have been experienced during our current event.

The temporary boosts acquired during the WD Jamaica event are not visible on the Profile page. For technical reasons, this type of boost cannot be included with the permanent boosts. Please be assured that the boosts are being applied while during the event.

Certain types of boost, generally those that make something smaller, fewer or shorter(i.e. "fewer casualties", "shorter upgrade times", "less time till your health refills") have diminishing returns when there are multiple sources of that boost on your account or faction. What that means is, each new source of that boost that you add is slightly less effective. So for instance if you have a 5% health regen boost effect and then another 5% health regen boost is added, you would see a total boost effect of 9%.

This is intentional, because these boosts cannot logically go below zero. It's impossible to have faster-than-instant upgrade times, for instance. Or to have a casualty rate modifier so low that you actually get units back. So for these boost types, we have the diminishing returns effect stated as above. New sources of the boost will still add to your total and progress you, though.

Here's an example of how health regeneration boosts are calculated:

If a player has two 5% multiplicative bonuses and two 15% multiplicative bonuses of the same type, instead of having a combined 40% bonus, he would have a combined 34% bonus (.95*.95*.85*.85) = .652, which, when subtracted from 1, is .348, or a .34 (34%) bonus. Compare this with two additive bonuses of 5% and two additive bonuses of 15%, which would look like 1 + .05 + .05 + .15 + .15 or 1.4, or a combined 40% total bonus.

Although the examples given above reference the faction boosts, this also applies to personal boosts from units or buildings that display on the profile.

Health regeneration without boosts for these event types is as follows:

Epic Boss - 25 minutes
    Raid Boss - 100 minutes
    World Domination - 60 minutes

Please let me know if you have any further questions about health regeneration boosts!

This is what I have found in other threads....trying to get it all in one spot.

You can also follow the links to Dev/Mods to see what post they are posting in..

http://forums.gree.net/search.php?searchid=4513981

http://forums.gree.net/search.php?searchid=4513985

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    great attempt to consolidate! nice work jrb!

it would be nice if gree would publish this information proactively when they change the game, or the way things work.

explaining thing, with the explanation by GREE in the first place would go a long way to building trust. but alas...

Consistent Contributor El Wonka's Avatar
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    This "Temporary" award system might be one of the dumbest things that I have ever seen Gree do... I mean seriously....Find the person with this idea..kick the chair out from under em....and show them to the door immediately.
    EL DIABLO OFFICER

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Since when were we informed of a tempory boost system? I've never heard mention of it before! I need to know how this works and what it's applied to!

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I get it now!! The penny has dropped lol. So those bonuses in the globe are only temporary! Seems like a good idea to me!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It would be ok if it was clear how and if it work

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Save your 1200 gold also and do not buy those 4 Shipment Locaters that will give you +1 energy regen. Those are also temporary. Someone in our faction found that out personally.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Selling temporary boosts while hiding the fact from the buyer that the boosts are not permanent constitutes FRAUD. I for one don't want it fixed, I want my money back.

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Hey OP,

Thanks for putting everything in one place. We'll start to direct people to this thread if any further questions come up. Yes, this means we may lock some threads and redirect here. This is purely for consolidating the information. We will still read through those other threads.

On to the update: The teams are rapidly working on a fix and deploying that into the game ASAP. Once we have a time for that or it goes out, we will let everyone know.

Three points we'd like to emphasize about these bonuses and changes made this cycle:
    1. Mission Plan is located in the WD globe and separates events into individual and faction events.
    2. Events in the WD cycle may have a collection mechanic to work towards a bonus available *only* during that WD cycle.
    3. Players can earn these collection items by playing the events and/or may have the ability to purchase them in the store.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey OP,

Thanks for putting everything in one place. We'll start to direct people to this thread if any further questions come up. Yes, this means we may lock some threads and redirect here. This is purely for consolidating the information. We will still read through those other threads.

On to the update: The teams are rapidly working on a fix and deploying that into the game ASAP. Once we have a time for that or it goes out, we will let everyone know.

Three points we'd like to emphasize about these bonuses and changes made this cycle:
    1. Mission Plan is located in the WD globe and separates events into individual and faction events.
    2. Events in the WD cycle may have a collection mechanic to work towards a bonus available *only* during that WD cycle.
    3. Players can earn these collection items by playing the events and/or may have the ability to purchase them in the store.
    This information needs to be placed inside the game somehow so that people know exactly what they are buying before they buy it. Allot of people will be very upset if they spend $200 expecting to get a bonus that works the same as every bonus in the game ever has only to find out that it disappears in 10 days.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Post Count
    OP: Thanks for putting it together!

GREE/Tadaaah: I appreciate that you try to clarify it and not let us alone in the dark.

Another Question: It says in the globe at the faction section that even the WD rewards are just valid through the current cycle. So we get bonuses at the end of the event that expire at the end of the event? I know that can't be and wasn't intended like that, but still it says so.

So imo a good fix would be to take the [?] popup screen, as it is already existing, and putting the clarifying information for each event and the prizes in there.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    The [?] button doesn't exists in android,also i was so suprised it was a temporany boost such a bad idea btw,Hope that gree would make it perm as a sorry since he didn't tell us that it was temp

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    But some people aren't getting these deliberately because they are temp. Making them permanent would not be fair to them either.

Post Count
    Thanks OP! Great thread!

About Temp Boosts, I don't like them. Confusing.

About posting more info in game... If somebody spends money on this app, I'd hope they would be smart enough to read the forum for info. Just saying.
    Line ID: clementine88

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The only viable solution in my mind is to give everyone these prizes permanently, including those that didn't get it. But those that didn't get it...they don't get these until after WD is over.