BOSS Battle Basics - Newbie Guide

I'm writing this because I see this too often...

TIP: Don't open your boss battles up to others until you *need* help. You really should be able to beat the level 1 and 2 boss battles on your own. You can actually attack the boss in stages. For example you might knock him down by 65% on your first go. But you can go again and finish him.

Why?:
    You are giving away points! The MVP and Officer MVP may (and most likely will) go to someone else. Take the full point spread when you can rather than giving them away.

The officers require a good well-rounded battle approach with a mix of units.

But you may want to change your squad for the boss. (Yep, you can exit change up and come back!) The mega-tank will crush fast light vehicles quickly before they do much. He's quite vulnerable to air power and you'll find if you can get a couple decent helicopters in the air they'll help you big-time! Units that attack from further away will last longer before they get crushed. Rocket Troopers were reported to be effective by some in the previous boss battle. But it sounds like they may have made some changes for this round. Heavy tanks like the Trotsky MBT, Cerberus and Kopesh will literally slow the mega-tank in its tracks. It takes a while to crush heavier vehicles buying you more time for you other units to do damage. Unfortunately again, this round of boss battles they seem to have shortened the slow down produced by crushing heavy armor. But the heavy tanks contribute a strong punch or two before they die.

But please, please whatever you do, stop giving away your early chances at scoring full points!

Alliance: Gurkorna1337
    Leader: KillerKuma
    Message: Now Recruiting. Fight for Honor and Pickles! Casual Players Welcome.
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 09-16-2014 at 06:36 AM.

I think those level 1s and 2s are people looking at what the button does.

From my previous experience (I haven't played this latest event because I lost my iPod. Just found it but It's charging.) I going that tons of durable units with powerful helicopters work really Well. "Your air technology is useless" he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Obamallama View Post
    I think those level 1s and 2s are people looking at what the button does.
    Hopefully we can save a few people from throwing away their points on trying out that button with this thread.

"Your air technology is useless" he said.
    He says that, but from the evidence I've seen so far, it's not true. Air power seems to be very effective. Though you do need a helicopter that can take some light anti-air. There are plenty of decent UC and R helicopters that promote/train up nicely to be reasonably durable.

...I haven't played this latest event because I lost my iPod. Just found it but It's charging.
    Hope your iPod gets all charged up soon so you can jump into the fray! Happy boss hunting.

Alliance: Gurkorna1337
    Leader: KillerKuma
    Message: Now Recruiting. Fight for Honor and Pickles! Casual Players Welcome.
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 09-16-2014 at 01:49 AM.

Another tip is that you should adjust you strategies from the first Boss Battles event. I am still figuring out my battle tactics but I can assure you that beating Bosses became a whole lot harder. There used to be the tactic of using many infantry units to slow the Boss down but this new event has adjusted it so that they are squashed just as easily as any other unit. You will still need helicopters though as they are highly effective. My current tactic is using a variety of units. Helicopters as they are versatile. Tanks for good damage output and to slow the Boss down if ever so slightly. A high-damage based unit such as a Dybenko Liberator and also a high-damage based support such as a Lukeni VI. This tactic has brought me up quite a few levels.

TL;DR: DON'T USE INFANTRY UNITS! (They were the bane of my first few levels when I had not yet realised the major changes made to the Boss.)

I've heard (but not tried) that artillery is amazing against the boss. I myself have a Lenin's reach at level 40 so that amazing power carries Me through the bosses with ease because it is both extremely powerful and durable

If you can get a few artillery units yes you can give the boss a right pasting BUT i stress again you do need to have a few of them before they start to make a dent. I do find that the Rail gun sniper is also a good one to have yes hes left but when you got a few once again they pack a punch

Hey thanks for pointing out some of the changes between this round of boss battles and last time everyone!

I adjusted the first post a bit based on your excellent input. Remember to keep experimenting.

I tried out an Apollo Nuke last round with some success. I should pull it out again and see if its still good this round.