Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Calling all Boss Battle Tacticians!

This thread is a continuation of Boss Battle Strategy.
    I hope to gather information, tips and tactics to beat the Epic Boss Battles.
    My first and formost goal is to beat the Epic Boss on only one morale.
    This may be impossible.
    Last battle we found rocket men and choppers to be the ticket.
    I used 3 rocket squads and 3 choppers and beat all the levels.
    I am now on Epic level 20 and need to rethink this tactic.
    It's just not working anymore.
    I fear it doesn't really matter what you deploy, the days of beating the Epic Boss on one morale may be over.
    I have tried a few other tactics but have not found the key. That MegaTank is just not slowing down.

What are your thoughts? Please leave a suggestion and what current Epic level your on now.
    KILLEMALL

Bloodanguts

In the same boat as you - haven't found anything that slows it down like the rocket squads used to

In the last round I found the mega tank *literally* slows down when crushing heavy tanks. Try spamming Trotsky MBTs under it. Please let us know the results.

Alliance: Gurkorna1337
    Leader: KillerKuma
    Message: Now Recruiting. Fight for Honor and Pickles! Casual Players Welcome.
    Last edited by KillerKumaClone; 09-16-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKumaClone View Post
    In the last round I found the mega tank *literally* slows down when crushing heavy tanks. Try spamming Trotsky MBTs under it. Please let us know the results.

Alliance: Gurkorna1337
    Leader: KillerKuma
    Message: Now Recruiting. Fight for Honor and Pickles! Casual Players Welcome.
    All units are now much more easily crushed by the Boss' might. A Trotsky MBT would not survive even for two seconds. You will need all the firepower you can muster to overcome this beast and the answer is not expensive troops as you are preferably looking at only using one morale.

My answer would be 2 high-damage units (e.g. Dybenko Liberator), one should preferably be a support (Lukeni VI). You may not be able to slow the Epic Boss much but the least you can do is to take as much health down until the Boss does reach your units.
    One or two helicopters as they are still highly effective. The Boss often does not target your helicopters until most ground units have been destroyed. This is useful for getting damage does at a consistent rate.
    One tank to slow the Boss somewhat and deal a good amount of damage on the Boss.
    One unit that can easily be summoned (cheap) with a decent damage rating (e.g. Lvl 50 Psiloi). This will be your main force that stalls the Boss whilst dealing decent attack.
    I have only tested this tactic up to Round 15 so I am not sure how it will go past this stage. I too am struggling. Gree definitely wants us to spend money to obtain the Dream Team and also spend money on Morales to use three at a time. -.-

I am currently at Boss Level 28, I have not been able to bring the boss down with less than a 3-Morale start since maybe level 23 or so. My 1-Morale wins stopped at maybe 15 or so, then I went to 2-Morale wins until that stopped working.

My current Army is:
    Lvl 20 - Torquatus
    Lvl 50 - Liangs Reapers
    Lvl 50 - Liangs Reapers
    Lvl 40 - Thought Purifier
    Lvl 50 - Balyakovs Dream
    Lvl 40 - Sylph

I've found the Liangs Reapers really tear him apart and slow the Boss down, but am wondering if I should change out a Arial Drone for a Lvl - 50 Pegasus I have. Reason I haven't yet is I'm trying to keep the average cost of my troops down so I can get more out there. Also been thinking about taking out one Liangs reapers for a Hard hitting lank like Sagittarius, Black Flag, Gae Bulg or Testudo.

Last Epic Boss week, I was using more tanks than infantry and noticed that certain tanks slowed the Boss down and some got kicked away like a football, literally, they would fly off the screen. That's when I learned about the use of Infantry. I have not tried the Drone Tanks yet though (e.g. Pugio, Gebel I, etc...) They seem weak, but they may slow him down.... not sure. Anyone using the Drone Tanks and have feedback on them?

Overall I am thinking the 3 for ones may be a good bet in the Epic Boss fights. Rocket Squads, Liangs Reapers, Gebel I, etc.... it gives 3 barriers per unit slot to slow him down vs the normal 1. Any ideas or feedback on that?

Rocket Squads

I'm at level 32 so far, using the same basic strategy as last time - 2 rocket squads, 2 choppers, 2 tanks. Spam rocket squads, occasional tanks, as many choppers as possible. It's true, the rocket squads do not slow the Boss to the same extent as before, but they still slow him. It takes me 3 attacks: first with 1 morale brings him to about 50%, second with 2 morales brings him to about 15%, third with one morale to finish him off.

Nope, I tried 3 exterminator squads and 3 rocket squads, only 18% damage on one morale.
    Thank you for your advice HornedOwl. You got the best squad I've seen out there and I know your using at least 2 morale to win. I don't think there's much else to say but buckle down and use your morale wisly. I'm almost finished anyway, I will beat this weeks battle long before I get to level 50. The only thing left to do is try and hold on to a ranking of 30.
    Good luck
    Killemall
    Bloodanguts
    Last edited by Bloodanguts; 09-16-2014 at 03:00 PM.

Lvl 29

I used 2 choppers, 2 tanks, and 2 heavy hitter and only can he this far with 3 morale, two times. Gonna try again in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodanguts View Post
    Nope, I tried 3 exterminator squads and 3 rocket squads, only 18% damage on one morale.
    Thank you for your advice HornedOwl. You got the best squad I've seen out there and I know your using at least 2 morale to win. I don't think there's much else to say but buckle down and use your morale wisly. I'm almost finished anyway, I will beat this weeks battle long before I get to level 50. The only thing left to do is try and hold on to a ranking of 30.
    Good luck
    Killemall
    Bloodanguts
    Thanks,

Quick question though.... does anyone know if the Epic Boss counts as a Base in terms of Weaknesses such as in the Thought Purifier and the UR version of... (Which I cannot remember the name of)

Thanks,

I switched out a couple troops to test:

My current Army is:
    Lvl 20 - Torquatus
    Lvl 50 - Liangs Reapers
    Lvl 50 - Gae Bulg
    Lvl 40 - Thought Purifier
    Lvl 50 - Balyakovs Dream
    Lvl 50 - Pegasus

I haven't seen any noticeable slowing of him with less Liangs out there. But I am deploying the Pegasus as my 2nd troop that way it can get up there and get the most damage in from it.

My standard match I start with upgrading resources to lvl 4 or 5, deploy a Liangs, deploy a Pegasus, deploy a Gae Bulg, lvl up resources, Drop a Liangs then a Purifier, then go with whatever is looking best fit. That's not a hard set priority list, but I normally take the Warcraft approach and deploy troops that are highest on the priority list when they are up.

I'm up to Lvl 33 and am down to playing the Boss 1 Morale at a time, on 1x and I am still "barely" beating him after using 3 Morale, I am certain the next one will take 4. This last one took me up to the point where you can no longer deploy troops but the base wasn't completely destroyed yet. (You lose when the buildings in the back are destroyed), my remaining Helicopters took him down after I was not able to deploy troops anymore, but before he reached the back-most building structures.

Lineup

I'm having success with the following squad:

1) UC Rocket Squad (40)
    2) UC Rocket Squad (40)
    3) SR Sagittarius (50)
    4) R Persephone (50)
    5) R *Porkryshkin AH* (50)
    6) R *Phoenix* (50)

Can you please describe what you feel is success? We may have totaly different ideas of what success is. I define success as beating an epic boss level 50 on one morale a success. I have tryed your line up and found it lacking. How much damage can you inflict on one try at level 30? Need more info.

Here's the thing since the inaugural boss mission.The infantry we used to slow down the tank was great but it was an oversight by Gree and was not intended to work that way.Now second time around they fixed that issue and it is now operating the way Gree intended it to be so we must just grin and bear with it.

I really don't understand spending 3 morale to just boost your supply rate. Can someone explain this. I understand it boosts your supply but doesn't net you extra points like in the invasion events where you can opt to spend 30 energy for 3 x the reward. I don't see the benifit, the goal is to get it done the cheapest. This sounds like a very expensive solution.

That's what I've been thinking Lord Jetson. We must all grin and bear it.

Success

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodanguts View Post
    Can you please describe what you feel is success? We may have totaly different ideas of what success is. I define success as beating an epic boss level 50 on one morale a success. I have tryed your line up and found it lacking. How much damage can you inflict on one try at level 30? Need more info.
    Yes, definitely different definitions of success. I define success as being able to make consistent progress and finish the the Boss challenge without spending any money. I've made it a point never to spend money on this game. During the first boss challenge, it was easy to beat the boss every time on 1 morale. This time around, it's less boring. On level 30 it takes me 3 attacks - 1 morale, then 2, then back to 1. On the first attack, I do 50% damage on level 30 with the lineup listed above. I'm currently on level 34, about to score the 4th Eurydice. Enjoying the ride.