Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleProphet View Post
    Yes, definitely different definitions of success. I define success as being able to make consistent progress and finish the the Boss challenge without spending any money. I've made it a point never to spend money on this game. During the first boss challenge, it was easy to beat the boss every time on 1 morale. This time around, it's less boring. On level 30 it takes me 3 attacks - 1 morale, then 2, then back to 1. On the first attack, I do 50% damage on level 30 with the lineup listed above. I'm currently on level 34, about to score the 4th Eurydice. Enjoying the ride.
    So what is your rotation? I tried a similar squad and am failing.

Ok heads up!!! Anybody on level 42? Well we got a surpize for ya. After level 42, when you thought it couldn't get any harder, well forget that. When the epic is halfway dead and you thought you destroyed all the gun turrets, they all respawn. And it adds mortors. Now it takes me 5 morale if I'm lucky. It's freaking impossible, I freaking love it. Lol.

Rotation

I mix it up, but it basically looks something like this. I get supply up to 3, then 1 rocket squad, supply to 4, then 2 rocket squads, supply to 5, 2 more squads, Porkryshkin, 2 more squads, supply to 6, Phoenix, 2 more squads, supply to 7, 2 more squads, supply to 8, 2 more squads, 2 more squads, Persephone, 1 squad, Sagittarius, supply to 9, then deploy everything as soon as they recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodanguts View Post
    Nope, I tried 3 exterminator squads and 3 rocket squads, only 18% damage on one morale.
    Thank you for your advice HornedOwl. You got the best squad I've seen out there and I know your using at least 2 morale to win. I don't think there's much else to say but buckle down and use your morale wisly. I'm almost finished anyway, I will beat this weeks battle long before I get to level 50. The only thing left to do is try and hold on to a ranking of 30.
    Good luck
    Killemall
    Bloodanguts
    Infantry is only have the plan. You need choppers baby. They lay down the power

Ok I think I got it! I think I just figured it out. I have this weeks epic boss Kroptinite. I just played a level 20 epic with 3 rocket squads, 2 hippos and one chopper. And I dealt 80% damage,!!! I think it's the hippos, there just to big to squash. I'm gonna try with 3 hippos and 3 choppers. Wish me luck

No, didn't work like I hoped. Worked great on level20 epic but not to good on level 30 epic. Dang I thought I had it
    Last edited by Bloodanguts; 09-16-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Lol, great to see someone not giving up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodanguts View Post
    Ok I think I got it! I think I just figured it out. I have this weeks epic boss Kroptinite. I just played a level 20 epic with 3 rocket squads, 2 hippos and one chopper. And I dealt 80% damage,!!! I think it's the hippos, there just to big to squash. I'm gonna try with 3 hippos and 3 choppers. Wish me luck

No, didn't work like I hoped. Worked great on level20 epic but not to good on level 30 epic. Dang I thought I had it
    Lol great to see you not giving up bud,keep it up.

I needed 6 battles to kill lvl 49 boss. I have tried the line ups in this thread, and have tried various UR and SR units and it is just grinding to finally win. I see no sudden drop in health from any one single units attack. I may have had better rounds when combining units with rail gun weapons since the boss is a tank but no significat gain. So, not dead, can't quit.

Yeah the party is over

Quote Originally Posted by Drkaic View Post
    I needed 6 battles to kill lvl 49 boss. I have tried the line ups in this thread, and have tried various UR and SR units and it is just grinding to finally win. I see no sudden drop in health from any one single units attack. I may have had better rounds when combining units with rail gun weapons since the boss is a tank but no significat gain. So, not dead, can't quit.
    Yeah I'm afraid the first Boss battle was an anomaly. You are not going to find a easy way out. I have tried numerous line ups. I know guys with the best unit decks out there and are still spending at least 4 morale if not 5 to beat the Epic bosses at the higher levels. (48) the points max out at 18000 points this week but the bosses take more and more points to take down. If you look at the hit points needed to defeat the boss when the game is over and it's rewarding points, you will see close to 2 million hit points required to defeat them. They get larger and larger with every level. Good luck

It could of been the specific tank type you we're fighting. Maybe his weapons we're useless against your Hippos

A couple of notes.

1. Boss is much tougher to slow down.
    2. Boss health seems to be much higher.

Seems the old ways are still the best...

Rocket squads (R/UC)
    Two fast firing Helo's if you have the SR/UR balyakov, slyph nice
    One big health tank (Janissary/nemea/janus etc...)

drop all 3 morales and ramp up bonus ... drop the helo's first they're fast and will get to the tank before it crosses the barrier...think free hits. drop the tank. ramp up to max bonus. spam rocket squads helo's and tanks. do not hit the multiplier to 2 or 3. keep it at 1. and good luck.

if you destroy more than 50% health at boss level 30 or higher; please post units used.

Tank slowdown

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKumaClone View Post
    In the last round I found the mega tank *literally* slows down when crushing heavy tanks. Try spamming Trotsky MBTs under it. Please let us know the results.

Alliance: Gurkorna1337
    Leader: KillerKuma
    Message: Now Recruiting. Fight for Honor and Pickles! Casual Players Welcome.
    Yes, I noticed that, too, so I made sure I was throwing ground units at it all the time while my air units were hitting it from above. It doesn't have to be tanks. Sagittarius does a nice job on it and slows it down when it rolls over it. I don't think you can beat it with one morale. I use the countermeasure unit for the extra pts, Sagittarius, Reaping Truth or Eurydice, then Pegasus, Balyakov's Dream, and Marid, all trained to the max. I never had to fight more than 3 battles using full morale with the boss using that combo, and usually less. The level 40's battles always took 3 battles to defeat the boss using full morale each time. A level 50 Pegasus would probably help bring that down some but alas, I've only gotten enough of those to get to level 30. Still formidable, but level 50 is unbeatable.

Doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKumaClone View Post
    In the last round I found the mega tank *literally* slows down when crushing heavy tanks. Try spamming Trotsky MBTs under it. Please let us know the results.

Alliance: Gurkorna1337
    Leader: KillerKuma
    Message: Now Recruiting. Fight for Honor and Pickles! Casual Players Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intimid View Post
    All units are now much more easily crushed by the Boss' might. A Trotsky MBT would not survive even for two seconds. You will need all the firepower you can muster to overcome this beast and the answer is not expensive troops as you are preferably looking at only using one morale.

My answer would be 2 high-damage units (e.g. Dybenko Liberator), one should preferably be a support (Lukeni VI). You may not be able to slow the Epic Boss much but the least you can do is to take as much health down until the Boss does reach your units.
    One or two helicopters as they are still highly effective. The Boss often does not target your helicopters until most ground units have been destroyed. This is useful for getting damage does at a consistent rate.
    One tank to slow the Boss somewhat and deal a good amount of damage on the Boss.
    One unit that can easily be summoned (cheap) with a decent damage rating (e.g. Lvl 50 Psiloi). This will be your main force that stalls the Boss whilst dealing decent attack.
    I have only tested this tactic up to Round 15 so I am not sure how it will go past this stage. I too am struggling. Gree definitely wants us to spend money to obtain the Dream Team and also spend money on Morales to use three at a time. -.-
    The problem with using a Dybenko and some of those fast units is they don't start firing until they get right up to the boss. They are lucky to get one shot off before they're crushed, assuming boss doesn't take them out first with his cannons and rail gun. You need to use units that fire from range. Again, a level 50 Sagittarius is very effective because it's fast, fires from range (it is an anti-aircraft weapon after all), and it does heavy damage. Lukeni can work but is so slow getting into position to fire that it can only be used as a support piece, as it was intended to be used, or boss will kill it before it can get off a shot. I've completed both Boss events and beyond so I have tried this stuff repeatedly and have learned what works and what doesn't.

My advice

Quote Originally Posted by HornedOwl View Post
    I am currently at Boss Level 28, I have not been able to bring the boss down with less than a 3-Morale start since maybe level 23 or so. My 1-Morale wins stopped at maybe 15 or so, then I went to 2-Morale wins until that stopped working.

My current Army is:
    Lvl 20 - Torquatus
    Lvl 50 - Liangs Reapers
    Lvl 50 - Liangs Reapers
    Lvl 40 - Thought Purifier
    Lvl 50 - Balyakovs Dream
    Lvl 40 - Sylph

I've found the Liangs Reapers really tear him apart and slow the Boss down, but am wondering if I should change out a Arial Drone for a Lvl - 50 Pegasus I have. Reason I haven't yet is I'm trying to keep the average cost of my troops down so I can get more out there. Also been thinking about taking out one Liangs reapers for a Hard hitting lank like Sagittarius, Black Flag, Gae Bulg or Testudo.

Last Epic Boss week, I was using more tanks than infantry and noticed that certain tanks slowed the Boss down and some got kicked away like a football, literally, they would fly off the screen. That's when I learned about the use of Infantry. I have not tried the Drone Tanks yet though (e.g. Pugio, Gebel I, etc...) They seem weak, but they may slow him down.... not sure. Anyone using the Drone Tanks and have feedback on them?

Overall I am thinking the 3 for ones may be a good bet in the Epic Boss fights. Rocket Squads, Liangs Reapers, Gebel I, etc.... it gives 3 barriers per unit slot to slow him down vs the normal 1. Any ideas or feedback on that?
    Horned Owl: I've gotten all the way through both Boss events. My highest level completed on this last one went beyond to level 46 and based on what I saw answering distress calls, I defeated the boss in fewer battles than most. I don't have it all figured out by any means, but here is my advice: Unfortunately, ground drones don't do much. A level 50 Orontes might since they do heavy damage, they're fast, and they're durable, but I don't have one so I don't know for sure. But drones do get kicked out rather than slowing boss down. I would leave your arial drone in place and ADD your level 50 Pegasus. I kick butt with a level 30 Pegasus so I can only imagine how much damage you could do with a level 50. So use your Sylph and your Pegasus and I would add one more heavy damage air unit. Your instincts about Sagittarius are right on. It does heavy damage, it's fast and I can usually deploy at least 4 of them during the battle. And it will slow boss down when he rolls over it. Deploy your Pegasus early since they take so long to arrive. Hope this helps you with our next Boss event. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Ldomino View Post
    Horned Owl: I've gotten all the way through both Boss events. My highest level completed on this last one went beyond to level 46 and based on what I saw answering distress calls, I defeated the boss in fewer battles than most. I don't have it all figured out by any means, but here is my advice: Unfortunately, ground drones don't do much. A level 50 Orontes might since they do heavy damage, they're fast, and they're durable, but I don't have one so I don't know for sure. But drones do get kicked out rather than slowing boss down. I would leave your arial drone in place and ADD your level 50 Pegasus. I kick butt with a level 30 Pegasus so I can only imagine how much damage you could do with a level 50. So use your Sylph and your Pegasus and I would add one more heavy damage air unit. Your instincts about Sagittarius are right on. It does heavy damage, it's fast and I can usually deploy at least 4 of them during the battle. And it will slow boss down when he rolls over it. Deploy your Pegasus early since they take so long to arrive. Hope this helps you with our next Boss event. 😊
    Oh, re your question with infantry, I didn't have good luck with it but need to experiment some more. As for three's probably a sound theory IF they can do actual damage. I tried my Two Corbies aerial drones and they just couldnt make enough impact before boss killed them. Ditto for my Liang's Reapers, though I may try them again. I found Sagittarius, the counter-measure unit (especially when I could level it up to 50), and my Eurydice to be most effective on the ground. However, the Eurydice isn't a perfect solution since it has to get so close before it fires. I think a long-range tank (like pertinex) might be better when I can level one up to 50.