Oh my...another Alliance Attack? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh my...another Alliance Attack?

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    So evil what your saying is, guns don't kill, people do.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    That leads into one of the greatly debated arguments

Does it require the person pulling the trigger to kill someone, or, does the gun provide the temptation for it it happen, and thus, no gun would equal no crime, or even thought of the crime

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Pretty sure that isn't what I said but since you have been one of the "contributors" then I wouldn't expect anything less than you having opposition to my statement.

I would imagine on rare occasion a gun may have just been lying around and accidentally discharged due to some external force other than a human. However, I suspect that 99.999999% of the time , the human finger is the one applying pressure on the trigger. So you can philosophically debate that all you want.

You always have the right to disagree. But just because you disagree or try to spin my words to fit your opinion, doesn't make my previous statement any less accurate.

Have a nice day!
    Evil M.

Post Count
    What when GREE offered a one time redistribution of alliance attack into alliance defense (e.g. you distribute of your alliance attack, 50% to defense). Would that fix the problem? I know WD is not the main driver of revenue anymore, so maybe, maybe...... Just a thought...
    Last edited by Wingman GRI; 09-16-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Believe me evil, that was not opposition to your statement,lol. A little tidbit for debate, much like retired posted. Sure if no guns, we couldn't kill with guns, but we did it with how's and arrows, swords and spears long before guns

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikethegreat88 View Post
    Stats ARE relevant to newer players with under 1b stats, so GREE gets money from them trying to catch up. And top players still use gold to complete events for prestige (and out of habit).

Win-win for GREE.
    No reason for new players to use gold if they know eventually they will simply surpass that threshold and beat most players without spending gold. Yes top players spend gold just because they can. Spending is definitely on a Decline though (outside of top 2 WD) so I wouldn't say its a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-1 View Post
    I completely agree with you Thief. Something is wrong with the game when what everyone so intensely struggles to build, doesn't matter.
    Just part of what the game has become. I can attack and Raid the top spenders of the game while at the same time be raided and attacked by players who haven't spent any money in the game. I don't really care but the desire to buy more gold diminishes as does that of most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Quite certain all of it has been irrelevant from the inception. Players placed importance on facets of the "game". Players have been trying from beginning to make this thing into something "more" than a phone/tablet app. It was supposed to be a mild distraction providing a little entertainment.

As I see it...stats, no stats, none of it was or ever would have been relevant. Honestly, the players and lack of self-control built this monstrosity as it is today. GREE just kept responding to make money, by upping content. All of which was a result based on players' behavior and spending habits.

Everyone can blame GREE, but it's the players' obsessive compulsions that sent this game to grave.
    You speak of psychological components of the game vs simply the mechanics of the game. Gree simply tried to balance out the monster they created in which what you described allowing the game to be more competitive during WD but they have vastly overshot it and with the decrease in spending the question is do they care to correct at this time or is it easier to let the game simply shut off? From a gaming standpoint stats used to matter quite a bit as it gave you ability to work on strategies and complete different events. I don't disagree with you simply that I think there is more than the information you are providing.
    VFF Legends