[Feedback] Boss Battles!

Hello everyone,

We're glad to see we have had a great launch to Boss Battles. In our effort to keep you involved and make the game a better experience, we'd love to get your feedback on the event.

Please let us know about gameplay, UI, process, etc.

Remember keep it constructive and keep it classy. Thanks!

Having had the experience of other Gree games, I was curious as to how you could possibly implement that stupid boss event here. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised that you did a good job with it, and it fit within the current gameplay.

That being said, I just hope you resist the urge to do your usual "make it harder and harder to try to get poeple to spend" tactic as you have in other games. The way to monetary success is to make the game fun requiring strategy to succeed - not money. So please don't ruin this game like the others.

I would have liked to have seen the prizes finish off with 4 of the top unit, instead of just 2. I did like the new officer concept and hope to see attainable prizes of SR and UR officers as well.

UI - wise, it was a bit choppy when the game would suddenly change views while fighting the boss. Please get rid of that. I think a more zoomed-out view would be better so I can see the whole boss vehicle while fighting it without the jumping around views would be better.

There also seemed to be an issue with some of the "distress calls" where they would not show names and had 0 health. Guessing those were defeated bosses so those players didn't need help anymore so they should have disappeared.

The biggest issue however was when you broke the alliance and boss chat. Don't do that again

BaziOne

It was a great inclusion really fitted in with the current gameplay and I'm just wondering are future bosses also going to be susceptible to mass infantry or will it fly over (mega helicopter). In the boss battle the officers were harder than the actual boss and the issue was with time that it took 20 energy min to defeat officers and u really only had 2 retrys until u had to wait again while u had 3 goes at the boss. Maybe with the boss between battles against him he regains some hp otherwise it will always be easier than the officers

Quote Originally Posted by BaziOne View Post
    Having had the experience of other Gree games, I was curious as to how you could possibly implement that stupid boss event here. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised that you did a good job with it, and it fit within the current gameplay.

That being said, I just hope you resist the urge to do your usual "make it harder and harder to try to get poeple to spend" tactic as you have in other games. The way to monetary success is to make the game fun requiring strategy to succeed - not money. So please don't ruin this game like the others.

I would have liked to have seen the prizes finish off with 4 of the top unit, instead of just 2. I did like the new officer concept and hope to see attainable prizes of SR and UR officers as well.

UI - wise, it was a bit choppy when the game would suddenly change views while fighting the boss. Please get rid of that. I think a more zoomed-out view would be better so I can see the whole boss vehicle while fighting it without the jumping around views would be better.

There also seemed to be an issue with some of the "distress calls" where they would not show names and had 0 health. Guessing those were defeated bosses so those players didn't need help anymore so they should have disappeared.

The biggest issue however was when you broke the alliance and boss chat. Don't do that again

BaziOne

Well my thoughts are summed up here quite nicely.
    Boss battles was an innovative mode which definitely made the game a lot more entertaining for me. However, it did get slightly monotonous in later stages so creating different bosses over time would greatly boost community reviews of it. When enough bosses are made, there could be a 'roll of the dice' per level to identify which Boss you are going to fight. However, each boss will need to be of the same difficulty but maybe some are better against Recon units, others more effective against Infantry units but each with a downside such as being more prone to Tanks and Aircrafts. Different strategies will have to be developed if so and a more diverse range of units from your own side needs to be prepared. A re-roll could be allowed for 10 Energy?

Well those are my thoughts for the future. Feedback is pretty much what BaziOne said.
    TL;DR:
    • Don't make it harder than it already is. (i.e. Don't be greedy for money and force us to buy key packs for a better army.)

• The automatic camera was choppy, distracting and unnecessary.

• Distress call bugs disallowed many to not be able to achieve many points.

• Chat bugs disallowed communications between alliance members and the helping community.

I however reckon that the prizes were in a decent order. 4 guaranteed UR's of the same unit would be overpowered. There is a reason why 2 are split off into the leader board prizes so only the best can obtain a fully-levelled UR. 6 of the same UR would be unnecessary. SR Officers would be nice but UR Officers would break the game. There is a reason why UR's are called UR's. Even SR Officers are nearly crossing the line of acceptable. It is basically a level-up of a Gold Chest but better. :/

I love the Boss Battles. There's more to do now, and there's more strategy involved. I hope this event sticks around a while but sure hope it doesn't replace the Invasion event. If we need to lose an event I hope it's the Versus event. The versus event is so boring, accumalation of points, that's it. How boring. I understand its a big money maker, you have to spend big bucks on morale to win any of the top rewards. Well that's my two cents, that's all I can afford for now. Thanks Gree And MunkyFun.

Thanks for all the awesome feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodanguts View Post
    I love the Boss Battles. There's more to do now, and there's more strategy involved. I hope this event sticks around a while but sure hope it doesn't replace the Invasion event. If we need to lose an event I hope it's the Versus event. The versus event is so boring, accumalation of points, that's it. How boring. I understand its a big money maker, you have to spend big bucks on morale to win any of the top rewards. Well that's my two cents, that's all I can afford for now. Thanks Gree And MunkyFun.
    Not only is PvP boring but it is not a true player vs. player as one plays a computer generated strategy that uses a players squad which is a bunch of crap.It needs to be scrapped and renamed if you want us players to play the computer.Why not create a general computer squad which gets a bit harder every lvl and gives players a challenge to beat a computer squad instead of a players squad.Also if you can figure out a mission that a player can actually play another player in real time and test skill vs skill let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jetson View Post
    Not only is PvP boring but it is not a true player vs. player as one plays a computer generated strategy that uses a players squad which is a bunch of crap.It needs to be scrapped and renamed if you want us players to play the computer.Why not create a general computer squad which gets a bit harder every lvl and gives players a challenge to beat a computer squad instead of a players squad.Also if you can figure out a mission that a player can actually play another player in real time and test skill vs skill let me know.
    Campaign, Invasion and Boss Battles answers your question about Player vs Computer where each level gets harder. However, I do agree that it is boring and not a true PvP. I wish live battles would be integrated but it would be pretty hard to match players evenly. I only hope that each player gets the same randomized squad to truly test skill, not who has played longer for a better squad or who has payed more money.

More boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Intimid View Post
    Campaign, Invasion and Boss Battles answers your question about Player vs Computer where each level gets harder. However, I do agree that it is boring and not a true PvP. I wish live battles would be integrated but it would be pretty hard to match players evenly. I only hope that each player gets the same randomized squad to truly test skill, not who has played longer for a better squad or who has payed more money.

I am hoping next week is a boss event.

Invasion
    Versus
    Boss

I think that's a good three week rotation until you guys figure out another event. And then a monthly rotation.

Reinforcements
    Was up with this new feature? You can find it in your allience section under your flag. Anybody heard anything?

I'm so glad the people at Gree listened to the feedback provided and didn't make the boss event significantly harder...(note that is sarcasm in case you didn't get that)

Also, glad to see you also listened to the UI feedback and changed the choppy views on the boss screen - oh wait - they're still there

Guess the request for feedback was just to see what we said and then ignore it (best case) or just laugh at us for being stupid enough to provide it (most likely)

Thanks for taking what was a good event last time and ruining it so quickly...
    Last edited by BaziOne; 09-15-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Boss

Now has anyone had trouble were in the middle of the boss battle the game shuts down and makes u lose?

Quote Originally Posted by BaziOne View Post
    I'm so glad the people at Gree listened to the feedback provided and didn't make the boss event significantly harder...(note that is sarcasm in case you didn't get that)

Also, glad to see you also listened to the UI feedback and changed the choppy views on the boss screen - oh wait - they're still there

Guess the request for feedback was just to see what we said and then ignore it (best case) or just laugh at us for being stupid enough to provide it (most likely)

Thanks for taking what was a good event last time and ruining it so quickly...
    Haha yes. I thought a decent event was about to arise (with decent chances at prizes) but my dreams were crushed in an instant. Why can't Gree just stop thinking about money for once?

Boss battle B l o w Up

Please fix happened over and again making the game no fun at all. Every time I get lots of action on boss the game shuts down and reboots and takes my spent fuel and acts like I wasn't even in battle. Posted support right away and 2 days later no response
    Game isn't fun like this