Events that were discontinued, reminiscing

I have been playing this game for way too long and i still enjoy it. Within this time I saw one time events and I want to reminisce the old days and I wonder why they were only a one time thing.

1) the time that the crafting time for armories was reduced by 80% for a day or three (i forget the duration). I remember pumping out snakeskin amour at a ridiculous rate! Why only once?

2) the time that all the old epic bosses were 5 gems instead of 30 gems at the summoning stone. Got myself the Jian's Battlegear+ from that promo. This might be outdated for me but others might enjoy this promo.

3) the quest that lasted a week "The Great Old One". that was really fun for me. Why only once?
    Smiley V3
    Veni Vidi Vici (V3). Top 10 players get HC positions
    Level 75 (iOS) 10/10 elemental bonuses for all elements

Line ID: smiley1688

Wow, you have been playing a long time. I joined about 1 1/2 months before the first Guild War, and I only remember The Great Old One LTQ. That one pushed me to build 2 more armories and spend gems to upgrade all of them to Lv 3.
    Retired. Guild still active and recruiting.
    Recruitment Thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.ph...86#post1550586

I would love more quests like that one It drove me crazy but was good to be pushed so hard. These days it feels like there is nothing much to go for.
    Jax
    GM
    The Enclave