New players can't afford limited time buildings

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New players can't afford limited time buildings

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Unhappy New players can't afford limited time buildings

This games is not appealing for new players, as we'll never be able to get strong.

Quests require money and energy that only old players can afford.

With no new blood, this game will disappear soon...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    uhhhhhhh were you on vacation for the last 3 weeks?
    Former Gree supporter and defender.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    You have to work at man. I'm gold free, and have played for over a year. Finish what I can, build what I can build. And every cycle I can do a little bit more then the last. Unless you have the extra cash, it's going to take time and you won't be able to buy every building that comes out, or have the energy or strength to finish all the events.

Post Count
    Have even finished upgrading all your existing cash buildings?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    On my mini acct (level 14) I have saved money the last two cycles. I've upgraded by 12 and 24 hour buildings to 10. I was able to upgrade last leb to 10 and saved money. New leb will be purchased in two days when I get another 6 million. Like it was said above, save your money and upgrade your cash buildings. I will use this leb to build my money up for next good one. I'm doing it with one builder as well.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JB5 View Post
    You have to work at man. I'm gold free, and have played for over a year. Finish what I can, build what I can build. And every cycle I can do a little bit more then the last. Unless you have the extra cash, it's going to take time and you won't be able to buy every building that comes out, or have the energy or strength to finish all the events.
    Agreed. Tbh, GREE has gone above and beyond to offer plenty of achievable IPH boosts for the masses in the past 6 months. I've been playing for about 2 years now and I assure you they were not this readily available during my first year of gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    They released the last building for new people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey guys,

This LTB is targeted towards newer, lower level players. We are trying to switch it up and offer different items. The next cycle LTB will be targeted at more experienced players. It will also be FULLY sea, which should be cool.

Post Count
    One of the mods said a few weeks back they planned on alternating a cheap LTB then an expensive LTB. So far that looks to be the case. Last one was cheap and this one expensive.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandoefens View Post
    This games is not appealing for new players, as we'll never be able to get strong.

Quests require money and energy that only old players can afford.

With no new blood, this game will disappear soon...
    Or... You could buy gold and have fun having better stats than most

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It is a game.... It is not instant gratification ... Work at it and you to can afford things.... Or spend real $ and get there faster... So invest time in the game like "old" player and you to can be strong(ER).

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Gree makes it too easy for new players to catch up. I've been playing for 2.5 years, getting great prizes in great factions and I see all these new players catching up. All those 5 or 20 stat units and 2,000 stat grand prizes I worked so hard for during the first year are useless now. It took a full YEAR to get to 50k stats, and I was like a king at my level. And what's really insulting is how frontline or WD individual prizes might have +15% for busting your butt and spending a vault (or more) of gold, and just a few % less for barely showing up and ranking in top 10,000. AND since prizes with attack boosts are so much more common than defense, I'm now getting raided by people much weaker than me. I have 1.6b attack, but get raided by people with 600m attack. I understand that new members want to easily catch up, but it should be hard to make up for being a year or two behind. I think gree already does more than enough to help new members.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Let me put this in perspective for you. If a new player wanted to catch up and get a chance at a +1 Building Upgrade (a prize far more useful to newer players than veterans), the cost for in game cash would be $27,135,635,000. Yes, 27 BILLION DOLLARS. And I've seen two threads now that suggest the players buy the in game cash with real-life money instead. Well, sure! That will only run you $27,000+. TWENTY-SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS OF REAL MONEY.

That is absolutely, positively insane. There's no way around it. That is running naked through the streets throwing homemade Jell-O sculptures at police officers level crazy.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarTBS View Post
    Let me put this in perspective for you. If a new player wanted to catch up and get a chance at a +1 Building Upgrade (a prize far more useful to newer players than veterans), the cost for in game cash would be $27,135,635,000. Yes, 27 BILLION DOLLARS. And I've seen two threads now that suggest the players buy the in game cash with real-life money instead. Well, sure! That will only run you $27,000+. TWENTY-SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS OF REAL MONEY.

That is absolutely, positively insane. There's no way around it. That is running naked through the streets throwing homemade Jell-O sculptures at police officers level crazy.
    27k? Where do you get those numbers? What does a vault of cash give you? Lmao

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    A vault of cash is 120 times your iph. It's terribly expensive for a new player with a low iph.

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD NUGGETT View Post
    27k? Where do you get those numbers? What does a vault of cash give you? Lmao
    Try a calculator and basic math.