DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Be wise: dont update !!!!!

Post Count
    lol, GREE is boycotting us now?
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    If you find somewhere to take it, let us know so we can join you.
    we already did!!!...pm if your interested

KA: 630-568-270

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Hey guys,

Looks like the crashes are related to low memory. As a workaround while we apply some fixes, may we suggest closing all other apps while running KA to increase the amount of memory available to KA. Thanks for your patience on this.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey guys,

Looks like the crashes are related to low memory. As a workaround while we apply some fixes, may we suggest closing all other apps while running KA to increase the amount of memory available to KA. Thanks for your patience on this.
    So data usage IS spiking again?

Post Count
    Low memory? Then make the app smaller.

I've deleted everything but KA and it is still crashing.

Post Count
    Or better yet, undo the upgrade.

I can't have any other apps running while KA is running, btw.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Keep Calm and Carry On.

I fully expect that this will be fixed BEFORE the wars begin. The revenue loss would be excessive if gamers cannot press the attack button and the buy gems button.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I always force close other apps when in KA... the slowness is just poor coding.

On the bright side, tapjoy is still working for me and the update doesn't appear to be inducing high data usage.
    Last edited by syKosis; 09-11-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode...on View Post
    Actually, has anyone checked the data usage? It takes a minute each time to start the game and hitting two mobs or attacking one enemy causes a crash so I can't stay on long enough to see if there is alot of data downloads.

Consistent Contributor Sandhawk's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMode...on View Post
    As far as I can tell, data usage is normal. No need to worry unless gree makes another change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Hey guys,

This might be possible if it was isolated to one platform and/or all prior generations of that product. But these issues are across the board. This appears to be more than just a memory shortage. Also, your engineers should have the foresight not to create a product that meets or exceeds the capacity of the original design parameters of the device it is being created for. To some, this may seem like common sense.

I'm just gonna go ahead and quote myself now...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk View Post
    Gree, please remind your pro/dev department (aka preschool interns) that they are coding an app to be run on a small, limited, hand held device. I know you guys are trying to pretend to be a full-fledged Console or PC game like the big boys. But just take a deep breath, count to 10, and remind yourself that you can't even properly code a basic app...
    KA - ✠ Southern Dutch Knights 769-614-822
    CC - 🔫 Old Retired Gangsters 980-215-010
    MW - 🌎Maverick 196-547-849

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

Post Count
    Telling people to close apps to free memory on an iOS device shows your lack of understanding of said operating system.

If the app that's currently running needs more memory the OS automatically closes any background app and frees that memory. What remains in the "double click home" menu thing is a list of app history.

This is iOS 101 and just proves that Gree has no idea what they are doing. Quit hiring the homeless people sleeping in your lobby to do your coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandhawk View Post
    Gree, please remind your pro/dev department (aka preschool interns) that they are coding an app to be run on a small, limited, hand held device. I know you guys are trying to pretend to be a full-fledged Console or PC game like the big boys. But just take a deep breath, count to 10, and remind yourself that you can't even properly code a basic app...
    This isn't even quite right because this game would be a joke on any console/PC. In fact, it should be a joke on a mobile device, but instead Gree developers are so incompetent that they can't even figure out how to make a basic app run without requiring 10x more resources than should be needed. This game has absolutely horrid memory management and leaks so big that Julian Assange is writing an article about it.
    Last edited by the_bob; 09-11-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Even though you should not have to close all other apps, I have been. It still crashes and is unusable. This better be fixed before the war or I will be very upset.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by the_bob View Post
    Telling people to close apps to free memory on an iOS device shows your lack of understanding of said operating system.

If the app that's currently running needs more memory the OS automatically closes any background app and frees that memory. What remains in the "double click home" menu thing is a list of app history.

This is iOS 101 and just proves that Gree has no idea what they are doing. Quit hiring the homeless people sleeping in your lobby to do your coding.

Too bad you're just clueless spouting the constant Gree is clueless line... I'm not a shill for Gree... but you can do some Googling on IOS background processing...

Here's a good link... check out UIBackgroundModes
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...oneOSKeys.html

Which is why powering off/on your iDevice helps clean out background processes too...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Too bad you're just clueless spouting the constant Gree is clueless line... I'm not a shill for Gree... but you can do some Googling on IOS background processing...

Here's a good link... check out UIBackgroundModes
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...oneOSKeys.html

Which is why powering off/on your iDevice helps clean out background processes too...
    I'll file this away under "Stuff I Already Know"

Yes, some apps can use this. Youtube, music player. But again, most do not. And on top of that, the apps that do use this must actively be utilizing the feature otherwise they will be culled by the operating system.

Call me clueless all you want if it makes you feel better about yourself. I'm all for helping a charity case.
    Last edited by the_bob; 09-12-2014 at 04:53 AM.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    The war is starting soon. Any updates on the crashing? It's not fair if some guild members can't fight because of this update. Please give us an update.