Thread: which variant?

which variant?

After my last thread was a disaster I've decided to make this thread about discussing the differences between variants and what differences they have. For example the reaping truth, perspersomething and the hastrabul. The majority of people I see on vs have reaping truths and I'm unsure to Why. Are they easier to get or is it because of the lower deploy cost. For this lower deploy cost does it sacrifice some stats?

It doesn't even have to be about variants. What are the significant tactical differences between the black flag and the ideal defender? They are different vehicle types and some other differences but what makes them tactically different?

And all tactics aside the player with all ordones wins but until then you rely on your thinker.

Reaping Truth is free to get in a mission. The others are being lucky from chests

The Reaping Truth is a award in the last chest on the third battle of the campaign Condor Rage. That's why everyone and their mother has one or three. Most units have a UR version and 2-3 SR versions. The UR version will have the best attack and defense but will give up something in return like range. The SR versions have a big brother like the Hasdrubal, compared to its sister units the Reaping truth and Perposone. The Hasdrubal will have the best defense and attack and its sister units will split, one with high attack and one with high defense, or a combo like this.
    If your looking to analyze L.O.W I wish you good luck, but I have been doing this for 4 months and people just don't care. I've found the best place to talk tactics and strategy is LOW wikia. And their are only 3 of us doing it. Your welcome to join us.

Well I'll join the wiki then. I had No idea that you could get a reaping truth from there. I skipped straight over it. Dayum.

I'm glad to have a hastrabul tho

Thanks Bayu

Thanks bloodandguts and bayu, had no idea a rare unit would be awarded in the campaign mission. That clearly slipped by many of us. Are there any other campaigns that award rare units? Would be great to get a short discussion so we all know which missions to focus on.
    Last edited by User271320; 09-09-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by User271320 View Post
    Thanks bloodandguts and bayu, had no idea a rare unit would be awarded in the campaign mission. That clearly slipped by many of us. Are there any other campaigns that award rare units? Would be great to get a short discussion so we all know which missions to focus on.
    The 3rd level of Somapura Slam, Playing D, offers a Rare unit Xanthippus VI in the 3rd slot. Good luck to those playing the campaign. Some of the levels are quite difficult, and I have found "range" combined with the speed of deploying units the most valuable attributes in these late missions. A maxed Rocket Squad deployed in front of a Hastatus Sniper or if your lucky enough Hastatus Prime is a powerful weapon. I also use a Psiloi, Daedalus, Nemea and Hyperion in my lineup.

-Discordian
    Alliance -SexondSonsxx

Quote Originally Posted by Obamallama View Post
    After my last thread was a disaster I've decided to make this thread about discussing the differences between variants and what differences they have. For example the reaping truth, perspersomething and the hastrabul. The majority of people I see on vs have reaping truths and I'm unsure to Why. Are they easier to get or is it because of the lower deploy cost. For this lower deploy cost does it sacrifice some stats?

It doesn't even have to be about variants. What are the significant tactical differences between the black flag and the ideal defender? They are different vehicle types and some other differences but what makes them tactically different?

And all tactics aside the player with all ordones wins but until then you rely on your thinker.
    The difference between the Black Flag and Ideal Defender is that the Ideal Defender has more health and the Defender also has a higher rate of fire. I choose the defender over the Black Flag because of these differences.

AmadeusINC
    Commanding Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    The difference between the Black Flag and Ideal Defender is that the Ideal Defender has more health and the Defender also has a higher rate of fire. I choose the defender over the Black Flag because of these differences.

AmadeusINC
    Commanding Officer
    I would probably pick the ideal if I had a choice but wouldn't the recon armor type make it weaker to some units and stronger against others. I'd probably choose it because it'd be more effective vs hastous and other infantry.

I have too many tanks in my team as is so ideal would be nice for Me. I was disappointed to hear the raylins and Sagittarius were also tanks