GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New matchup algorithm- and wait times ridiculous

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I'm in a top 10 team and we declare back to back. From Friday to Sunday we experienced a minimum of 15 minutes of waiting to be matched, every time. We have not faced SUP at all. I also know that Warrior Seals have not faced SUP either. Just my two cents....

Post Count
    I'm in a faction ranked about 1200. Matchups and wait times have been about the same as previous wars. Maybe wait times have been slightly less.

Post Count
    It appears that 10 wins were added to everyone's total to make amends for this issue. I am OK with this resolution and think that this was a good way for Gree to address this problem. My bet is that the additional 10 wins helped more teams than those who were hurt badly by this issue.

GREE Emergency Medical Hologram GEMH's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey Commanders,

We understand that matching was taking longer than desired. This slower than anticipated performance affected all factions. We have awarded all factions with 10 additional wins as compensation, which will advance your faction from whatever streak position you were in at the time. You should see the 10 wins applied to your wins total immediately.

We apologize for any frustration which may have been experienced as a result of this matter.
    Last edited by GEMH; 09-08-2014 at 11:33 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Our matchups were pretty f***ed too, we are a top 250 team, and yesterday we got matched up with a Top 1000 team that we destroyed and then immediately afterwards we got matched up with SUP

Post Count
    For those experiencing slow matchups, as someone else mentioned, the number of participating factions has dramatically dropped off. You would have seen this had you scolled to the bottom of the leaderboard, the number of single player gactions with 40 pts sitting in the bottom 20,000 was a sad comment on many players have left the game.

Longest wait I had was 20 minutes, had one near instant match while the rest were approx 10 minutes.

Problem is, if there is no 'fair' match then what should the game do, make you wait or broaden the parameters? Based on how few factions remain the latter is the logical solution, is it a good solution? Probably not but given what Gree has to work with there isn't much else that can be done since they can't magically pull factions out of you know where...

Dropped prize tiers, I think was a mistake. The mass exodus of players seem to be in the lower ranked factions and given the continued lack of support for these prize levels I expect to see even more folks quit.

Adding 10 wins was nice, thank you.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Everyone has something to complain about, it was a nice gift from Gree and helped my faction get the 35 wins instead of hoping for 25. Also gave us the 7/7 streak so I say thank you because they compensated for the problems. As the saying goes if you snooze you lose
    Back again, but now i'm not playing as much

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks for the free 10 wins. I will take two free units and lucky for me, my faction had just finished a streak.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Bias View Post
    I believe the only team sup killed a meaningful streak was MAU on 35.
    Also our 12/12 as well. We got them at the end of a couple streaks. But this ten win things has me wondering what's up.
    Justice League (Beyond The Dead)

Finished first place in every war. Recruiting active players for our 4 teams. https://groupme.com/join_group/6757157/wRRGFR

I am the Commentator of Comments