Frontline idea to dump useless units, without less gold being used?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Frontline idea to dump useless units, without less gold being used?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Frontline idea to dump useless units, without less gold being used?

Hi all

Don't know if anyone mentioned something similar before; if so, I apologise, but I came up with this some time about a week ago.
    It may need some more thoughts and feedback from you guys here...

Frontline, leaving the glitches aside, is a spin off of Full Assault, which was labelled as the way to dump your useless units. It didn't really work out.

What if...
    A deploy in Frontline could be any of the special units, OR (and here it comes) a combination of units from your inventory where the total stats are equal to or less than the Arjun tank, i.e. 3000.

For example. One deploy would let you drop one Arjun tank, or 1500 scouts.
    A scout is 1 attack and 1 defence, totalling 2. Times 1500 = 3000.

Or instead of deploying one Arjun tank, you could deploy 300 medics. (0+10)x300 = 3000.

Gold users can still buy the Main carrier and refills also still apply.

The inventory selection like it was in full assault would need to come back.
    I realise this was slow, BUT (here is the other belter):
    A frontline war is 60 minutes. A lot of factions do deploy a few units at the beginning.
    What if people can take their time, sorting their useless units and deploying these stress free in the first 10-15 minutes, and when the battle starts to kick off, you could then switch to deploying Arjuns and Main carriers, like you are used to.
    You could easily lose hundreds if not thousands of units when the battle is calm and people are passing time, without losing many deploys, and in fact you would roughly dump the same amount of stats, only spread out over many more useless units.

Anyway,
    anyone wanting to elaborate on this, be my guest.
    Anyone hating this idea, feel free to let me know why.
    Anyone liking this, tell Gree that this may be a way of answering what has been asked many times (get rid of useless units) without it costing Gree money due to less spending of gold, or causing faction members friction with their team mates ("why are you ditching scouts when the rest of us are buying Arjuns?").
    I think this idea might have potential, but let me know your thoughts...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    What if I deploy 1 100k attack/100k defense unit = 200k points on a node immediately?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumiala View Post
    What if...
    A deploy in Frontline could be any of the special units, OR (and here it comes) a combination of units from your inventory where the total stats are equal to or less than the Arjun tank, i.e. 3000.
    Hi Apollo13.

It has to be equal to or less than 3000 (in total stats).
    So Gree would have to program a limit of 3000, so that your unit would not be deployable.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumiala View Post
    Hi Apollo13.

It has to be equal to or less than 3000 (in total stats).
    So Gree would have to program a limit of 3000, so that your unit would not be deployable.
    There is where your idea falls down the crap shoot

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Huj

I had thought about that, but could not come up with anything other than:
    Gree ought to use their money to hire more and better developers...

Bummer, I really thought I was on to something! Haha.

Post Count
    I haven't looked lately, but did gree figure out how to add the coding to not show any units with a +0 quantity? If not then, it still doesn't really matter if you can get rid of your useless units. They'll still show up in your inventory

Post Count
    I think all gree needs to do is allow people to exchange the old units for frontline ones. So people then only need to buy them if they dont have any to exchange.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Bndawgs.
    You lost me. I don't see anything that I have 0 of, but confess I am a bit lazy to look really hard.

kobywright.
    That's an even better idea than mine!
    Or to make a variation on yours:
    -sell useless units. Use money to buy frontline units.
    -sell them at half price? Difficult if you got them as a loot.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count

This!

Quote Originally Posted by kobywright View Post
    I think all gree needs to do is allow people to exchange the old units for frontline ones. So people then only need to buy them if they dont have any to exchange.
    This. All day and all week. The sheer number of different units that we have is absolutely insane. It has to be a bog on the game.