Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Leveling/Training Guide

Leveling (or called Training) plays an important role in this game. To level up a unit, you sacrifice/consume/use one or more of your units to build up its strength. This guide is to provide some hint for players to (hopefully) efficiently level-up their units.

For advanced players, this guide may not be that important because I imagine you already have hundreds of spare units to be consumed. But for newer players trying to build up its army without many unit to spare, I hope it can somehow be useful. I'll try to do this guide in the FAQ format.

Q1: What is level-up/training, promote, and what are the max levels each rarity class can level-up to?
    A1: Level-up/train means to raise the level of your unit. Higher level gives you better stats so you are more likely to win battles.

There are currently 5 rarity classes in this game, : C, UC, R, SR and UR. Regardless of its class, there are four stages you can level-up to, indicated by the caret/chevron/upward-pointing-arrow at the bottom right of your unit. You can use another of the same unit (doesn't need to be at the same level or stage) to "promote" (actually it's a merge, so one unit would be gone/consumed) it to the next stage (or possibly two stages above, see Q7). So in order to reach the max level, you need 4 of the same unit and promote three times and you will end up with one stage-4 unit... But you still need to level it up!

Max level for each stage:
    Rarity Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3 Stage 4
    C 10 20 30 40
    UC 10 20 30 40
    R 20 30 40 50
    SR 20 30 40 50
    UR 20 30 40 50

Q2: If my goal is to max out the unit at its Stage 4, should I train the unit to the max level before promotion, or should I promote it first to Stage 4 then train it?
    A2: You should train the unit to the max first, then promote it with another max'ed out unit. You'll spend less units this way. More to that later in Q7.

Q3: So, how many levels can I level-up when using xxx or yyy units, or what's the number of units I need to use in order to max out my zzz unit at the current stage and level?
    A3: The level-up/training system in this game takes into account several factors.

The first factor is the S (supply) value of the consumed unit. If you've fought in this game (of course you did!), you know that the S value of a unit is the amount of supply you need to dispatch another such unit (if it is recharged). For the use as a consumable, it is the exp value you can use to level up another unit. So if you use an S=200 unit to level up another unit, it should give you twice the exp (thus leveling up twice faster) than when you use an S=100 unit.

The second factor is the rarity class of the consumed unit. An S=100 UC unit gives you 3 times (300%) of the exp value of what you could get with an S=100 C unit. The following is the table for this factor.

Rarity Exp factor when used to level-up
    C 1
    UC 3
    R 5
    SR 7
    UR 9

The third factor is the faction. There are three factions in the unit description (represented by different icons that I couldn't figure out what they meant). If the unit to be trained belongs to the same faction as the unit to be consumed, you got a 25% bonus (meaning an S=100 unit from the same faction works the same as an S=125 unit from another faction).

The final factors is the rarity and level of the unit to be trained. The table below gives the exp required for a unit to gain ONE level at different levels and rarity:

Rarity LV 1-10 LV 11-20 LV 21-30 LV 31-40 LV 41-50
    C 50 50 50 50 --
    UC 150 300 600 900 --
    R 250 500 1000# # #
    SR 350 700 # # #
    UR 450 900* # # #
    #: You don't normally train at these levels because training each unit at lower stages/levels then promote would be more cost-effective. See Q2 and Q7.
    *: I didn't actually do it. Just an educated guess.

What is not a factor is the S value of the unit to be trained. Training a S=100 unit requires the same exp as training a S=500 unit (given all other factors the same).

To conclude all above with an example, suppose we have a level 1 R class Orpheus, which belongs to the faction <four triangles pointing to the right>. You smartly chose to train it with units from the same faction, say, level 1 UC class Python Chem, which you have a lot to spare, and it carries the S value of 177.

So you use 6 of them to train the Orpheus. The exp value they provide is:
    3 (UC) x 177 (S) x 1.25 (same faction) x 6 = 3982.5

Look at the table above, with 2500 exp you can level up this R class all the way through level 11 (250 x 10 levels), and the rest of exp (3982.5-2500 = 1482.5) is enough for you to raise another 2 levels (from level 11-20 it's 500 exp per level), so you end up with a Orpheus unit at level 13 (almost 14, because 1482.5 is really close to 1500).

Q4: You only talk about using level 1 units in Q3? How about if I use a level 2 unit to level up?
    A4: If you use a higher level unit to train another unit, it does give you more exp. But I did not experiment too much about that. I haven't had the luxury to use fully trained units that I no longer need to train other far better units, but I imagine some of you probably already did. But I do think training your consumables first then use them to train other units is not more cost-effective.

Q5: How about the money required to train the units?
    A5: Ha! Another thing I never experimented. I was never out of money so it was not important to me. If you play constantly I don't think you would care too much about money. But it seems training with 6 units at the same time should cost you less than training with one unit and repeat it for 6 times (both gives you the same exp, by the way).

Q6: When I win some battles, I also receive some exp, are they the same as the one you mentioned in Q3?
    A6: They are related but not identical. When you win battles, they will be a "UNIT EXP" number that gives you some exp to any unit not fully trained. But to translate that number into the exp value I used in Q3, you have to divide it by 4. For example, for the first non-streak versus battle you win, you gain 7 "UNIT EXP", that is equivalent to 7/4 = 1.75 exp value that I used in Q3.

(I could have multiplied all the exp values in Q3 by 4 so there's no fractions involved, but (1) that would make the numbers in Q3 quite large; (2) probably very few people would aim to train their units by earning battle exp. It's just too slow.)

Q7: So how about "promotion"s?
    A7: Promotion (merging) basically gets you into the stage that is the sum of the stages of the two units. So if you have a stage one unit merging with a stage one unit, you have a stage two unit; if you merge a stage two unit with another stage two unit, you have a stage four unit. (Of course you can merge a stage 3 with a stage 2, but it will only give you a stage 4 so you're wasting something here.)

Therefore, you have two paths to promote 4 of the same units to the stage 4:
    (1) stage 1 + stage 1 = stage 2; stage 2 + stage 1 = stage 3; stage 3 + stage 1 = stage 4
    (2) stage 1 + stage 1 = stage 2; another stage 1 + stage 1 = stage 2; stage 2 + stage 2 = stage 4

If you fully train each stage before promotion, both path cost you the same for C, R, SR and UR classes. The only difference is for UC class, where you would want to do path (1) because of the reason I'll explain below.

Let me give you the formula here (though I had not really tested it yet, I believe it is correct):

First, take a look at the two units you want to promote. Find the worse one, level-wise (don't look at the stage). Divide its level by 2, then add it to the better one. That's the level your new unit would be.

Example 1: Promote a 1/20 and a 1/20 R unit.
    Final level = 1 + 1/2 = 1.5 (level 1 with the exp half way)

Example 2: Promote a 1/30 and a 9/10 C unit.
    Final level = 9 + 1/2 = 9.5 (level 9 with the exp half way)

But usually you don't care about this. We always train our units to the max level then promote.

So if you have 2 fully trained stage-1 R, SR, or UR units (to level 20), when we promote, 10 levels (20/2) is added to the new units, effectively fully trains it.

But for C and UC units, fully trained stage 1 unit only give you a 5-level training gain because their stage 1 only have 10 levels (10/2=5). So after promotion you still need to train it for the next 5 levels to max it up. For C units, the cost to train is the same for every level from 1 to 40 (see the big table on Q3). But for UC units, the cost grows gradually. If you take path (1) above, you will need to train from 16-20, 26-30, and 36-40. If you take path (2), you will need to train from 16-20 (twice), then 30-40. Path (1) is more cost-effective because the high exp needed to go from 30-40 negates the gain from the lower levels.

(Note: when I first posted this I though (2) is better, but after some verification apparently I was wrong.)

Q8: How about the "Trainer"s?
    A8: Trainers, as their name suggest, are used for training, not fighting (once actually you could send them to battle -- they had an attack value of 6 or so -- but now you can't). They give you a huge amount of exp (S=1000, and then multiplied by the rarity factor, see table on Q3), pretty handy when leveling up. Initially each trainer did have a faction that it belongs to, but in the recent upgrade they took it away, so no more faction bonus.

That's about it. Comments are welcome!
    Last edited by tinyblazer; 08-29-2014 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Correction on Q7, and added Q8

This is what this forum needs. More statistics and actual data. I've been playing a while and I knew most of these things approximately but this helps me a lot. Amazing work

Nice Job, TinyBlazer

This should be stickied so it remains on top. Resources such as these are too few.

Great work! Stickied!

Unit experience???

What exactly is the unit experience you receive at the end of each battle. For example, you receive cash, experience, and unit experience. But the "unit experience" doesn't help with unit promotions or unit level so what exactly is it? Thx

Unit exp

Quote Originally Posted by User271320 View Post
    What exactly is the unit experience you receive at the end of each battle. For example, you receive cash, experience, and unit experience. But the "unit experience" doesn't help with unit promotions or unit level so what exactly is it? Thx
    The unit exp. levels up your un leveled units in your squad. So if you have a lvl 28 great sickle and its in your squad that your currently using, you gain exp. points used to level up that unit. I suspect that different classes of units take different amounts of points to level up. I have a uncommon Kadri in my squad that has leveled up a few times, they will show you each time the unit levels up. I have a level 48 Nemea that took a month to level up. The higher your units class, the more exp points it needs.

This community is awesome! Thanks for helping each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    This community is awesome! Thanks for helping each other out!
    I wish I could say that about Gree/Munkyfun's community service. Oh btw, its been two weeks since I have gotten a single response from Gree...yet you guys keep sending me feedback emails when you haven't even resolved my issue let alone responded to me...do you really want me too???

AmadeusINC
    Commanding Officer

Yes it be nice to get a reply

Yes I agree with other poster it would be nice to get a email to say yes we found the problem and this was the reason why instead of auto questioner

Violent Tempest Unopen Rewards

I have all boxes opened in Violent Tempest besides ONE box left in the last battle. Seems to me this game is sketchy and rigged because I have played Violent Tempest and beat it approx over 20+ times and it will not select the last unopened box that I need. Anyone else having this issue or having other situations where it seems this games rigged??? A LOT of complaints on this forum about this game.

Please help, game not working, and no tech support

Hi, ever since the boss stage was added, the PVP and boss stage and special events have not worked on this game on my iPad. I have contacted Gree like 20 times over the past 6 weeks, but nothing. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, not working. Can anyone please give advice. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astm23 View Post
    Hi, ever since the boss stage was added, the PVP and boss stage and special events have not worked on this game on my iPad. I have contacted Gree like 20 times over the past 6 weeks, but nothing. I have tried uninstalling and re installing, not working. Can anyone please give advice. Thanks
    Contacted over 20 times? Did you use the same Support Ticket?
    Keep all tickets together. If they are the same issue, reply to that ticket in the email they sent to you. Multiple tickets are considered spam and are likely closed.

Yeah making more tickets won't help push you in front of the queue. If anything It'll push you to the end.

Alliance Team Battle

Hi
    We just started an alliance.
    We only have 6 members so far.
    We are friends who play other games as a team.
    How do we team battle in league?
    Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by ERath View Post
    I have all boxes opened in Violent Tempest besides ONE box left in the last battle. Seems to me this game is sketchy and rigged because I have played Violent Tempest and beat it approx over 20+ times and it will not select the last unopened box that I need. Anyone else having this issue or having other situations where it seems this games rigged??? A LOT of complaints on this forum about this game.
    Oh yeah, this happens all the time, especially once that last box starts yielding a silver key (as if the silver warchests give you something better than the crappy uncommon units that we get 99.9% of the time). Lots of people have complained about it. You just have to keep beating it. Eventually it will open. Don't use the 3x reward. You'd think that would improve your chances of getting the third box to open, but it doesn't. You just waste energy and end up with 20 of the same unit. :/
    Last edited by Ldomino; 11-16-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Correct typo