Hard to trigger the boss

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard to trigger the boss

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Hard to trigger the boss

Anyone have problem triggering the boss? It becomes so hard to trigger this time. I spend 60 stamina for getting only 2 trigger and 1000 energy for 1 trigger.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by miaomiao View Post
    Anyone have problem triggering the boss? It becomes so hard to trigger this time. I spend 60 stamina for getting only 2 trigger and 1000 energy for 1 trigger.
    The triggering rate is definitely down, I noticed that the first boss, but I haven't spent 60 stamina to trigger two.. unless you were trying to trigger them back to back which in that case you have to wait like 3 mins before each trigger or else he won't pop up.
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    yep, it's not back down to unreasonable levels from a several months back, but it's definitely down from the "fixed" spawn rate an EB or 2 back. Really don't understand why they keep changing this, poor EB spawn rates literally don't benefit them at all, and only serves to annoy folks.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    That's why you never thank gree for anything!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    After you kill a boss force close the game...
    I AM BATMAN

Lurker
    Post Count
    Yes seems much harder to trigger the boss this time

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I'm not a real techy kind of guy, so maybe I'm off base here.. But the way I see it.. Its kinda like Word or Excel. Where it autosaves your progress, but you can also hit the save button at any time.

So with CC, your data that's on your device autosaves to the server, at specified intervals. (I'm just gonna call that the refresh rate). However there are certain action within the game that sort of act as a save button- refreshing the rivals list, opening syn chat, etc. Hitting these buttons connects you to the server to access refreshed/updated data.

Here's what I think.
    As part of the fight against cheaters/glitchers, Gree reduced the refresh time. This effectively force synchronizes devices and server more frequently.
    A side effect of this was the Epic Bosses seemed to be easier to summon. Another huge side effect, was the data surge.
    So now we have ppl happy with EB (unintended) but really not happy with their data usage (also unintended). What can Gree do? I believe they have adjusted the refresh again. By the sounds of what you guys are saying- not back to where it was originally, but tweaked enough to reduce the amount of data required, which again has an unintended consequence of making it seem like the bosses are harder to summon.

I do say "seem" harder to summon, because I have never had an issue summoning a boss, as long as I don't rely on the app to autosave for me.

Carmen Rivera is still my "goto" npc for summoning. The method is simple- force refresh a few times, then hit Carmen a few times, then force refresh again. More often than not, a boss is summoned. Low energy req, low xp gain.
    If there's an LTQ, I pvp for bosses.
    For pvp, I do the same thing essentially. Force refresh a few times, beat on a target a few times, then force refresh. Robbing, fighting- doesn't matter. Win/Lose, doesn't matter.

Gree:"Every action has a chance of summoning an Epic Boss". The key is to let the server know that you just completed an action.

As I said at the beginning, I'm not real techy. So maybe I'm out to lunch here.... But I do know that I very rarely have problems getting a boss. Same with the rest of my syn.

TL;DR: no issue here.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraleth View Post
    I'm not a real techy kind of guy, so maybe I'm off base here.. But the way I see it.. Its kinda like Word or Excel. Where it autosaves your progress, but you can also hit the save button at any time.

So with CC, your data that's on your device autosaves to the server, at specified intervals. (I'm just gonna call that the refresh rate). However there are certain action within the game that sort of act as a save button- refreshing the rivals list, opening syn chat, etc. Hitting these buttons connects you to the server to access refreshed/updated data.

Here's what I think.
    As part of the fight against cheaters/glitchers, Gree reduced the refresh time. This effectively force synchronizes devices and server more frequently.
    A side effect of this was the Epic Bosses seemed to be easier to summon. Another huge side effect, was the data surge.
    So now we have ppl happy with EB (unintended) but really not happy with their data usage (also unintended). What can Gree do? I believe they have adjusted the refresh again. By the sounds of what you guys are saying- not back to where it was originally, but tweaked enough to reduce the amount of data required, which again has an unintended consequence of making it seem like the bosses are harder to summon.

I do say "seem" harder to summon, because I have never had an issue summoning a boss, as long as I don't rely on the app to autosave for me.

Carmen Rivera is still my "goto" npc for summoning. The method is simple- force refresh a few times, then hit Carmen a few times, then force refresh again. More often than not, a boss is summoned. Low energy req, low xp gain.
    For pvp, I do the same thing essentially. Force refresh a few times, beat on a target a few times, then force refresh. Robbing, fighting- doesn't matter. Win/Lose, doesn't matter.

Gree:"Every action has a chance of summoning an Epic Boss". The key is to let the server know that you just completed an action.

As I said at the beginning, I'm not real techy. So maybe I'm out to lunch here.... But I do know that I very rarely have problems getting a boss. Same with the rest of my syn.

You're not real techy? I call lies

And this actually made sense and would explain what happened.. and do the same exact thing to summon bosses :P
    Double Negative is always recruiting. T10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FoTYwwlIQ
    Line id: evan1000

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Epic boss should be spawning as normal. Thanks.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Eraleth View Post

Here's what I think.

Well said! very helpful, too.

I haven't had any problems popping bosses since the event began.
    I close the app each time after killing or wait 2-3 mins.

News Spam [ON]
    Line ID: clementine88

Post Count
    1) wait 2 mins after boss is dead (simply set your lock-screen every 2 mins)
    2) hit carmen 5x
    3) click globe asap

done.

Assault & Flattery made the signature above. She will be missed.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The_ View Post
    ...wait 2 mins after boss is dead (simply set your lock-screen every 2 mins)
    That's a handy suggestion! Good idea!
    Line ID: clementine88

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Uninstalling and reinstalling does help too. Once I did this I had no issues.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Epic boss should be spawning as normal. Thanks.
    Depends on your depends on your definition of normal though! It's normally been pretty bad for the last year or so, then a couple of cycles ago (it was the boss called Tyrone Bentley) summoning was joyfully easy. It's now back at where it was the rest of the time - doable, but trickier than it should be.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by miaomiao View Post
    Nope, looks like its just you bromo