GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updating to iOS 8

Social Media Manager
    Post Count

Updating to iOS 8

Hey everyone!

Kingdom Age will be making changes to support the new iOS 8 operating system, unfortunately, due to the small amount of available memory present on the iPod Touch 4G we will no longer be able to support it as a platform for Kingdom Age.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause the members of our community which this affects and we appreciate your support throughout the years.

Our support team will be more than happy to assist with transferring your account to a new device, should you decide to upgrade.

Post Count
    Does this go for all models for iPod touch even the latest model.please could you list iPod models that your not supporting?
    Last edited by Totalwar; 08-27-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Post Count
    Also I read that the iPhone 4 will not be getting a release of IOS 8 does that mean your support the iPhone 4 still?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    We will still be supporting the iPhone 4. We will not be supporting the iPod 4 Touch 4G.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The way I read this thread, Gree is not supporting the iPod Touch 4G, but not necessarily giving up support for all iPods... what makes you feel that all iPods won't be supported, Totalwar? Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge about iPods, which is seriously very possible...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    The way I read this thread, Gree is not supporting the iPod Touch 4G, but not necessarily giving up support for all iPods... what makes you feel that all iPods won't be supported, Totalwar? Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge about iPods, which is seriously very possible...
    Sorry just panic when I read that been playing for years be very sad day that I can't play KA no more.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    We will still be supporting the iPhone 4. We will not be supporting the iPod 4 Touch 4G.
    So sorry just to get it straight the only iPod affected is the iPod touch 4th generation?

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar View Post
    So sorry just to get it straight the only iPod affected is the iPod touch 4th generation?
    This is correct.

EDIT: We also don't support iPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 1st generation.

Post Count
    Thanks Tadaaah for clarifying that.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Is there a date when you're pulling the plug on it? This is really sad because people do spend on their 4g iPods.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    Is there a date when you're pulling the plug on it? This is really sad because people do spend on their 4g iPods.
    Well then they better spend for the latest iPod Touch 5G

Post Count
    What about the iPad 1st Gen? Same amount of RAM as the Touch 4G.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So, iPod 4th Gen users won't be able to stay on iOS7 and keep playing?

Post Count
    4th Gen iPod users aren't even on iOS 7. 4th Gen iPod are stuck at iOS 6. Which I suppose begs the question why there's an issue with it not running under iOS 8.

And also, will there be additional support to help transferring accounts? My last account recovery took just under 3 weeks to complete for reasons that were never made clear to me.

Lastly, when is this change going to be implemented? How long do we have before the blade falls?
    Last edited by RandomUser; 08-28-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Additional Q

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GetItFixed View Post
    Well then they better spend for the latest iPod Touch 5G
    Nah, they'd better cut their losses and decide not to continue providing that revenue stream to that company. If they want to limit the amount of spending across multiple accounts that's up to them.