Data Cleanup Suggestions

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data Cleanup Suggestions

Articulate Author
    Post Count

Data Cleanup Suggestions

I've noticed that a lot of people across all of the different iOS device spectrum are having problems with game crashes, disappearing ltbs, etc. There's way too much stuff for your servers to read automatically especially since we typically have 8-12 quests going at once. How about we do the following:

1. Remove old ltq mobs. I have mobs populating maps from over a year ago from random ltqs. Clearing those from the maps will help things speed up.

2. Allow us to sell old units for gold. No offense but no unit under 10k stat even provides a tick to my stats. How about giving us an option to redeem them for something? There would need to be a function that will not allow you to sell a unit that comes with a boost.

3. Move ltbs client side at the end of the event to reduce the data load from the server.

Any other suggestions from the community are welcome. Let's try to keep this as a constructive, troll free zone and find solutions to the issues that affect us. Checking my profile currently makes the app force close and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Last edited by Alexius; 08-26-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Additions

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    +1 on selling our units

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Very good suggestions. Thumbs up.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    How about the ability to merge units like other Gree games

Post Count
    I'd even be happy with just deleting units.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    my devices hasn't particularly crashed or anything, but my iphone 3gs crashes due to outdated tech and slower memory processing. I do always clear up all the old LTQ units off my maps. I figure I don't need them, so I clear them away. I don't leave any half killed mobs laying around. I think selling units would be cool. Maybe even trading units within the same guild would a neat thing to have. Merging units will be too much for GREE to handle in this game. Plus, we never get more than one of the cooler units. All the junk units are not even worth merging.

Articulate Author The red Baron's Avatar
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Just do it, units and all the senseless loot, give us the possibility to delte or better to recycle it.
    The Red Baron TRB

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexius View Post
    1. Remove old ltq mobs. I have mobs populating maps from over a year ago from random ltqs. Clearing those from the maps will help things speed up.
    2. Allow us to sell old units for gold.
    There are 2 things you can do to get rid of old LTQ-NPCs:
    -Kill them off.
    -SIT (Send In Ticket) asking GREE to remove them.

Killing is easier & quicker. Yes, you'll gain XP -oh no, but they should not regen. If they regen, SIT.
    IDK if GREE will still remove old LTQ-NPCs from the maps, but they have in the past.

Selling, deleting and merging unused units has been asked many times in KA, CC & MW.
    Never hurts to ask again. It's always a very popular suggestion.

Other remedies:
    -Transfer an acct that is constantly crashing to a new device since crashes are more common on older devices (like my 1st gen iPad.)
    -Delete everything (pics, videos, books, unused apps, etc...) from your device to make more space for KA to run.
    Line ID: clementine88

Social Media Manager
    Post Count
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, everyone. We do have a feature in the works to help with inventory. We'll have more details on that in the future once it's closer.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, everyone. We do have a feature in the works to help with inventory. We'll have more details on that in the future once it's closer.
    Good news, but please be aware that this feature includes a delete or sell option for units. Thanks.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by GetItFixed View Post
    Good news, but please be aware that this feature includes a delete or sell option for units. Thanks.
    Check the new events in CC & MW... It is probably going to be a sort function for inventory.
    Line ID: clementine88