Is the -5% Upgrade cost right?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is the -5% Upgrade cost right?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Is the -5% Upgrade cost right?

Hey All,

Has anyone noticed any problems with the new -5% upgrade cost bonus?

My next upgrade I'm sure was supposed to be 5.4 bil but now shows at 5.6 bil which is 5% increase.

Can someone look into this pls?

Many thanks

Loki
    Join the BEST to be the BEST

Post Count
    building output shrinkin also -5%....

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The upgrade cost is multiplicative instead of additive. If your upgrade cost reduction bonus was -30% before the most recent -5% prize, then your new upgrade cost reduction bonus will NOT be -35%. It will be around 33% or 34% depending on rounding. The way you would figure that out is .7 * .95 = .665 which in percentage form is 33.5%. Basically, the higher your upgrade cost reduction bonus goes, the less benefit you get from new bonuses.

As for the Building output bonus, that is additive so you should have gotten an actual 5% bonus. That bonus only applies to the original building output, not the boosted output you see on the building popup.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by elangomatt View Post
    The upgrade cost is multiplicative instead of additive. If your upgrade cost reduction bonus was -30% before the most recent -5% prize, then your new upgrade cost reduction bonus will NOT be -35%. It will be around 33% or 34% depending on rounding. The way you would figure that out is .7 * .95 = .665 which in percentage form is 33.5%. Basically, the higher your upgrade cost reduction bonus goes, the less benefit you get from new bonuses.

As for the Building output bonus, that is additive so you should have gotten an actual 5% bonus. That bonus only applies to the original building output, not the boosted output you see on the building popup.
    Right but either way the cost should have gone down not up, so as I appreciate the explanation I'm still wondering whether there's an increase or a decrease in the bonus.
    Join the BEST to be the BEST

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Wonder if it works that way on a -20% gold sale... Personally I don't even check to see a bonus works anymore. I only hope that mistakes are all universal and the same crap I put up with is everyone else's problem too.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki KAD View Post
    Right but either way the cost should have gone down not up, so as I appreciate the explanation I'm still wondering whether there's an increase or a decrease in the bonus.
    Sorry, I thought you were calculating what you thought the cost should have been and were complaining because it was higher than you thought it should be. I'm on iOS and I keep a spreadsheet of all my buildings upgrade costs/output amounts/etc and I can tell you with 100% certainty that my building upgrade costs all went down after getting the 1-day WD prize for building upgrade cost reduction. I updated all the costs in my spreadsheet last night and the upgrade costs all went down.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    With Gree math and percentages, you never what you will get.

All you can do is sit down and hang on and try not to lose your lunch during the ride.

Post Count

Grees black math

you can put what ever % and equations you think you know about this game bottom line gree has no idea when you have a % of 200,300,400 att boost or defense for that matter do you really think that a 100K unit with increase the same boost bonus

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Auspex View Post
    Wonder if it works that way on a -20% gold sale... Personally I don't even check to see a bonus works anymore. I only hope that mistakes are all universal and the same crap I put up with is everyone else's problem too.
    Laughed my a@$ off at that one

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Gree math... 1 + 1 = f$&@ed!

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Its a -5% upgrade costs that can go both ways... Like we think its getting cheaper but they want to take away 5% of our upgrade costs and thats what they did

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    A new dimension to the bait n switch lol

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    So much posts are about stupid upgrade cost bonus. It is not upgrade time bonus or energy regen bonus or health bonus.
    There are no complaints about calculations of attack/defense bonuses because the calculations are comprehensive already with current crazy values in hundreds of percents. Do you think that all is correct in calculations there?