not that anyone cares (including GREEd) - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not that anyone cares (including GREEd)

Post Count
    It's not that much. 17 billion yen = ~163.5 MILLION dollars.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The NSA View Post
    Yes, but the fact that that income decreases year by year is the important part. They're making money but not as much as they used to, and considering the market hasn't changed drastically maybe Gree's greed and incompetence are largely to blame for this downwards trend.
    Perhaps, but for every rage quit, someone new joins.

I think the world is figuring out these "freemium" games, or perhaps are going broke playing them. There was a time when many casual players could be lured into spending money on these things, and as the technology has become more familiar, people are getting wiser to the folly. I am guessing that is happening with all games requiring healthy spending to be competitive, not just Gree.

One thing we have all learned in all this, gambling addicts, and addictive behavior in general come in many forms. And I think the psychological aspect is fascinating. The latest trend I have noticed is how people will blindly pursue all goals presented to them, even at high cost. The amount of complaining when people realize they can't complete a mission of goal is pretty telling. Gree sets the goal, people follow like lemmings. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Lurker
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Look there baby someone cares

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I think most of the time they want you to use your gold, so you BUY MORE...

Quote Originally Posted by daystardawg View Post
    but I'm done.

this "game" hasn't been fun for a long time but i could at least finish ltqs and syn events with minimal gold use. now vaults of gold are required for everything. no thanks.

congrats gree, for being run by idiots who think keeping only 10% of your customers engaged is a good business model.