Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Boss Battle FAQ

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,901

    Boss Battle FAQ

    We have a new event coming to League of War! We wanted to take some time to make sure you had all the basics before the event goes live!

    What are Boss Battles?

    A Boss Battle is an event in which players battle powerful bosses in order to earn special rewards. Players will compete against each other earning progression awards as well as earn points to be placed onto a leaderboard of other players.

    How do I participate in Boss Battles?

    You’ll be able to access the Boss Battle two ways: either through your Play button or the event banner.

    How do I make the Epic Boss in Boss Battles appear?

    Before going head to head with the Epic Boss, you’ll need to take out his Lieutenants. Choose one of the four lieutenants at a time to battle with until all have been defeated. Once all four lieutenants have been defeated, you’ll face off against the Epic Boss.

    What is a Lieutenant?

    Lieutenants are battles that need to be cleared first in order to face the Epic Boss. There will be four lieutenants guarding the Epic Boss. You will use energy to enter these battles. The battles will consist of a combination of both towers and units. Defeat the final base to clear that Lieutenant. Lieutenants difficulties will range.

    What do I do once the Epic Boss is unlocked?

    Battle to defeat the boss and earn points on the leaderboard. Each time you defeat the boss the difficulty will raise. Don’t worry if you are having difficulty defeating a boss, after one defeat you’ll be able to invite friends to help take the Epic Boss down!

    Will the Epic Boss fight be identical to the Lieutenants?

    No, while both battles will have a mixture of towers and units to defeat, the Epic Boss base (once triggered) will start to slowly move towards your base. You will have to beat the Epic Boss before he destroys your base!

    How can we request Friend’s help?

    Once you have been defeated by an Lieutenant or the Epic Boss, the option to make your battles public will become available. This will invite friends, alliance members, and other players to come to your aid. Invitations to help will appear as motifs on the “Help Others” buttons. Players gain event points for doing damage. There are special rewards for being the first or last to attack, or for doing the most damage.

    You'll want to offer up your Boss Battle for help. You'll be able to move on and earn more points!

    How are points awarded?

    Points are awarded if the Officer or Boss is defeated. More points are awarded for Boss Battles than for Officer defeats. Additionally, points are based off of how much damage you do. If you start, finish, do the most damage, or kill the most the most officers then you get a bonus.

    What are Countermeasure Units?

    There are two Countermeasure units, one UC and one SR, which give 20% and 50% bonus event points respectively when you use them in your Squad against Bosses and Officers. Countermeasure units can be found in the Attack chest and Elite chest during the event.


    Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    112

    Thanks for the FAQ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    We have a new event coming to League of War! We wanted to take some time to make sure you had all the basics before the event goes live!

    What are Boss Battles?

    A Boss Battle is an event in which players battle powerful bosses in order to earn special rewards. Players will compete against each other earning progression awards as well as earn points to be placed onto a leaderboard of other players.

    How do I participate in Boss Battles?

    You’ll be able to access the Boss Battle two ways: either through your Play button or the event banner.

    How do I make the Epic Boss in Boss Battles appear?

    Before going head to head with the Epic Boss, you’ll need to take out his Lieutenants. Choose one of the four lieutenants at a time to battle with until all have been defeated. Once all four lieutenants have been defeated, you’ll face off against the Epic Boss.

    What is a Lieutenant?

    Lieutenants are battles that need to be cleared first in order to face the Epic Boss. There will be four lieutenants guarding the Epic Boss. You will use energy to enter these battles. The battles will consist of a combination of both towers and units. Defeat the final base to clear that Lieutenant. Lieutenants difficulties will range.

    What do I do once the Epic Boss is unlocked?

    Battle to defeat the boss and earn points on the leaderboard. Each time you defeat the boss the difficulty will raise. Don’t worry if you are having difficulty defeating a boss, after one defeat you’ll be able to invite friends to help take the Epic Boss down!

    Will the Epic Boss fight be identical to the Lieutenants?

    No, while both battles will have a mixture of towers and units to defeat, the Epic Boss base (once triggered) will start to slowly move towards your base. You will have to beat the Epic Boss before he destroys your base!

    How can we request Friend’s help?

    Once you have been defeated by an Lieutenant or the Epic Boss, the option to make your battles public will become available. This will invite friends, alliance members, and other players to come to your aid. Invitations to help will appear as motifs on the “Help Others” buttons. Players gain event points for doing damage. There are special rewards for being the first or last to attack, or for doing the most damage.

    You'll want to offer up your Boss Battle for help. You'll be able to move on and earn more points!

    What are Countermeasure Units?

    There are two Countermeasure units, one UC and one SR, which give 20% and 50% bonus event points respectively when you use them in your Squad against Bosses and Officers. Countermeasure units can be found in the Attack chest and Elite chest during the event.


    Please let us know if you have any additional questions!
    Thanks a lot for the FAQ. A lot of use where really excited about this new event. Nice going.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    40
    How soon can we expect this? I'm assuming it will be the next event or are my hopes too high?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    How soon can we expect this? I'm assuming it will be the next event or are my hopes too high?
    Even sooner than you think!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    177
    Keen. It's good to see an alternate event to invasion.

    How will friends be able to help with the battle? Do they do it for you or do you receive bonuses?
    Last edited by Obamallama; 08-22-2014 at 03:57 PM.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    Even sooner than you think!
    Lol, whatever.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    RedDeer,Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    25

    We shall see

    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    We have a new event coming to League of War! We wanted to take some time to make sure you had all the basics before the event goes live!

    What are Boss Battles?

    A Boss Battle is an event in which players battle powerful bosses in order to earn special rewards. Players will compete against each other earning progression awards as well as earn points to be placed onto a leaderboard of other players.

    How do I participate in Boss Battles?

    You’ll be able to access the Boss Battle two ways: either through your Play button or the event banner.

    How do I make the Epic Boss in Boss Battles appear?

    Before going head to head with the Epic Boss, you’ll need to take out his Lieutenants. Choose one of the four lieutenants at a time to battle with until all have been defeated. Once all four lieutenants have been defeated, you’ll face off against the Epic Boss.

    What is a Lieutenant?

    Lieutenants are battles that need to be cleared first in order to face the Epic Boss. There will be four lieutenants guarding the Epic Boss. You will use energy to enter these battles. The battles will consist of a combination of both towers and units. Defeat the final base to clear that Lieutenant. Lieutenants difficulties will range.

    What do I do once the Epic Boss is unlocked?

    Battle to defeat the boss and earn points on the leaderboard. Each time you defeat the boss the difficulty will raise. Don’t worry if you are having difficulty defeating a boss, after one defeat you’ll be able to invite friends to help take the Epic Boss down!

    Will the Epic Boss fight be identical to the Lieutenants?

    No, while both battles will have a mixture of towers and units to defeat, the Epic Boss base (once triggered) will start to slowly move towards your base. You will have to beat the Epic Boss before he destroys your base!

    How can we request Friend’s help?

    Once you have been defeated by an Lieutenant or the Epic Boss, the option to make your battles public will become available. This will invite friends, alliance members, and other players to come to your aid. Invitations to help will appear as motifs on the “Help Others” buttons. Players gain event points for doing damage. There are special rewards for being the first or last to attack, or for doing the most damage.

    You'll want to offer up your Boss Battle for help. You'll be able to move on and earn more points!

    What are Countermeasure Units?

    There are two Countermeasure units, one UC and one SR, which give 20% and 50% bonus event points respectively when you use them in your Squad against Bosses and Officers. Countermeasure units can be found in the Attack chest and Elite chest during the event.


    Please let us know if you have any additional questions!
    We will see how this goes,sounds very intriguing.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    40
    I'm definitely pretty amped to see more cooperative aspects added to this game.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Florida - USA
    Posts
    29
    OMG You guys rock! We are so anxious woot woot I'll be playing those Boss battles all week long non-stop Cheers Tadaaah... You're the best!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSkills View Post
    OMG You guys rock! We are so anxious woot woot I'll be playing those Boss battles all week long non-stop Cheers Tadaaah... You're the best!
    Jeez dude. Are they paying you?

  11. #11
    I really like the event. hopefully it will be continued in the future

  12. #12

    Exclamation Chest returns...

    Quote Originally Posted by UnabatedDeath View Post
    I really like the event. hopefully it will be continued in the future
    I agree... However, I'm at Boss 10 and event payouts have been absolutely horrible. They should really increase the event payouts to include better items... Or even items rarely seen. /sigh/

  13. #13

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,901
    Thanks for the initial feedback everyone! We'll be asking for more specifics next week once the first event is over.

  14. #14
    I like Boss Battle but maybe change it so you only receive help if you request it. Also the Make Public button is in a terrible place it is way to easy to accidentally push after a win.
    Last edited by Blackness; 08-26-2014 at 01:13 PM.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackness View Post
    I like Boss Battle but maybe change it so you only receive help if you request it. Also the Make Public button is in a terrible place it is way to easy to accidentally push after a win.
    Maybe make it so you can turn public help off and on as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in