Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Boss Battle FAQ

Boss Battle FAQ

We have a new event coming to League of War! We wanted to take some time to make sure you had all the basics before the event goes live!

What are Boss Battles?

A Boss Battle is an event in which players battle powerful bosses in order to earn special rewards. Players will compete against each other earning progression awards as well as earn points to be placed onto a leaderboard of other players.

How do I participate in Boss Battles?

You’ll be able to access the Boss Battle two ways: either through your Play button or the event banner.

How do I make the Epic Boss in Boss Battles appear?

Before going head to head with the Epic Boss, you’ll need to take out his Lieutenants. Choose one of the four lieutenants at a time to battle with until all have been defeated. Once all four lieutenants have been defeated, you’ll face off against the Epic Boss.

What is a Lieutenant?

Lieutenants are battles that need to be cleared first in order to face the Epic Boss. There will be four lieutenants guarding the Epic Boss. You will use energy to enter these battles. The battles will consist of a combination of both towers and units. Defeat the final base to clear that Lieutenant. Lieutenants difficulties will range.

What do I do once the Epic Boss is unlocked?

Battle to defeat the boss and earn points on the leaderboard. Each time you defeat the boss the difficulty will raise. Don’t worry if you are having difficulty defeating a boss, after one defeat you’ll be able to invite friends to help take the Epic Boss down!

Will the Epic Boss fight be identical to the Lieutenants?

No, while both battles will have a mixture of towers and units to defeat, the Epic Boss base (once triggered) will start to slowly move towards your base. You will have to beat the Epic Boss before he destroys your base!

How can we request Friend’s help?

Once you have been defeated by an Lieutenant or the Epic Boss, the option to make your battles public will become available. This will invite friends, alliance members, and other players to come to your aid. Invitations to help will appear as motifs on the “Help Others” buttons. Players gain event points for doing damage. There are special rewards for being the first or last to attack, or for doing the most damage.

You'll want to offer up your Boss Battle for help. You'll be able to move on and earn more points!

How are points awarded?

Points are awarded if the Officer or Boss is defeated. More points are awarded for Boss Battles than for Officer defeats. Additionally, points are based off of how much damage you do. If you start, finish, do the most damage, or kill the most the most officers then you get a bonus.

What are Countermeasure Units?

There are two Countermeasure units, one UC and one SR, which give 20% and 50% bonus event points respectively when you use them in your Squad against Bosses and Officers. Countermeasure units can be found in the Attack chest and Elite chest during the event.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks for the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    We have a new event coming to League of War! We wanted to take some time to make sure you had all the basics before the event goes live!

What are Boss Battles?

A Boss Battle is an event in which players battle powerful bosses in order to earn special rewards. Players will compete against each other earning progression awards as well as earn points to be placed onto a leaderboard of other players.

You’ll be able to access the Boss Battle two ways: either through your Play button or the event banner.

Before going head to head with the Epic Boss, you’ll need to take out his Lieutenants. Choose one of the four lieutenants at a time to battle with until all have been defeated. Once all four lieutenants have been defeated, you’ll face off against the Epic Boss.

What is a Lieutenant?

Lieutenants are battles that need to be cleared first in order to face the Epic Boss. There will be four lieutenants guarding the Epic Boss. You will use energy to enter these battles. The battles will consist of a combination of both towers and units. Defeat the final base to clear that Lieutenant. Lieutenants difficulties will range.

Battle to defeat the boss and earn points on the leaderboard. Each time you defeat the boss the difficulty will raise. Don’t worry if you are having difficulty defeating a boss, after one defeat you’ll be able to invite friends to help take the Epic Boss down!

No, while both battles will have a mixture of towers and units to defeat, the Epic Boss base (once triggered) will start to slowly move towards your base. You will have to beat the Epic Boss before he destroys your base!

Once you have been defeated by an Lieutenant or the Epic Boss, the option to make your battles public will become available. This will invite friends, alliance members, and other players to come to your aid. Invitations to help will appear as motifs on the “Help Others” buttons. Players gain event points for doing damage. There are special rewards for being the first or last to attack, or for doing the most damage.

You'll want to offer up your Boss Battle for help. You'll be able to move on and earn more points!

There are two Countermeasure units, one UC and one SR, which give 20% and 50% bonus event points respectively when you use them in your Squad against Bosses and Officers. Countermeasure units can be found in the Attack chest and Elite chest during the event.

Thanks a lot for the FAQ. A lot of use where really excited about this new event. Nice going.

How soon can we expect this? I'm assuming it will be the next event or are my hopes too high?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    How soon can we expect this? I'm assuming it will be the next event or are my hopes too high?
    Even sooner than you think!

Keen. It's good to see an alternate event to invasion.

How will friends be able to help with the battle? Do they do it for you or do you receive bonuses?
    Last edited by Obamallama; 08-22-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Even sooner than you think!
    Lol, whatever.

We shall see

What are Boss Battles?

What is a Lieutenant?

We will see how this goes,sounds very intriguing.

I'm definitely pretty amped to see more cooperative aspects added to this game.

OMG You guys rock! We are so anxious woot woot I'll be playing those Boss battles all week long non-stop Cheers Tadaaah... You're the best!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSkills View Post
    OMG You guys rock! We are so anxious woot woot I'll be playing those Boss battles all week long non-stop Cheers Tadaaah... You're the best!
    Jeez dude. Are they paying you?

I really like the event. hopefully it will be continued in the future

Exclamation Chest returns...

Quote Originally Posted by UnabatedDeath View Post
    I really like the event. hopefully it will be continued in the future
    I agree... However, I'm at Boss 10 and event payouts have been absolutely horrible. They should really increase the event payouts to include better items... Or even items rarely seen. /sigh/

Thanks for the initial feedback everyone! We'll be asking for more specifics next week once the first event is over.

I like Boss Battle but maybe change it so you only receive help if you request it. Also the Make Public button is in a terrible place it is way to easy to accidentally push after a win.
    Last edited by Blackness; 08-26-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackness View Post
    I like Boss Battle but maybe change it so you only receive help if you request it. Also the Make Public button is in a terrible place it is way to easy to accidentally push after a win.
    Maybe make it so you can turn public help off and on as well.